As someone who has recently moved to a new city or even as an old resident, finding your way around the city can be challenging. This is where the Google maps app comes in handy for any and all people that need it. Here we’ll show you how to change home address on google maps.
The feature of adding a home address(and work address) on google maps adds to the convenience of an already very useful app. If you don’t want to go through the trouble of typing in your address repeatedly, you should save your home or work route on this app. When you move, changing the home address on google maps helps you quickly find directions home.
1. How To Add A Home Address in Google Maps on An Android Phone And iPhone
- Open the google maps app.
- Find the “Saved” tab in the bottom menu.
- On the ‘Saved’ screen, select “Home.”
- You can enter your address by typing it in, choosing from the map, or your current location. If choosing from the map, drag the pin to your home address, then tap Save at the bottom of your screen.
Once your Home address is set, it’ll appear at the top of the Saved screen.
2. How To Change Home Address on Google Maps
You can change your home address on google maps by using your phone or your computer
2.1) How To Change Home Address on Google Maps on An Android Phone And iPhone
- Open google maps on your mobile device, and ensure it’s updated. This is how to update apps on android
- At the bottom of your screen, you’ll find the “Saved tab” among the menu options. Open it.
- On the “Saved” screen, scroll to the bottom and find the “Your Lists” section.
- Click on “Labelled.” This screen contains a list of all your labeled places.
- Tap on the three dots next to “Home.”
- Select ” Edit home” from the dropdown menu.
- Here, you can enter your new home address by typing it in, finding your location from the map, or choosing your current location. If choosing from the map, drag the pin to your home location, then tap Save at the bottom of your screen.
This is how to change your home address on google maps using your mobile phone.
This can be done for your work addresses too.
2.2) How To Change Address on Google Maps For Your Computer
- Open Google maps in your preferred browser.
- Sign-in to google maps with your google account.
- Go to the search bar in the top left corner of your screen.
- Type in “home” in the search bar but don’t press Enter.
- Select the “EDIT” option, backspace the current address, and enter your new home address. After that, click “Save.”
This is how to change your home address on google maps using your computer.
3. More interesting Features Of Google Maps
Google maps make it very convenient for a user to find their way around a city, showing not only the estimated travel duration but also allowing us to book cabs Ola/Uber cabs straight from the app and will also display the estimated amount. In addition, it will also show us the estimated travel duration for other modes of transport, such as a two-wheeler; it will also display recommended public transport routes to reach your destination safely and on time. It also has a host of other very useful features. These include:
3.1) How To Pin Your Route To Home Or Work
- On your android or apple device, open the Google Maps app.
- Tap on Directions
- Set your preferred mode of transportation
- Tap on Home or Work
- Tap on the Pin icon at the bottom of the screen
Your pinned routes can now be seen on the Go tab with ETA with information on the traffic on that route.
3.2) Hide Your Regular Route
You can also hide your regular route in Google Maps. If your Location History is turned on, your device might show the usual way home or work. Hiding your regular route might help with this.
- Firstly, you must go to your profile, for which you can tap on your profile picture > Settings > Personal content.
- To turn off Regular Routes, to hide routes.
3.3) How To Pick Your Favorite Icon Your Home Route
- On your android or apple device, open the Google Maps app
- Tap on the saved icon > Your lists > Labeled
- Tap on More next to Home or Work > Change icon
- Choose a new icon for Home or Work
- Tap on Save
Changing your home location on one device will save it across all devices using your Google account.
Turn on Web & App Activity to use a home or work route when you search for directions.
4. Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I add more than one home location?
A: No, you can add only one default home location, but you can save other preferred addresses with any custom name you want.
Q: What happens if I don’t have an internet connection and need to use Google maps?
A: You can download maps of the places you want, but it won’t display the traffic data.
Q: Can I create my lists of places I want to save?
A: You can create as many custom lists as you need.
Q: Who can see my lists?
A: If your lists are set to private, Only you or people with access to your google account can see your lists.
Q: Can I share my lists?
A: You can share your lists by clicking on the three dots next to your list and selecting the “Share List” option.
Q: What are the default lists available in Google maps?
A: By default, you have four lists. They are: “Favourites,” “Travel Plans,” “Want to go,” “Starred Places,” and your home and work addresses under the labeled section
This article will be helpful for any and everyone that wants to acquaint themselves better with google maps and, as a result, would help them acquaint themselves with their city better, even if its a stranger in a new city or a resident looking to remind themselves why they’re in the city in the first place.