Find out how to change Twitter password to get immediate access to your Twitter account. In this age of data, it is quite natural for some of us to forget passwords for various social media sites.
What if you wish to share a great thought you recently read on your Twitter account, and you find that you entered an incorrect twitter password? Or what if you suspect any malicious activity and, you as an alert user, wish to change your current password? No worries. There are multiple ways to reset your forgotten password.
How To Change Twitter Password If You Have Forgotten Your Old Password
You can easily reset your password by visiting the website or by using mobile apps. All you need is to remember the account’s username to change your password or access the email address used to create the account. Find out how to change Twitter password below in case you’ve forgotten one.
Follow these steps to reset your Twitter password
- Go to the sign-in page of twitter mobile site twitter.com if you are using a web browser on your phone (ios or iPhone ) or Twitter website on the computer. If you are using the Twitter mobile app, then the sign-in page appears automatically.
- Tap Forgot password below the sign-in.
- For this step, you need to ensure that you remember at least one of these: your email id that you used to create your Twitter account, your phone number, or the Twitter username. After you click Forgot password, you will get prompted to enter one of these to identify your account.
- Click Search.
- The account associated with the information mentioned above will get identified. In case of the same phone number used for multiple accounts, try using the email address.
- Then, you will be asked if you wish to send an email to the linked email address to send the password reset email. Click next if you have access to that email. If you do not have access, follow the steps given after these.
- Do not close the current page. Open your email inbox to check the text message containing the password reset email. Wait for a while.
- Check the email and copy the code given in it or remember it. If you are receiving tons of password reset emails without any request, you can secure your account by clicking the secure account link given in this email, which will redirect you to log in and then the settings page.
- Come back to the Twitter page and enter that code.
- Tap verify.
- A new window will appear with the name Reset your password.
- Enter your new password.
- Confirm the new password again by entering it in the address bar below.
- Click Save.
- After saving the new password, you will be logged out of all your active twitter sessions, including your current device, and need to log in again with the new password.
If you do not have access to the email account linked with your account, tap I don’t have access to this information on the window in step 6.
After getting redirected to a page, follow the given instructions
- Choose I forgot my password in the field ‘Please tell us more.’
- Choose whether you have signed up for the Twitter account using the email address or mobile.
- Then enter your username for the identification of your account.
- Enter the new email address where the emails containing the password link can be delivered.
- You can also describe your problem in the box given below.
- Click submit.
- A text message email is delivered to your new email address. Then your account will be verified using two-factor authentication, after which you will be redirected to enter your new password and confirm it. After the password reset, the new email address gets linked to your Twitter account, and you will be logged out of all the current sessions.
How To Change Twitter Password If You Remember The Old Password
You can change your Twitter password from your current password to a new password from the Twitter mobile app or Twitter website. Find out how to change Twitter password if you remember the current password below:
How to change Twitter password from the Twitter app
An android app or iOS version of the Twitter app is available to use on a mobile phone. If you use any of these, follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Twitter app.
- If you are already logged in, click on your profile picture to the left side. Otherwise, proceed to log in
- A vertical menu will appear.
- Select Settings and privacy to check the account settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Password under Login and security in the menu.
- A new screen appears, wherein you will be asked to enter your current password.
- Then enter a new password.
- Confirm the new password.
- Tap update password to change Twitter password.
How to change Twitter password from Twitter Website on a mobile
How to change Twitter password from the website is a question the answer to, which is similar to changing it from the mobile app. You can use the settings and privacy option to reset your Twitter password by making sure you enter your current password. Find out more about how to change Twitter password on a mobile website.
Follow the steps given below
- Launch the web browser on your mobile.
- Visit the Twitter site to change the Twitter password.
- Log in using your current profile.
- Tap your profile image on the right-hand side corner to open a menu.
- Select Settings and Privacy in the menu.
- After clicking on settings on privacy, click the account option.
- Tap change your password.
- Now on the new screen, enter your current password.
- Enter the new password that you wish to reset.
- Confirm the new password.
- Click save password.
- The new password is set. You need to log in again to your account using the newly set Twitter password. Any other device on which the profile is active using the current password will be signed out too.
How Often Should I Change The Password
It is recommended to change your Twitter password every 6- 9 months to keep your account secure from any kinds of threats.
Why Should I Change My Twitter Password More Often
It is recommended to change your password for social media sites after a while for security reasons. Furthermore, if you have lost or forgotten the password for your Twitter account, you might get locked out of the current trends for a while. Following the above instructions will help you change your password to use your Twitter profile more securely and efficiently.
Suggested reading: What is Omegle