Android devices are a part of life now. They help us with various tasks. But the real problem arises when any issue occurs in the device. At times those issues are also created by us. For example, sometimes you can forget your android phone password. In such cases, the question arises of how to unlock android phone without password file?
Did you know the password was present since the 1960s? it was invented by Fernando Corbató of MIT.
To get rid of such issues, you will see some steps in this article. These steps will help you in avoiding this issue.
In the case of an android device, a password is of three types. The first is the PIN lock screen and the second is the pattern lock. The latest and third type of security is biometric passwords. Under biometrics, comes the face unlock, fingerprint scanner, and iris scanner.
A. For Fingerprint lock
In this kind of password, a PIN is another layer of security to unlock your android phone or other android devices.
There are various ways by which one can unlock an android phone lock screen without using passwords.
The best one is using the format option in the boot menu: –
- Switch off your android device.
- Hold the power button and volume down button at the same time.
- An Android logo will be displayed with an exclamation mark.
- Again hold the power button and press the volume up button once.
- Now your boot menu will be displayed.
- Now press the volume down or up button and select the factory reset option.
- Now your device will reboot. Your device will lose all the data. When your device will reboot, then you will have to set it up as a new device. This method will solve your problem of how to unlock android phone without password.
In some cases, there is also one issue. From Android 7.0 and above, if you will try to use the above step. Then you will have to sign in with the same primary account which was previously signed in on your device. The primary account can be a google account or any other account.
Now for this step to work for your locked android phone, there are some special cases that you will have to follow.
1. Samsung’s “Find My Mobile”
For this option to work you will have to be an existing user of a Samsung account.
- Now login to the Samsung Find my device account.
- After that select the Samsung phone or any other Samsung android device which you want to unlock.
- Click Unlock.
- Your device will be unlocked.
- Now, try to unlock your device. It will ask for your Samsung account.
2. Smart Unlock Feature to avoid the issue of how to unlock android phone without password
All android phones today have a feature called Smart Unlock.
In this feature, there are a few options which you will see in the steps explained in the next point.
First follow the following steps to activate the Smart Unlock feature: –
- Open the Settings option on your phone.
- Click on the Security option.
- Click on Smart Lock.
- Now you will get three options as mentioned above: -(a) On-body detectionThis option will keep your android lock screen unlocked as long as it is in with you.(b) Trusted PlacesThis option will keep your android lock screen unlocked as long as you are in a particular area. You will have to select an area in this option, where you will want this feature to work. The place can be your home or office.(c) Trusted DevicesThis option will keep your android lock screen unlocked as long as your Bluetooth is connected to a trusted Bluetooth device. for this option to work, you will have to select a Bluetooth device with which you want this feature to work.
- Now you can select any of the above three options of the Smart Lock feature to keep your android lock screen unlocked.
- This feature will keep you away from the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.
B. PIN lock screen password
If you forget the PIN for the lock screen. Then there is the option of unlocking your locked phone using Android Device Manager (Google Find My Device).
To do this, you need to have an android device manager installed on your android phone. After that, you will also need to have the android device location on.
1. Google Find My Device
For this option to work you will need Google Find my device app on your phone.
Now follow the following instructions: –
- Sign in to a google account.
- Activate the location option on your phone.
- Now allow the app to access your location all the time.
- Now your device is set up. Now whenever you will forget your password, you can use this feature to unlock your phone. To unlock your phone follow the following steps: –
- Open the google find my device website on your computer.
- Select your device.
- Click on erase.
- Now, your device will be erased. Now, your device will be reset. You will have to set up your device as a new device. Now, you will easily solve the problem of how to unlock android phone without password
This software has the option to unlock android devices of various kinds. If you do not remember the password of your locked device, then most probably you will find that device on this list. This software is the best answer to the question of how to unlock android phone without password.
The only exceptions are the OnePlus devices. But Droidkit is trying hard to add the OnePlus devices to its list of supported Android devices.
There is also the advantage that you don’t need to be signed in with any account.
To unlock your locked device without a password, follow the given steps: –
- Install Droidkit software on your computer.
- Now connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Click on Unlock screen.
- Click on the Start button.
- The process will start and the software will show you the percentage of progress for your locked android device.
- Once the process is completed the computer screen will show you the complete message.
- In the end, a configuration file will be prepared to unlock your device lock screen.
- Click on remove now on the computer screen.
- Now follow the steps given on the computer screen to unlock the screen lock of your android device.
- Finally, click on complete.
Note: You will lose all your data from the android device. Now you will be able to set up your phone as a new android device. Now you will not be tensed in case of the issue of how to unlock an android phone without a password.
C. Pattern lock screen
To face the issue of how to unlock android phone without password, follow the following steps: –
- Enter the pattern 5 times wrong for your locked android phone or tablet.
- Now you will have to wait for 30 seconds before entering the password again for your locked android phone or tablet.
- The device will ask you for the primary google account details of the android device.
- After entering the Google account details, the device will let you set the new pattern password for the android phone without a screen lock.
- Enter the new pattern for the screen lock and your pattern will be changed.
- Now, you can unlock your android phone without any issue by using the new screen lock pattern password. This will help in avoiding the problem of how to unlock android phone without password
Note: This technique will only work on an android device running Android 4.4 and lower.
D. Fingerprint lock
Install the software 4ukey on your computer. This method will help you to face the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.
Now follow the given steps: –
- Connect your device to the computer with a USB cable.
- Run the 4ukey software on the computer.
- Select the remove lock screen option on the computer screen to unlock your android phone or any other device.
- Click on Start.
- Now your device will be formatted.
- Click on Ok after the process is complete.
