A complete guide on how to delete a Facebook group
- Facebook has been one of the most used social networking sites. Since 2004, it has been used by millions of users for posting a comment, sharing photographs and essential updates, posting news links, chatting live, and watching videos.
- Apart from this, Facebook has also played an essential role in business promotion. Users can quickly upload photos and videos of their products or services to this site. As a result, their customers may view all of their products from the convenience of their own homes. It is a highly effective means of interacting with customers.
- In 2010, Facebook expanded its efforts to assist business people by introducing the group tool. Users can quickly form a group and then invite others to the group.
- They can upload images and videos, comment on any post, view other members’ comments, view the news feeds of other members, stream live videos, add or remove members, and connect with other members via group chat. Users can be a member of many groups at the same time.
As a result, Facebook groups allow like-minded people to stay in touch with one another.
- A Facebook page and a group are not the same thing. Facebook Pages are business profiles for corporations, organizations, and public people. Their goal is to establish a connection with their target audience/community.
- Facebook Groups are designed to bring people together around a shared interest. Their goal is to provide a platform for people to interact with one another.
We’ll go through how to create a Facebook group, how to remove a group, how to pause a group, and how to leave a group in this article.
First, let’s see how to create an engaging group on Facebook.
Steps to Create a Facebook group
1) In the top-right corner of Facebook, tap the menu icon. Choose Groups option.
2) Locate the Groups icon on the left panel of your Facebook account.
3) Tap the “Create new group” option.
4) Enter the Group name, define the privacy as Public (anyone can see who’s in the group and their posts) or Private (only the members can see who’s in the group and their posts).
5) Select the visibility as Visible (anyone can find the group and request to join) or Hidden (only the invited members will be able to join).
6) The final step is to invite a friend and select members. This isn’t required, but it’s a nice place to start.
7) Your group will be created after you click Create.
8) Click the member’s option from the group page to see all of the group’s members.
Now let’s see how to delete a Facebook group.
How to delete a Facebook group using desktop
- Facebook groups can be helpful and fun for various reasons, from gathering with your classmates and friends to sharing personal experiences and theories with people of similar thoughts to job hunting and business. However, all beautiful things must come to an end at some point.
- When you’re ready to quit a group you started, whether it’s because it turned into something you didn’t plan for it to be or because you simply don’t use it anymore, you’ll want to delete it.
- Before you delete a Facebook group, consider a few things. Deleting a Facebook group is a permanent action or irreversible action. It will delete posts of all group members. You can delete the Facebook group only if you are the original creator of the Facebook group or the creator left. When you delete a group, its members won’t receive notifications.
If the original creator chooses to delete the group, follow the steps.
- On your Facebook home page, also known as the News Feed, tap” Groups” from the left-hand side menu. Under the “Groups you manage” section, you’ll see a list of all the groups you’ve created. Choose the group that needs to be eliminated.
- Click “See More” to reveal the option if Groups isn’t visible. Then locate and select the group you want to delete.
- A group must be empty before it may be deleted. So, once you’ve located the group, you want to delete, touch “Members” beneath its name. You’ll be able to see all of the group members. Next to each member’s name, select “Remove member” from the “More” option, then “Confirm.”
- You must remove every member of the group individually. Deleting a Facebook group will be time-consuming, especially for larger groups.
- After you’ve eliminated all the other members, make sure to delete yourself. Next to your name, select “Leave group.” Select Leave and Delete to confirm and delete the group from Facebook. This will delete your Facebook group.
- This is not feasible if the original creator leaves the group, but the admin removes the Facebook group. He can’t delete the Facebook group, but he can archive it so that any new members can join it.
How to delete a Facebook group using the mobile app
- To delete a group, the Facebook mobile app can also be used. It is also an easy process. Follow these steps to delete a group in the Facebook app.
- On your phone, open the Facebook app. Then pick “Groups” from the “Menu” tab.
- To see all of your groups, select “See All” next to “Your Groups,” then “See All” again beneath “Groups you Manage.”
- Open the group you wish to get rid of.
- To see all the group members, tap on the group’s name and then “See All.”
- To remove members from the group, tap on the three dots next to their name and select “Remove Member” next to each member’s name. Click “Confirm.”
- After everyone else has been removed from the group, tap on your name and select “Leave Group.” Facebook will display a confirmation message that the group will be deleted once you leave the group. Select “Leave and Delete” to delete the group from Facebook.
- This will permanently delete your Facebook group.
How to delete a Facebook group using the smartphone app’s newer groups:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Select the “Groups” option.
- Choose the group to be deleted.
- To access options, tap the shield icon button.
- Select the “Delete Group” option.
- Now, the group will be permanently deleted.
Pause a Facebook group using a web browser:
Rather than deleting the group, we also can pause the Facebook group.
When you pause a Facebook group, you will no longer add new members or post. Aside from changing the cover photo, admins have no other options. They do, however, can remove content. People can also see their posts.
- Visit Facebook.
- Log into your account.
- Select “Groups” from the left-hand menu.
- Select the group you want to archive from the “Groups You Manage” section.
- Above the “About” section, click the three dots button.
- Choose the “Pause group” option.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
Using the Facebook app on a smartphone to pause a Facebook group:
- For deleting a Facebook group on a smartphone,
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Select the “Groups” option.
- Choose your groups.
- Enter the group you’d want to pause.
- To access options, tap the shield admin button.
- Select “Pause Group.”
- If the group admin needs to delete a group but the group owner hasn’t left, then the admin can archive the group so that new members can’t be added.
How group members can leave group using desktop
As group members other than the group creator and the group admin cannot delete a group, they can instead choose to leave a group in which they are no longer interested.
- To begin, log in to your Facebook account. Locate the group you wish to leave.
- If you remember the group’s name, type it in the search bar, go to the home page’s left menu, and tap the “Groups” option.
- Then, scroll down until you find the group you wish to leave and click leave group on the left menu.
- A window will appear, asking if you’re sure. Click on the “Leave Group” option and confirm. You may also select the option to block individuals from adding you to the group again in the future from that window.
- You’re no longer a member of that group.
How to Leave a Facebook Group on Mobile?
If you’d instead leave a group using your Facebook app, follow these steps:
- You’ll need to locate the group once more, which you may do with a search. Alternatively, you can select “Groups” by tapping the three lines in the top right corner of the home screen.
- Select Your Groups from the drop-down menu and scroll down until you find the group you want to leave.
- Tap the three dots on the top right of the screen in the group to bring up a popup menu at the bottom.
- Press the “Leave Group” button twice.
Facebook is a huge community with million of users and it is very easy and time saving process to create or leave a group. I hope you enjoyed reading this article, do follow these related article: