Have you ever heard about Mandalore planet? If yes, then you are a big fan of the film series Star Wars. If you have not heard about it, then let me explain you. Mandalore is an imaginary planet depicted in the film series Star Wars. This planet contains two moons. The Galactic Empire occupied this planet with the help of its troops. The word Mandalorian was first introduced in the year of 1983.
The people of this planet used to wear their established armor. This Armor is known as Mandalorian Armor. The cruel past of Mandalorians made them an image of fear. These armors are made from one of the strongest fictitious metals named Beskar. They had worn the Mandalorian helmet in so many biggest battles. Tarre Vizsla was the first Mandalorian in the Star Wars film series.
In the Star Wars galaxy, the ideal helmet in the Black series is the Mandalorian Helmet. If you are a Star Wars collector, it is one of the most popular and precious items for you, and you indeed have a star wars collection. You can make your Mandalorian helmet.
For many Star Wars fans making a Mandalorian Helmet or Armor is not just a costume or weapon. It is more than that. You can use it as a Mandalorian costume, display it in your home, or wear it at a fancy dress competition. While creating, they indeed imagine scenes that make them more excited. By making this, they are inspiring their fans.
- Mandalorian has exquisite features like a scanner for body heat and footsteps detection. Mandalorian Armor has become an inspiration for all artists. The significant part of the Mandalorian Helmet is that it has a zoom lens function.
- Star Wars devotees love the features of the Mandalorian Helmet. The star wars fan can conceptualize the most significant battles and wars with Black series roleplay items like the Helmet, Armor, and weapons. The helmet contains a removable tactical light. A rangefinder is also a feature attached to the antenna of the Mandalorian Helmet.
- The construction of Mandalorian helmets, there are different ways. You can construct it within a budget. To build a Mandalorian helmet, you can see various materials, construction methods, and sizing tips below.
- Many people want to buy a Mandalorian helmet from a quality helmet vendor at a reasonable cost. On the other hand, 3d printers are cheaper, but their quality varies greatly, and you will also have to deal with the different visible print lines.
- You can use ABS helmets because they are less cost-effective. You can also consider the Star Wars The Black Series elements if you only want to display them on shelves or do not want to make any changes for MMCC (Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club ) approval.
- The proper size of the helmet is a bit tricky because you can not try them on. Suppose you wear glasses because the construction of a Mandalorian helmet needs elaborate work. In complete costume, it tends to look better proportioned. For the shoulder, do not forget to measure your shoulder. You can add padding to the interior surface.
- If you want to create your Mandalorian Helmet, there is a website named Mandocreator. You can take help from this site while making the Mandalorian Helmet.
A picture by Agnieszka Kowalczyk, Unsplash, Copyright-2021As we know, the most expensive and heavy part of the costume is the Mandalorian helmet. The helmet vendors vary significantly according to customer service and the quality of the products. If you are thinking of buying a Mandalorian Mercs Costume, you have to find those people in the MMCC forum for vendors.
The main parts of the helmets are-
How to Make Mandalorian Helmet
Helmet Paper Templates
- Take a PVC board and start the process of making a Mandalorian helmet. You must have heard about helmet paper templates because, without the templates, it is tough to make a Mandalorian helmet. Just print the helmet templates. If you cannot find the templates, you can also make your template and print them off.
- You can easily find templates of every size, even for kids ages between 8 years to 16 years. If you want to create your costume, you can try different shapes and sizes. It just needs an adjustable fit if it is not of your size adjustable fit. If you want the perfect size take a paper and measure the size from that paper and test it on your head.
- Suppose you want the templates like the style Din Djarin or Bo Katan Kryze Mandalorian Helmet. You have to make it by yourself because it is not available online. Do not forget to cut the template pieces if you have done the paperwork. Check the size and space of the template correctly. It can be a bit frustrating, but at last, you will love how much you have done to construct the Mandalorian helmet.
- You can use your Mandalorian helmet after tapping or pinning it from the top. If you want a perfect fit, try that template and mark the areas with a pencil that needs to be more trimmed. If you are confused about the fitting, it will be better to take advice from someone.
Cutting Helmet Plates
- Before cutting the plates, choose the thickness of the material you will use. You can generally use 3mm to 6mm measurement, but beginners should choose 3mm because it will be easy for them when cutting. You can select 6mm for extra durability.
- For adhesion, sand or score plastic and clamp together overnight. Some people find E6000 glue and epoxy glue easy for adhesion because it sets in seconds.
- On the PVC foam board, trace your pieces. To create a medium-class Mandalorian helmet, you need a foam board of size 2×4feet.
