The simplest way to watch videos on your mobile screen on TV is by Casting. If you wish to share something with lots of people see on your phone but the mobile screen size seems small, casting from the smartphone to the TV is advantageous.
Furthermore, it’s perfect for mobile-only videos which you wish to view on a huge screen. We’ve gotten your side if you’ve been having trouble figuring out how to cast to a Samsung TV.
You can cast anything you like on your smart TV using this simple, step-by-step tutorial.
What is Casting
Due to the reason that the phrase “casting” could be used in a variety of settings, it is not immediately clear what it refers to. Casting describes the real-time broadcast of music and pictures through the web via smartphones and TVs. You may cast films from your smartphone to a big screen monitor using several apps, such as Netflix or YouTube.
Without a smart TV, you may stream content via third-party casting gadgets like the Amazon Firestick, and Google Chromecast, among others.
Whenever you cast a movie or a film, just the television will see it. Your smartphone controls the video, but then as long as it is still linked to a computer or any other device, you can close the app and carry on with your activities without the video ceasing. The ability to use your smartphone plus watch a film at the same time is quite useful.
How to Cast to a Samsung TV
1. For Iphones- Apple Airplay
Apple Airplay is used to cast an iPhone screen to a Samsung TV.
- Start by tapping on the HOME button on the remote to cast to Samsung TV.
- Switch to the left until you reach SETTINGS, then click ENTER.
- Next select AIRPLAY > ON under GENERAL > APPLE AIRPLAY SETTINGS.
- Lastly, tap SCREEN MIRRORING on the iPhone by swiping downward.
Make sure that the WiFi networks of your Samsung TV, as well as iPhone, should be the same! If they’re shown on different networks, you won’t be capable of casting.
Points to remember while casting your iPhone to Samsung TV:
- Your Samsung TV has built-in Airplay.
- On your casting device, use the screen mirroring feature.
- Use a separate streaming stick or gadget
- Use HDMI connection directly
Related – How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to TV
2. For Samsung Devices
How Do I Cast a video Direct from My Samsung Phone to My Samsung TV?
- Download the SmartThings application.
- After downloading it you may start screen sharing by simply clicking the “Share Screen” key.
- Make sure the network for both your smartphone and tv is the same.
- Share access to your Samsung TV with others.
- Choose Smart View from the drop-down menu to share media.
- As a remote control, use the smartphone in this situation.
Using Smart View to Cast
This is the simplest method for using Wi-Fi and mirrors your smartphone to your Television.
Adhere to the instructions for mirror Smart View:
Step 1: To access the Quick panel from the top screen, swipe downward. Next, tap the Smart View icon to turn on the function.
Step 2: Choose your tv from the accessible devices list (Users might have to enter a security code based on the television.).
Step 3: As from drop-down choice which appears mostly on the pop-up window asks, “Start casting using Smart View?,” choose Start now.
You can change the aspect ratio if the mirroring image appears too smaller on display.
Step 1: From the drop-down box, choose Smart View > More Options,
Step 2: By the Settings menu, choose the Phone aspect ratio.
Step 3: To display in full-screen mode, choose Fullscreen on the connected device.
After Smart View begins mirroring the screen of your smartphone, you have the option of switching to full-screen mode on such a connected device by selecting “Remember settings.” Please remember that this could require restarting certain applications.
- The television or smartphone must share the same Wi-Fi network.
- Before some TVs will work correctly, you might need to switch connections or turn on screen mirroring.
- From Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connect Manager > Access Notification, choose whether Smart View is available on that TV.
Casting on the Samsung TV
Casting enables you to send media to your Samsung TV.
The Google Home application and a Chromecast device can be used to screencast video from your Smartphone so that it can be viewed on the Samsung TV.
Take the following actions to achieve this:
- Switch on the Chromecast device after connecting it to the television.
- Restore the TV’s default settings for the HDMI input.
- In the Google Home application, click Add > Set up Device. Then, set up your Chromecast according to the prompts that appear.
- After choosing and launching a Chromecast-compatible application from your phone, the Cast button may show up.
- Enjoy the content shown on your tv.
HDMI Adapter Cable with Television Casting
Well before the launching of Smart Applications, using this technique was usual for connecting to screens. In just this scenario, HDMI adaptors were mainly used by individuals who are having trouble connecting wirelessly.
It must be remembered that Samsung HDMI adaptors were sold separately and support devices with USB-C ports.
- Connect the HDMI cable with the HDMI adaptor after turning on the pc.
- The HDMI port on the television must be connected to that same HDMI cable’s other end.
- Utilizing the USB connection provided, attach the HDMI adaptor to the USB port in your computer or another device.
