About Daft Punk
- Daft Punk was a French music duo in 1993. The duo used helmets to cover their face to avoid being taken pictures of or recorded in any way. Since Daft Punk was quite popular for their music and received many awards, naturally their style became a trend pretty soon.
- The duo started wearing these robotic helmets in 2001 as their appearance. Later they came to be known as Daft Punk helmet. The helmets were designed by Paul Hahn, from their production company Daft arts as well as Alex and Martin.
- Though the helmets were designed by professionals, they are available online. The versions available online might not be authentic but they reflect the original piece quite well. If you are unable to find them online, you can always make one at home.
- There are many tutorials available online that teach people how to make daft punk helmets. The best thing about making it at home is that you can customize it as you want.
- There are many tutorials available out there but learn how to make a Daft Punk helmet easily with this article. Before learning how to make it, lets a learn a little bit about the Daft Punk helmet.
History Of Daft Punk Helmet
- The name “Daft Punk” evolved with the musical duo of two artists, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter. This duo was formed in France in 1993. Known for their contribution in the dance music, the duo soon earned popularity with their unique music.
- At the beginning of their career, the duo would usually wear masks or black bags to avoid paparazzi. In a move to protect their privacy the duo neither got photographed nor spoke in front of the camera.
- The duo achieved massive success by 2001 and to improve their appearance for performances, they started wearing helmets and gloves. Now known as Daft Punk helmets. The helmets were designed by Paul Hahn, Alex, and Martin. The helmets were improvised with LED by Tony Gardener and Alterian, Inc.
How To Make A Daft Punk Helmet
Step 1: Gathering Requirement
Gather the items required for making a daft punk helmet. All the requirements are mentioned below. Since all these items are required, gather all the items before beginning. You can purchase them from cosplay costumes.
Make a note of subsequent items you may need to create a daft punk helmet.
- A motorbike helmet.
- Printable masks templates found online.
- 5 sheets of card-stock.
- Glue gun
- Small timber sticks or coat hangers.
- Cans of soda (2).
- Sheets of silver vinyl.
- Programmable LED belt buckle.
- A clear plastic sheet.
- Spray-on window tint.
You can find the list of items mentioned above at the Cosplay Costumes store. Carry the images of materials you want for reference purposes. Once you head into the store you can get the materials required for making a daft punk helmet.
Step 2: Preparing The Helmet
- Remove all the unnecessary items on your helmet. The outer body of the helmet must look smooth and uniform.
- Remove any extra items present on the outer body or edges of the helmet.
- Depending on what sort of helmet you have offered you can take away the extra parts. These are probably black liners, stickers, or molding.
Step 3: Tracing
- Get printouts of the mask templates. If you do not want to create your templates for the front part of your masks then you can download the templates available online and print them out.
- These templates will make sure that your mask’s face is the right length. You can trace these templates on your card- stock. Cut the traced parts and glue them to your respective helmet part.
- Soda cans will be used in place of ears, so you don’t need to download the ear templates.
Step 4: Assembling
- Assemble and glue the paper masks cutouts to the helmet. Once you have traced the masks templates out on your card inventory. You should cut them out, shape them, and then glue them on your masks. Doing this can shape the face of your masks.
- You can connect timber sticks or twine for help. Craft foam also can be used for painting properly. Apply any support required to the lower back or inner of the masks.
Step 5: Silver Vinyl On Your Helmet
- Cut the sheets of silver vinyl to form the masks. Now you have your shape of the face on the helmet and you just need to cut them in both the alternative sheets/vinyl.
- This will shape up the paper texture and provide your masks with a glittery steel look. Cut the replicate sheets or vinyl to the sizes of your mask’s face and glue them on and finish the look.
- You can spray-paint on the entire mask first with steel silver paint. After spraying the masks you can observe the silver steel vinyl.
Step 6: Attaching Cans
- To attach the ears onto your daft punk helmet. Cut soda cans in 1/2, you can spray paint them or glue silver vinyl on the cans.
- Once finished with the silver look of the cans and fix them with glue. The component you’ll be attaching to your masks is the lowest part of the soda cans. Attach one of the soda can bottoms on either side of the masks with glue.
- If there is any picture on it you can paint them together with silver paint or silver vinyl.
- The cans may be connected at the ears of the masks on the region where Bangalter’s are located.
Step 7: Cutting time
- Cut out and tint the clear plastic visor. Now that your mask’s body is whole it is time to construct the visor.
- Take a clean plastic sheet and cut it into the dimensions that you want to reflect on your masks.
- Once you have used the vinyl, you can use tint-spray to finish the visor.
- Leave about 1/2” of material so that you can glue it to the internal regions of the mask later on.
- After the visor has been cut out and dried you should connect it to your masks. You need to attach it to the inner region of your masks by using a glue gun or adhesive.
- The visor is connected at the inner of your masks. Apply adhesive inside the masks and stick the visor to the inner of the masks by using a glue gun/glue.
- Putting the visor at the inner of your helmet will give strength and aces will be smoothened. This will give the finished look to your helmet.
Step 9: Programming time
- Program your LED belt buckle. Before you install the LED system, you should program software for it.
- Programming your LED belt buckle will help you listen to the music you need while your mask is being worn.
- Each LED belt buckle will include its personal programming instructions. Many LED belt buckles will permit some of the phrases to be programmed into them.
- Attach the LED belt buckle to the visor. The final step in finishing your helmet is to connect the LED belt buckle to your visor.
- Tape the LED belt buckle to the inner middle of your visor. This will permit any programmed textual content or photos to be visible through the visor, finishing your Daft Punk helmet.
- Put your helmet on and evaluate the way it looks and works. You must be seeing the LEDs through the front of the visor. There should not be any delay through the LED buckle.
- Make any modifications you possibly want to. Turn out your brains into robots and prepare a daft punk helmet.
- Be patient while constructing the helmet.
- Purchase materials from cosplay costumes for a better experience.
- Measure your head to ensure your mask is the proper size.
- When you perform applying hot glue, be careful.
- Be calm and composed while cutting the materials.
This is a great tutorial for LED belt buckle daft punk helmets. There are many tutorials available online. You can easily make any size helmet, customized with your design or features.
Everyone can try out the above-mentioned method and prepare a quality daft punk helmet. Don’t miss out on this arrived opportunity.
For more articles, visit our website Icy Tech.