- You can make a cheap and pretty Mandalorian costume with the help of a Sintra board instead of using a 3d printer. After cutting the foam board pieces for the smooth edges, you must use sandpaper. Do not forget to buy extra sheets because there is only a 5 percent to 10 percent chance that you will make it at once.
Shaping of Mandalorian Helmet
- You can easily shape a Sintra foam with the help of a heat gun. Instead of a heat gun, you can even use boiling water. Place the Armor plates on the large pot of hot water until the armors are pliable enough to shape.
- Before start shaping, keep your equipment ready. Do not forget to wear gloves before heating the plates, as they can burn your hands if you want smooth end-use PVC pipes, food jars, etc. Put your heat gun on the exact area you want to shape. To smooth out any remaining area or edge, use fine grit like 320 Sandpaper.
Painting Mandalorian Helmet
You can easily trace your templates and cut them out to fit them on your body. You heatedly shaped them and decided on an attachment method. Now the next step is to paint your Mandalorian helmet to make it more attractive. During painting the outside of the helmet, make sure to fill inside the helmet with some paper or something so that the color will not go to the interior part. Just paint the helmet with a thin layer multiple times for better results.
Things to Consider During Painting
The quality of the thing which is high in cost does not need to be also good. Not only quality and price is essential, but availability is essential too. Make sure that you have enough paint colors to paint the Mandalorian helmet.
To work with chrome spray paint could be challenging, but on the other hand, shiny Armor looks impressive. To get an almost glass-like surface, you need to wet every grit between each coat of paint. You can see small parts of dust clearly after using Chrome spray paint. You need an airbrush for colors like Alclad or Spaz Stix chrome spray.
Padding of Mandalorian Helmet
To cut down some mild issues, you have to paint the interior part black color. Do not forget to do the internal padding so that there is no pricking while wearing the helmet. You can add padding by yourself with soft foam.
After padding, you can add some of the electronics like a Bluetooth mic and tactic lights in the helmet’s interior for the features, and after adding, you can add some soft foam to hide it. You can even use a suspension liner. If this Mandalorian Helmet is for exhibition and not for personal use, you can also make a display stand.
- The final results can affect many variables, even if you are using spray paints. The results can be affected if the temperature is too cold, too hot. Another primary concern is the landing of dust and bugs on your fresh paint that can also affect. Your paint job can also come to affect by the nozzle or spray gun pressure.
- Try to avoid different brands of spray paints. Maybe they are the same colors, but it is unnecessary that both the spray of other brands contains the same properties and do not interact together. You can reduce the dust by applying lacquer paint because they dry quickly.
- Before painting, read the instructions carefully written behind the spray paint container. After painting, you have to do recoating, and it needs special attention. These are the things to keep in mind and plan for. Practice on some scribe to get some experience before you use spray paint. Some skill painting needs more attention and patience. You will be surprised by seeing the realistic detail which you do.
More About Mandalorian Helmet
- Most of the Bounty Hunters decided to destroy the rules and regulations of Mandalorian by putting off their helmets. The only reason behind the popularity of Boba Fett‘s Helmet is the T-visored mask. It is the most common design which you will find in every Mandalorian Helmet. Clone Armor is related to Mandalorian’s Armor because the clones were produced through the DNA of Jango Fett.
- There is so much similarity between the Mandalorian Armor and clone armor as they have the same T-visored mask, antenna, etc. The most famous weapon is Darksaber which was robbed from Jedi.
- The gun has an antique design, making it more attractive. Mandalorian Helmet contains HUD(Heads-up display), representing the user information, Maps, and other information. Not every type of Mandalorian Helmet has this feature.
- There are different colors of Mandalorian armors. Each color depicts different meanings. Red Mandalorian Armor depicts Honoring elders, Black Mandalorian Armor shows Justice, Gray Mandalorian Armor illustrates Mourning of a lost close one, Orange Mandalorian Armor Depicts Greed for life, and Gold Mandalorian Armor depicts Revenge.
- A female Mandalorian costume is complicated to make. In Mandalorian Armor, there is a pair of vambraces for the forearms. Each vambrace has a different design. The most important thing while making this is to make it comfortable to wear.
Mandalorian Helmet is not the only kind of helmet. It has many types like Elite, Executioner, Hunter, stalker, shock trooper, etc. Maximum fans use Armor because they have seen their favorite character in those Armors. Some of the characters in Star Wars have designed their Armor exquisitely and mutated a bit too.
Try to make this Mandalorian Helmet on your own terms and improve your creativity. So, instead of buying, read our step-by-step guide and make a Mandalorian Helmet yourself. After completing this, you will realize that your hard work is valid.