How to add music to Instagram post
Using Video Editor App
Well, earlier there was no option to add music directly to the post that you put on your Feed.
- So, if I have a video that I want to add music to, I need to add that audio through an external online video editor because I try to add it to my stories and then download it first. It doesn’t save the music with that video from the story, and the same with reels.
- So we will add music to our Instagram posts using Veed, an online video editor.
- So if I head over to my computer and we’re going to go over to feed. Click on create a new project, and then we’re taken into Veed video editor.
- And this is where we will upload the video to which we want to add audio. I will click on the upload file, browse through my documents, and click on the video to which I want to add music.
- So go to the video you want and keep aside the audio file you want to add. However, I want to make this a square Instagram post.
- And to change this, I’m going to go into the Settings tab and then change this to square for Instagram.
- And then, we will click and drag it out. So we have the main square part and don’t have the bar on the top and the button.
- So now, to add audio, I have to click on the Upload tab and then click on upload audio. And then here, we’re just going to browse through our documents; obviously, you can add any custom audio or song you want.
- After you have chosen the audio, right-click on it to click on open. Now it’s imported into Veed, and I’m just going to trim off the end. So it’s the same length as my video for my Instagram story.
- Click and drag it into the timeline. Click Fit Timeline. And then adjust it once again; we will remove the audio from my original video.
- So if I select my original video here, You can either click the new button or, if I don’t want to reduce it all the way, I can slowly turn it down.
- However, you can bring it down to 0%. And in our audio, we can adjust the volume, but now you’ll notice that if I click play, we have this new ancho style of music, which I’ve just added from my computer.
- And now we have the export options. And then, once I’m happy with the audio I’ve added to my video for my Instagram post, I have to click on export in the top right.
- And scroll down until You see Instagram right here. So this uses Instagram’s recommended settings. So it’s the best export option possible for Instagram.
- And now, Veed has begun to render our Instagram posts with its new music. So when I upload it, we keep the quality high. And then, all I have to do is click on the export video.
- And then I can go ahead and upload that to Instagram. And that is how to add music to your Instagram posts.
Using the New Feature
Now, Instagram has released its new feature. You can directly add a song to your Instagram post through that feature.
- Open Instagram.
- Select a picture or multiple pictures and then proceed.
- When adding the caption, you will see that there are so many song suggestions.
- You can select your favorite songs and add them.
- Now, the song has been added to the story.
video that I want to add music to, I need to add that audio through an external online video editor because I try to add it to my stories and then download it first. It doesn’t save the music with that video from the story, and the same with reels.
How to add music to Instagram stories
So let’s begin.
- Go to Instagram stories. And I want to add a video to my Instagram stories.
- If you want to add some music to it, you have to click on the icon that looks like a sticker at the top right of the video and select the music sticker.
- And for example, let’s say I just searched for the song I want. I want to add some Adele; I select Ariana Grande. And then, I have some Ariana Grande on my Instagram story.
- So I can move through and choose the section. I can then select the section from the song that I want.
- And then, I can also change the layout of this sticker. However, I can add music and slide it off to the side. And that is how to add music to Instagram stories.
- Now, the issue is that if I want to post this to my feed, I can’t go ahead and click the download button at the top of the screen because if I do that, it will just download the same video again without the music.
- And even if I post it to my Instagram story, I add it to close friends.
- And then I go back. Right there, if I click save on the story.
- And I do save the video. Now, it will say save without audio.
- You can still save your video, but the audio will be removed.
- So that is how to add music to your Instagram stories.
Steps to add music to your Instagram reels
So again, it’s a very similar process.
- We’re just going to swipe to go into our stories, and this time at the bottom, we’re going to select the Reels tab.
- And right here, we’re in the reel section where we can make some reels. And here, we have to click on audio on the left.
- And then again, we’re just going to do the same thing.
- For example, if I want to add some Ariana Grande again( because I’m a big fan of Ariana Grande), we select Ariana. Again, choose the section of the song that you want. Click done.
- And now, if I begin recording, I’m going to have the music at the same time as I record, or I can go into my videos on my phone and then import videos there, and then the music will be added to it there.
- And that is how to add music to your Instagram reels.
So, there are endless features on Instagram and many ways to use them. Even Instagram has added many new features to let everyone do more creative things. So get creative and make the best Instagram posts
Also, check: How to Post on Facebook Watch?
Leave a Reply