If you have an essential Google meet coming up and want to record it for the keep. And wondering about ‘How to record a google meet’, this article is for you. You can directly save your recording into Google drive and share the recording link.
In the past year, Google has released some additional features with google meet. Obviously, with a lot more users on the platform, I think they realized they needed some additional features. Let’s talk about how to use google meet.
- You do not need a google account to use google meet. You need a google account if you want to start or host a meeting. It is really easy to start a meeting within your Gmail account.
- So on the left-hand side, it says new meeting or joins a meeting. So just going to click on new meetings so. You can also easily schedule a meeting within your Gmail, so if you go up to the top right, click google apps, and click the calendar, you can schedule a google meeting for a future time slot.
- Google accounts in the recent updates have made a lot of new policies. These changes make their privacy stronger than ever.
- If you don’t have a Google account in 2022, you are missing out on a lot of stuff; Gmail, Photos, and Calendar are just some of the most basic services the service offers.
Start a New Meeting
That way, you can send email invites to everybody quickly. So, how to do that? Just go up to create, and let’s start a new meeting. You can get a bigger screen here. You can pick your date, your time, and your time zone. This is helpful, especially since people are all over the place right now.
- If you want to add a google meet conference, you click right here and add google meet video conferencing.
- So then you can go on the side and click add guests. You can add everybody’s email, and once you’re done, you can click save, and it will send it to any guests you added to the guest list.
- If you want to join, you’ll scroll down to the link, and after clicking on the invitation link, it will take you to your google meet meeting. You can also go to meet.google.com and click on a new meeting or enter a meeting code or a link.
Schedule a Meeting
- If you click new meeting on this page, it will give you the option to start an instant meeting schedule in google calendar or create a meeting for later.
- When you join a meeting, it’s nice because a test window pops up where you can test your audio and video settings.
- You can effortlessly check the audio and video, and it will give you a preview of how you sound and your video looks. So if you need to make any adjustments before clicking join now, you can do so.
You can also change your background if you’re not happy with the background you have. You can blur I, slightly blur, there’s also entirely blur, and you can also upload your image if you want to. Or choose any one of these kinds of preset images. If you want to turn that off, click x out.
Once you are all ready to go, click join now.
Google Meet Video Call
Let’s inspect all the features once you’re logged in. So let’s start with everything at the bottom; first of all, here is the meeting id. So if somebody needs your meeting id, you can find it here very quickly, copy the meeting link and send it to them.
- Above the meeting id, we have turned your microphone on and off. This is a significant feature, especially in group meetings; you can also see that when you hover over it, there is a shortcut key.
- So if you want to turn it on and off quickly, you can do it with the shortcut. You can click on it; when it’s off, it will be in red with a strike through it, and when it’s on, it will look like the same thing as the video. If you hover over it, it will give you the shortcut to turn the camera on and off, or you can click on it.
You can also turn on captions which can be helpful if you’re doing an extensive presentation and maybe some people are sitting in the back, and they might not be able to hear everything super well; you can turn on captions. You’ll be able to see that they’re pretty accurate.
Changing Default Camera
- Google meet web version also allows you to switch between your internal camera and any external camera that you might want to use. Go to the settings and change your default camera under the audio/video settings. Make sure it works before you join, or the webpage will throw an error.
- If you click right above, you can do troubleshooting and help.
- If you click this little ‘I’ button, it will pull up meeting details. You can also copy the joining info from here and send it to somebody on the fly.
Google Calendar Invite
- Suppose somebody needs to be added to the meeting; you send a google calendar invite and add an attachment. So maybe there’s a document that you and your team need to review, and you attach it to the calendar invite.
- It will show up here, so if you want to review a document as a team, not everyone has to go back to their emails; pull up the document. They can pull it upright in google meet.
- This will show you all the participants within a call; this is the chat, so if you want to send a chat to somebody, if you have questions, you can do that here.
- Some additional activities, so whiteboard is available to everyone. You can also share or present your screen.
You can make shapes here. If you click to start a new whiteboard, as you can see there, you can start by just drawing shapes. You can add text, erase anything, and if you want to share it with someone, you can do that and maybe download it and circulate it after a meeting. Then there are different options if you have a premium membership; whiteboarding can be a cool thing to do if you have an idea that you want to get out there to your team but are having a hard time explaining it.
How to Record a Google Meet?
How You Can Easily Record Google Meet?
- The first thing you need to do is launch a google meet, and once you’ve opened up that meeting, you will want to check the bottom right-hand corner.
- You’re going to look for the three shapes called the activities button, and once you click on that, you’ll get this pop-up window where you select recording.
- Then click start recording again, and you’ll get a pop-up window that says make sure everyone’s ready once that’s all done.
- Click start, and you can check to see if your recording starts in the top left-hand corner.
Here you will see the recording red symbol.
Google meet can be recorded using third-party software, but they aren’t as helpful as they can’t be directly accessed from your Google Drive, are less secure, and are more prone to crashing.
How to Stop Recording?
- You will want to move your cursor back down to the activities icon to stop the recording. Open it back up, go back to recording, and you’ll see a new button that says stop recording.
- If you click on that, it will give you another prompt to make sure you want to stop the recording, and then you can confirm that. It’s done because the recording button has disappeared in the top left-hand corner.
- Now, if you went through this entire process and did not see the recording option when you clicked activities, it’s because you do not have the top-tiered versions of google workspace.
- If you’re using the free or basic versions of google workspace, the recording feature is not there, and sadly you will have to use another platform like Quicktime or screencasting to record your screen, and that’s about it.
You can easily record your google meet video calls and access them from your Google drive directly. It is organized in your drive, and you can easily access it. If you are looking for a friendly and easy way to record Google meets, and if you use it a lot. I recommend you use the premium feature as it gives you much access to your recordings.