- Switch on your TV, then choose the HDMI port you’re currently utilizing as an input source.
- With the assistance of this guide, you must be able to fully utilize your Samsung gadgets now that they’ve been correctly linked to your tv set.
- As the result, whether you’re projecting pictures or watching films, you will get great value for your dollar as well as a top-notch experience.
Screen Mirroring using Smartthings Application
This Smartthings application allows you to screen mirror:
Check to see if both mobile and tv are connected to the exact same Wifi connection, and afterward, continue by turning on the tv and connecting it to the SmartThings account.
- Log in with your credentials in the SmartThings application on the Samsung smartphone.
- From the Interface, choose the television.
- There is a button labeled “More Options” there in the upper edge of the desktop.
- From the drop-down option, choose Mirror Screen (Smart View).
- The screen of your television will show what’s on your smartphone.
You still can mirror all contents of the smartphone to the Samsung Television even if you have an outdated Smartphone that’s not compatible with either SmartThings or Smart View.
- First, on the remote control, press your Source button and afterward pick Screen Mirroring
- For those other models, use the remote’s Button, followed by Network > Screen Mirroring.
- On the Samsung smartphone, slide your Notifications bar towards the bottom.
- From the drop-down option, choose Screen Mirroring.
- Your phone looks for compatible devices to link to and establishes a connection with them.
- From the list of currently accessible devices, pick your tv.
- When prompted, you must input a PIN that appears just on the Television screen into your mobile.
Most of the applications and games on the Samsung smartphone can be opened as quickly as the device is connected, as well as the applications automatically mirror your Samsung Smart Television.
Related – Best 32-inch Smart TV Sets Worth Buying
Mirroring Computer Screen To TV
The display of your Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC can be projected onto a tv.
Requirements: Before anyone can see the program, make sure their tv and computer are compatible.
You’ll need the following supplies:
A Computer that is WiDi capable: With Windows 8, the majority of current PCs will be WiDi completely compatible.
Your pc screen can be made into a mirror:
- To begin, click Start on your pc. Next, enter Bluetooth as well as other device options through the search box and press on it when it pops up.
- Choose Add device and Add Bluetooth and another gadget from the drop-down option. Next, from the drop-down box, choose Wireless display and dock.
Adding Bluetooth to a Windows 11 computer
- Click on the name of your tv when it is visible. On the tv, click Allow if you are asked to.
Remove the devices’ connections to the PC.
- When you have finished mirroring the screen, it is essential to detach it from the computer.
- To begin, select Start on the computer. Then, when a similar search box opens, click it and type in Bluetooth as well as other device settings.
- To choose the device that is connected whether you’re running Windows 10, just choose it from the list of available options.
- While using Windows 11, you may unplug a device from the pc by clicking More options (the three vertical dots) next to the gadget you want to unplug.
- Click on Remove gadget from the list, and click on Yes.
You may cast in a variety of ways to the Samsung TV:
The simplest method to cast from such an Ios gadget (iPhone, iPad, or Mac) is via Apple Airplay if the Samsung TV is dated 2018 or after. Alternatively, make use of the screen mirroring function in your casting gadget (which is known by a number of different names based just on the manufacturer of the smartphone or tablet).
Purchase a Roku or Google Chromecast streaming gadget. Purchase an adaptor with your casting gadget, then use an HDMI cord that connects it straight to the Samsung TV.
To cast through Samsung devices, install the Samsung SmartThings and Smart View applications. Keep in mind that you may only cast media that has previously been saved to your smartphones, such as images, videos, music, and other files.
Related – How Much is Samsung Worth 2021
Ques 1. How can I cast the most effective to Samsung TV?
Ans. A list of all the gadgets to that you can cast your media is displayed whenever you launch your Samsung Smart View application.
- First, from the drop-down menu, select your tv.
- So after, you can be asked, among many other things, either accept the connection and input a Pin number.
- Just choose the content you would like to watch on tv.
Ques 2. What stops my smartphone from mirroring to TV?
Ans. Verify that each of the AirPlay-capable devices is switched on and situated close to each other. Verify that every device is using the newest software and therefore is linked to the exact same Wi-Fi network.
In order for using AirPlay or screen mirroring, make absolutely sure that each of your gadgets is switched on.
Ques 3. Why can’t I cast the screen from my Smartphone to the Samsung TV?
Ans. Before continuing, make sure that your Samsung TV & your smartphone are connected to the exact same WiFi network.
You may download the SmartThings application from your device from the Google Play Store or even Apple App Store. Open the SmartThings application, then click the drop-down button and choose Add Devices.
You can cast media via your smartphone to your Samsung Television by choosing Smart View.