- Now follow the on screen instructions of the computer to switch on the device after fulfilling the necessary steps.
- Now, your device will be like a new device with no data on it. So now sign in to your Gmail account or any other account on your device. Do not worry about the question of how to unlock android phone without password?
Unlock the phone using ADB commands
Now follow the following steps to enable the USB Debugging option in your android device: –
- Open the Settings on your android device.
- Activate the Developers option on your android device. To activate: –
- a. Open settings in your android device.
- b. Select “About Phone”.
- c. Tap on “Build number” seven times.
- Open the “Settings” app on an android device.
- Click “System”.
- Click on “Developers options”.
- Click on “USB debugging”.
The above 5 steps will confirm that your device is connected to the computer: –
- Connect android device to computer via a USB cable.
- Open cmd in computer. (cmd is short for Command Prompt window)
- Go to “android_sdk/platform-tools/” directory.
- Type adb devices
Now follow the following steps to delete android password files from your computer: –
- Open Command Prompt window on your computer.
- Go to the ADB installation directory.
- Type the command- adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Run the above command by hitting the Enter key.
- Note: This will erase the android password file from your device temporarily. Now, you will need to reset the android password as soon as possible. Now your issue of how to unlock android phone without password will be resolved.
E. Unlock a device running Android 5.0-5.1
Follow the following steps and remove the problem of how to unlock android phone without password.
- On the lock screen of the device, tap on the emergency option.
- Press the * button 10 times in the dialer.
- Copy the sequence of *.
- Now go back to the lock screen.
- Open the camera.
- Pull down the notification drawer.
- Select settings.
- Now in the android password window paste the sequence of * until the screen crashes.
- Now when the phone again starts working properly, then you will be directed to your home screen.
- Now, your issue of how to unlock android phone without password will be resolved.
Previously, when the mobile phones were introduced. At that time, passwords were simply 4-digit PIN which was already fixed by the company. There were instructions in the instruction manual that we need to change our PIN. But no one did that.
Later on, when smartphones were introduced. At that time there was no security feature on the phones. Then the feature of a lock screen was introduced with iOS 5 and Android 2.0. This also gave rise to the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.
With the introduction of the lock screen, the feature of a password was also introduced. It needed the users to enter a password and then unlock the phone.
After that, the hardware part of the phones also provided extra security. For this, the next innovation was the fingerprint scanner. This also reduced the problem of how to unlock android phone without password.
In this particular feature, a capacitive scanner was issued. it uses a series of ultra-small capacitive circuits to collect fingerprint data. An example of a device using such a feature is LG G6. This LG phone has the mentioned feature.
The very next innovation was in terms of facial recognition and iris scanner for android users. This also reduced the problem of how to unlock android phone without password.
To unlock an android phone by using different software is difficult for some users. So, to keep your device secure you need to follow some basic rules: –
- Keep a lock screen password for your android mobile phone or other devices.
- Try to use a six-digit PIN for your lock screen.
- It is difficult to crack a six-digit code password
- Always try to install the updates when they are available.
- Try to use the device which gets the most frequent system updates and security updates.
- Always, before buying the phone, do verify the device model number on the manufacturer’s website, whether it is scheduled to get updates or not.
- Avoid using a third-party app for security. As they are not trustworthy.
Android users use an android phone with a screen lock. But sometimes that security is not up to the mark. Sometimes some also use an android phone without a password. This can avoid the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.
Also, there is one more precaution that you can take before setting a password for your android lock screen.
Sometimes the option of a fingerprint scanner is also not fully safe. For example, in some cases, the fingerprint does not work as expected. In this case, there is a solution. First of all, register one of your fingers for the security feature. After that register the same finger again for the fingerprint lock screen. Now, you will be able to see the improvement in the performance of fingerprint sensors.
Another option to improve the password failure attempts is by frequently changing the PIN or pattern which you are using. This will reduce the chances of forgetting the pattern or PIN. This will also reduce the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.
On the other hand, there is an option that PIN or pattern can be revealed by shoulder surfing. Still, the PIN option is the most secure. But, the fingerprint lock option in android phones can be tricked.
Q1. How to unlock android phones without passwords?
Ans. This article gives you the best solution to this problem.
Q2. What are the steps for lock screen removal of an android phone?
Ans. For a solution to this problem, there are detailed steps given in this article. To unlock an android phone without a password, please do read this article.
Q3. How to unlock an android phone without a password?
Ans. To answer this question, you will need to follow the 4ukey part of this article.
Q4. Can we recover phone data that we will lose during the process?
Ans. No, you can not recover the lost data. This is a negative part of the solutions for the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.
Q5. What can be done if I forget the google account username?
Ans. You cannot recover that account.
Q6. What can be done in case a person forgets his/her google login details?
Ans. If a person forgets his/her google login details, then he/she can recover the password. But not the username.
Q7. Is there any way to remove the android password without formatting the device?
Ans. No. In the latest android devices, there is no option to remove the android password without formatting the device.
Q8. Can we get into recovery mode without shutting the device?
Ans. No, you cannot get into recovery mode without shutting down the device.
Q9. Can I leave the recovery mode without making any changes to the phone data?
Ans. Yes, you can leave the recovery mode without making any changes to the phone data.
Q10. What can be done if I forget the android phone pattern lock?
Ans. If you forget the android phone pattern lock, then you can follow the steps in this article to regain your device. This issue is same as the problem of how to unlock android phone without password.
Q11. Can I remove the android lock screen without losing my data on the latest android devices?
Ans. No. You cannot remove the android lock screen without losing data on the latest android devices. This is a negative part of the solutions for the issue of how to unlock android phone without password.