YouTube is by far the most popular video streaming website out there. It is the go-to platform for people who enjoy listening to music and streaming videos. Like most of the people out there, streaming high-quality YouTube videos for a long time takes a toll on our mobile data, due to which people prefer to download music from YouTube.
Sometimes going on a trip requires people to download songs for offline listening as they don’t always have a proper internet connection. This way, they can watch the YouTube video and enjoy offline listening with unlimited access to the songs.
YouTube is meant to be used as a streaming platform only, and YouTube recognizes this dilemma faced by its users. To solve the problem of the non-availability of offline listening on YouTube, the company launched the YouTube Music app in 2018. With the help of this app, you can download music and video files in audio format and enjoy unlimited downloads. The YouTube Music app comes with a premium membership, and without a paid subscription, one cannot download individual songs on their mobile device.
Is Downloading YouTube Videos Legal?
Downloading a YouTube video by the use of third-party applications is a very simple task for most people. But have you ever wondered if it is legitimate to download audio files or download music from YouTube? The answer is yes; it is a breach of YouTube’s terms and conditions to download music from YouTube. The legitimate options would be using YouTube Premium and downloading copyright-free music from the links provided by YouTube. Usage of third-party apps to download copyrighted music or copyrighted YouTube videos is prohibited under the Terms and Conditions of YouTube. However, there are ways to download music from YouTube without violating these rules if you follow some tips.
Having said that, here are some of the best ways to download a YouTube video without violating the rules and regulations warranted by YouTube.
Warning: These methods should only be used to download copyright-free music from YouTube.
Method 1: How To Download A YouTube Video or Audio File Through Desktop
There is a plethora of websites and third-party software to convert Youtube Videos into audio files. A major drawback of these websites and applications is that most of them contain either malware or many ads.
There are free desktop applications that are comparatively safer than other apps and are more convenient. For example, an application called 4K Youtube to MP3 is a free program or a converter that helps convert youtube videos into audio tracks. Its easy-to-use interface makes it relatively convenient for people to download music from YouTube. 4K Youtube to MP3 can be easily used to download YouTube Music and convert videos into audio tracks.
Here’s A Step-By-Step Guide On Using 4K YouTube To MP3
To download music from YouTube using your computer, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Visit the 4K YouTube To MP3 website on Google and tap the download button; once you are directed to the download window, you will have to select the software version you need to install, i.e., 32bit or 64bit. This application is available for both windows and mac users.
- Once you are done downloading the file, run it and install the program by following the instructions.
3. Now, go to your browser and search YouTube. After that, find a non-copyrighted video or different songs by your favorite artists and copy the video URL.
4. The next step would be to paste the YouTube link on the application. The best thing about this software is that once you’ve clicked the paste link button, it starts extracting the audio track from the video simultaneously. You don’t have to tap any convert button or a download button manually. It takes very little time in converting video into audio while retaining the original quality of your favorite songs
5. After you are finished downloading the YouTube songs, you can access the MP3 file, which is automatically saved into your computer. There is a show-in folder icon inside the app that, when clicked, redirects you to the folder that contains the converted audio. After that, you are done with the conversion of the video from YouTube to MP3. In this way, you can easily download songs and save the best quality music for listening to your favorite songs.
If you wish to listen to songs or download music in a different format, you can do so by clicking the select preferences tab on the video downloader and changing the default audio format according to your preferences.
Method 2: How To Download Audio From Youtube Using Mobile Devices
Mobile device users require quite less of an effort to convert YouTube videos to MP3. They don’t need to download a dedicated application or software for getting offline music. Rather, users can visit YouTube To MP3, an online converter tool available for Android devices and iPhones. It uses a similar mechanism to the 4K YouTube To MP3, which involves copying the video link and pasting that link on the search bar. This website provides a hassle-free way to convert the videos into audio. You can even download YouTube playlists using this online tool.
Here are the steps required to download the audio using the YouTube To MP3 converter.
- Make sure that you choose a copyright-free video to convert. You can open the video using the YouTube app on your iPhone or Android device. After you’ve opened the YouTube video, tap on the Share icon, and then you can copy the link. You can follow the same step for downloading or converting YouTube playlists.
- After you are done copying the URL, open the YouTube To MP3 converter and paste the video URL. Once that is done, click on the Go Button.
- The website will be providing you with a drop-down menu where you will be able to select the audio quality or the bitrate of the files.
- After you have selected the audio bitrate, click on the convert icon. The file will get automatically converted, and it can then be downloaded and used for offline access. This converter is free and is a great alternative to download videos from YouTube in audio.
- The downloaded files can be later played using any media player.
There are many converters available on the internet. The converter we have discussed above is a safe one. But the internet is filled with malicious content, and your converter could contain that malware. So make sure that you download antivirus software and keep it up-to-date.
Method 3: Download Offline Music Using Youtube Music App
People who are quite regularly listening to music on YouTube can do so easily with the new YouTube Music app. This app is dedicated to providing MP3 versions of your favorite song.
It can also be downloaded through your smartphone, whether the phone is an android device or an iPhone. The app is free to download but to listen to songs offline; you have to get a premium subscription.
YouTube Music app lets you search for all the songs and albums by various artists. You can make your own playlists. It also suggests songs based on your taste in music. With the premium subscription, you can download the high-quality song offline and listen to it repeatedly. The YouTube Music app offers a discount specifically made for students 50% less than the original price. By getting the student discount, you pay $4.99 instead of $9.99 per month.
Perks Of Using YouTube Premium Version
- You can enjoy ad-free music anywhere anytime.
- Offline music can be played in the background. That is a feature most people desperately want.
- Save songs through Offline Download
Steps For Downloading YouTube Music App
- The YouTube Music App can be downloaded through the Google Play Store for Android devices and iPhone users.
- Sign yourself up for the monthly premium subscription offered by YouTube. You can sign in with your YouTube account.
- After you are done with that, open the app and search for the song you want to download. Then play the song or the playlist.
- Open the menu section and click on the Download icon.
- You can go into the library section and find your song inside the downloads icon to access the downloads.
With these websites and free programs, videos and even a full playlist on YouTube can be converted into MP3. These programs are compatible with windows and mac. You can easily download music from YouTube using these programs. While you download music from YouTube, the only thing to keep in mind is that you follow the rules and regulations and download only copyright-free music. If you download copy-righted video, then it’s a breach of the rules given by YouTube.
Check out our other interesting article: How To Delete Facebook Account Permanently: Easy 2021 Guide