About YouTube TV
What is YouTube TV? How does it work? How it’s different from traditional satellite and cable television and then just going off the pros and cons of this particular service. Read along to know, How to cancel YouTube TV.
YouTube TV was launched by google under YouTube and lets you stream services from major broadcasts and popular cable networks, making a good reason to learn How to Cancel YouTube TV.
YouTube TV Wide Functionality
Record all of your favorites without storage limits. You can watch the shows or series that used to air on your TV. So you will limit a DVR and stream wherever you go, inside or outside your home.
On your mobile devices, as well as your tablets, iPads your computer, they also do have some options for you to stream through your television. Still, they’re a little bit more limited, and I hope tube TV consistently adds more devices because right now, that is one of their shortcomings.
YouTube TV Subscription
Wandering How to Cancel YouTube TV?
- They’re not available on various devices you could hook into your television. So basically, you’ll get about 40 to 50 channels for $35 a month.
- There’s only one package available. There’s no tier system like you get over at PlayStation, Viewer, DirecTV, now, or some of the other different providers.
Options you have with sling TV are just that base $35 a month and what you see is what you get.
- Generally, with YouTube, TV does a good job of getting access to several local channels and your regional sports network.
- Still, the downside here, in comparison to their competition, is they don’t have access to a lot of very popular viral you can see which channels here are available.
- But to note some of the glaring weaknesses, they don’t have things like TBS, TNT, CNN, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Travel Channel, HGTV, and History Channel.
- I mean, this is a pretty long list of popular channels that you would expect to get. They have the ESPN channels, ABC, and Disney well as AMCs, the very popular NBC, CBS Sports, Fox Sports Network, and Fox channels, so generally a good selection of sports content.
- However, you also aren’t getting the NFL Network or NBA TV or the MLB Network, but you know, just looking at this package, you get some channels.
- Here, from the different categories such as news channels, entertainment, drama, and kids channels, it’s just not that whole encompassing package you would generally get with some of their competitors.
- In this particular space, I think that DirecTV, Now sling TV, PlayStation, and ion View generally do a better job of having complete access to all the channels people generally want from traditional live streaming services.
YouTube TV App
Comparing it to traditional satellite and cable television is a fraction of the cost. This is, you know, especially if you have a ton of channels and renting those cable or satellite boxes that you hook up in your house or all the different added-on fees.
You’ll probably be spending less than half on what those traditional services cost, but the downside is consuming quite a bit of content compared to those. Also, some positives here are there’s no contract.
Satellite or Cable TV Providers
You are not bound to use the service forever, and you don’t have to have the satellite or cable TV providers send someone to your house to install the equipment. Run those coax cables throughout your house, or don’t have that big issue if you want to cancel your subscription.
You have to jump-pass all hoops with traditional satellite and cable television that’s not here. You go online, cancel your service, and that’s the end.
Positives of YouTube TV
- You can turn the subscription back on whenever you want in the future.
- You don’t have to call up or get people to install anything as soon as you pay YouTube up that subscription, you’re going to have access to it again.
- So much more ease of use with these particular online streaming services in terms of not having the contract and not having the companies having to come to your house and install a bunch of equipment.
- The price point is a huge positive.
Negatives of YouTube TV
With these particular internet TV streaming services, to loosely compare the pros and cons to you know- PlayStation view, DirecTV Now, and sling TV.
- The positives here are the fact that you get unlimited DVR.
- You can have six different login accounts on the same subscription, and getting three streams for that $35 a month cost is pretty generous over at Play station view. You can get up to five simultaneously and sling the TV.
- If you get their orange and blue package together, it is four streams simultaneously, then DirecTV.
- Now is two streams at the same time, so you can get a sense that it’s kind of about in the middle in terms of the number of concurrent streams that you can watch on YouTube TV is the ideal, low-cost skinny bundle for most people who are looking to cut the cord.
Cost and Trial
Canceling YouTube TV is a painless process that only takes a few minutes. However, whether you’re still in the free trial period or if you’re a paying YouTube TV customer, you can cancel the service at any time if you don’t feel like it’s right for you. When you cancel YouTube TV, you’ll still have access to the service until your free trial expires or you reach the end of the billing period you’ve paid through.
Steps to Cancel YouTube TV Membership
So, here’s how to Cancel YouTube TV.
Step 1. Open your web browser, and navigate to tv.youtube.com.
Step 2. On the upper right corner of the screen, click your profile icon. When the drop-down menu appears, click on the cancellation option.
Step 3. On the left side of the screen, select the type of membership. You will be able to see the membership option on the right-hand side.
Step 4. Now, deactivate the membership on the lower left corner. The Deactivate Membership window appears.
Step 5. Click “Cancel Membership” in the list of options. The ‘Why Are You Cancelling YouTube TV?’ Screen appears.
Step 6. Select the reason for canceling the subscription. Click on OK.
Step 7. Click the “Cancel YouTube TV” button. You’ll be returned to the YouTube Settings screen, and a note along the bottom of the screen reiterates when your YouTube TV membership will be canceled.
Now, It has been a super user-friendly experience on YouTube and anyone with a bit of knowledge can cancel their subscription.
Also check: How to update apps on android.