Let’s learn how to record screen!
An online document that requires you to fill up your credentials, maybe secretly logging into someone’s Instagram account, performing exceptionally in your favorite battle royale, and even saving the previous layouts of your interface.
Taking multiple screenshots (Win + PrtSc) can be very hectic and harder to organize. In such cases, a recording screen is the best option, and by the end of this article, it probably will become a cup of tea for you as well (even if you have never even used a laptop).
Alright, let’s get to it!
So, How to record screen?
Depending upon the operating system you use and the version of that operating system, there can be various ways on how to record screen. Even though the basic screen recording is the same over all the platforms and will be used for most of your content unless you need to start capturing professionally (even the professionals prefer the basic screen recording).
So, shall we learn how to record screen? Screen recording can be done using various third-party software for free and by paying for it as well. Still, we will introduce you to a free screen recorder that won’t even require any external app, and the chances are that you might have already heard of it before.
How to record screen
Alright then!! Here’s how to record screen-
Let’s break the ice and present to you one of the very few “built-in screen recorders” named XBOX GAME BAR that will record your computer second within the snap of a finger. Just these few steps before you can record games, practice background recording, record audio, and best of all, it records the entire screen. Screen recording using this feature makes the process minimal and very effective and reliable since it never fails.
Steps on how to record screen
Open Xbox game bar:-
These are the steps on how to record screen:
There are various ways to open the Xbox game bar on your computer screen.
- Use this shortcut, Win + G and, the Xbox game bar appears.
- Search for the Xbox game bar.
Select capture option:-
The first step on how to record screen:
- Once the Xbox game bar appears, select the capture tab, which looks like this-
- A pop up appears with plenty of options and, it might look somewhat like this-
- A screenshot can be captured by clicking Win + PrtSc, but alternatively, you can click
- Finally, this is what we need to learn about. Click on this record button and boom!!!!!
YOUR SCREEN IS NOW BEING RECORDED!! HURRAY!!
Various ways on how to record screen:
Xbox is a completely free screen recorder and is probably the easiest to use. It gives you an edge because it offers you the customization of audio settings, audio recording, changing from internal audio to external audio or mixing both of them, change the file location, video quality settings customization, and a lot more that comes with the Xbox app (which is pre-installed in most latest machines).
This helps you to understand how to screen record with customization.
Optimizing video settings
Steps after learning how to record screen-
Record your screen in a variety of resolutions and refresh rates if the system allows you to. You can always check the video settings under the settings tab and video preferences. Then, how to screen record the way you want the output to look?
There are a wide variety of options to record your screen. After you record your screen, stop the recording, and the preview gets displayed on the device screen. Play the preview to view and get a glimpse of it.
How to record screen using those favorite colors?
The personalization of this screen recorder adds to the aesthetics of the recording procedure, which helps you focus on your work rather than having that floating icon covering up a percentage of the screen.
Answering the important “how to record screen,” we need to now learn about capturing what we have. There is flexibility over what you want to record and what not to. You can record your voice and the internal device’s audio, and you can always change it in the settings.
- Even though the Xbox game bar provides you with most of the features you need, sometimes these aren’t enough. For streaming while recording, recording after a brief interval, recording a particular part of the screen, recorder with a built-in video editor, and other customization it’s always a better option to use some third-party software or an application from the store. Some of the paid, as well as free software, are as follows:-
- Obs studio
- Ice-cream screen recorder
- Screencast o-Matic
They re among the top screen recorders available with a lot of customization. These come with free usage and access to most features with the disadvantage of annoying advertisements that can be a deal-breaker while playing hardcore.
How to use recordings wisely
Once the screen has been recorded, it’s time to use that clip somewhere.
As far as personal use is concerned, you can use the clips from anywhere you prefer. Still, professionally, you should keep in mind the copyright fragmentation and other issues that can lead to legal intervention as well.
Screen recordings should be saved in the right locations where they can be easily accessed and used later for the required purposes, and it’s only wise to rename the saved file to the required information or the content it relates to. New screen recordings are kept in the same locations as the previous ones, probably in the videos section on your Windows 10 pc.
Tips for using the recorder accurately:
- Enable screen recording in the settings for recording to work efficiently.
- Screen recording is used via the default Xbox game bar (default screen recorder in almost all Windows 10 pc).
- The computer screen shouldn’t be locked or non-accessible for the screen recorder to work correctly.
- The record button should only be clicked once so the recording doesn’t just end abruptly.
- Screen recordings are backed so they are safe forever.
- A video editor is ready, so the videos are readily available to edit and customize.
- Video files are by default saved with a .mp4 format in the default resolution.
- Google drive provides 15 GB of free storage, which would be more than enough for normal personal usage. Use the Google Photos app to backup your photos there, and it’s the best option out there that helps you backup your video files with less work. It can be synced over your android devices and apple devices as well, this, the captured videos being synced everywhere.
- Windows pc running on the latest version comes with this naive feature that enables us to tap start recording within a few clicks that saves the video file within the file explorer. But if it’s not available by default, installing Xbox would solve everything.
Posting your recorded video files to 1 platform
Once the mp4 file is recorded and backed up, it’s time to bring it to use. Use it for personal use and keep it to yourself as memories, or you can always prefer to post it on your socials. Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other social platforms allow you to post content that may be plagiarized (depends on the platform you are posting to). It might get deleted if it doesn’t fulfill the copyright requirements.
Screen recording software
How to record screen with other applications?
Install the screen recording softwares such as Obs studio, Camtasia, Ice-cream screen recorder Screen, cast o-Matic, and other major verified screen recorders from their official sites.
The menu bar can help in finding the shortcuts to the application. Once the record button is pressed, the recording begins, and another native feature is almost the same.
The plus point of that is that it pro with a countdown timer, helping you capture the screen within a specified time ranging from a few seconds to multiple hours. Give access to the necessary permissions in the control center.
How to record screen with your custom screen ratio?
Nowadays, pc or laptop screens come in various ratios ranging from the general to a bit complex ratios, so the videos are recorded in the respective ratios as the whole screen is recorded unless you choose the snippet option.
Stoping the recording is as easy as beginning it; press the square stop button to end the recording and you will notice the popup that notifies you that your clip has been saved with the location where it has been saved.
Using the built-in screen recorder, you can screen record the computer screen; recording the entire screen is the best advantage of it. Stop recording the whole screen once you are done using the ‘record your screen’ option. Once the Windows + x option is clicked, a drop-down menu appears to start recurring by clicking the red record button. Check the upper right corner for the menu containing all the possibilities. Hence, record your videos and audio with ease.
If the Xbox game bar cannot capture the free screen or cannot be used for the purposes you want it to work for, you can always use some third-party software to capture the screen. The screenshot isn’t a problem since Windows is already equipped to capture the computer screen in all conditions without any necessary permissions or accessories.
A few third-party software are listed above, which work great without paying much or negligible payment, but at the cost of advertisements and annoying popups, which can be a deal-breaker if you are looking for smooth recording.
We hope that you are equipped with the knowledge of recording the screen within seconds, even with your eyes closed!!
Go ahead and start capturing everything you see on screen, provided you have enough storage and plenty of screen time. Good luck with your new screen recording process.
Now that you know how to record screen, check out another informative article. Click here.