A quick guide concerning the most asked question, can you screen record on Mac.
Can you screen record on Mac? Well, the answer is a yes. If you are wondering how? Then you are at the right place. This article will let you know more about screen recording on your Mac.
Screen recording is very useful, and it has its advantages. Whenever you listen to demos, lectures, or any instructional videos, you want to record your screen. However, if you are using a Mac, you might be confused if you could screen record the content you are watching. The answer to your question is yes!
But before that, lets address a few things.
Why do we need the screen recording option on Mac?
1. Professional and business purposes
Screen recording is essential for business and professional uses. Screen recording comes in handy when you want to record important meetings, training sessions, presentations, and other informational resources. So having a good knowledge of screen records, especially on Mac, can be considered crucial.
2. Other casual purposes
Screen recording might be necessary for teachers to create online content in the educational field. It is also needed in the content marketing and content-creation field. It is used by bloggers, social media influencers, and You-Tubers on a very regular basis. Apart from all these professional requirements, we might also need the screen record option for day-to-day activities. Maybe to record any on-screen activity or non-downloadable content, video recording is vital.
So now that we know the potential uses of screen recording let us dive right in and understand how to do it on Mac’s screen.
How to record the screen on a Mac?
Can you screen record on Mac? This is a very common question that arises among people. There are two methods to record the screen on a Mac. You can either use the screenshot option or the QuickTime player to start recording on your Mac. You can record the entire screen or just a selected portion of your Mac screen.
1. Using the screenshot toolbar
In this method, we use the screenshot option to start recording. The first step here is to view your screenshot toolbar and record the video. To view the screenshot toolbar, you must press the shift, Command, and 5 keys together. Once you do this, you will have three options and controls. You can record the entire screen, record a selected portion of the screen, and also capture a still image of your screen.
Using the above options, you can take screen recordings of whatever you want in the snap of a finger.
2. Using the QuickTime player
The QuickTime player is the following method that will help you make screen recordings on your Mac computer screen. Follow the below steps that will help you record video on your mac screen:
- The first step involves opening the QuickTime player app. You can also open it from the QuickTime player application folder. Then you must click on an option called Choose file, which will be on the New screen recording from the menu bar.
- Now you can start recording. However, before doing this, you must not forget another thing. If you want to change the recording settings, you can click the arrow next to the record button.
- Another interesting thing is recording your voice or another audio you want with the screen recording window. To do that you must choose a microphone. There will be a volume slider that will help you adjust and monitor the audio during recording. This is the way to record audio.
- If you want a black circle around your pointer, you must choose to show mouse clicks in the recording option.
- Now you are all set to record your audio. To start recording, you must do one of the following things:
- You can click anywhere on the screen to start recording the entire screen.
- If you want to record a selected portion of your screen, you must drag to select the area you want to record.
- Once you are done with the recording, you can click the stop button in the menu bar. Another alternative is to press the command-control-esc key.
- If you have finished recording, click on stop Recording. After you have finished recording, QuickTime Player automatically opens the recording for you. You now have the option of playing, editing, or sharing the recorded video.
The procedure for the older mac version also remains the same.
3. Using the MacOS Mojave or Catalina
- To open the screenshots, you must use the combination of command, shift, and 5. These keys will open the screenshot.
- When you do this, a control bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- This method also provides you with two options. You can record the entire screen or record only a portion of it.
- There will be a button rectangular in shape with a solid outline. This will help you record the entire screen.
- Another rectangular button with a dotted line will only record the desired section of your screen.
- If you are ready to record, you must click on the “record” button.
- If you are done with the recording, you can click on the stop icon or stop button from stopping the recording.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Can you screen record on Mac?
Yes, it is certainly possible to record your screen on the Mac. There are specific methods you must follow while doing this. The above article is the ultimate guide on how to record your screen on Mac.
2. Is the screenshot toolbar available in macOS Mojave or later?
Yes, the screenshot toolbar is available in macOS Mojave or later.
3. How to cancel a recording?
To cancel a recording, you must press the Esc key before you start recording.
4. What are the modes through which we can open our screen recordings?
A few options will allow you to open your screen recordings. They are iMovie, QuickTime Player, and a few other apps. Along with this, they also allow you to share and edit the videos.
So, this is all on how you can record a screen on Mac. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Leave a Reply