To answer the question of how to edit videos, let me tell you recording videos is a hard job. The resolution in itself costs you a part of your budget! You need to capture videos that are good quality with good quality audio.
But that’s not all. Good exposure, stabilization, and clear shots are just a few more things you need to keep in mind while recording videos and let’s be honest; you will miss many of these if you aren’t a professional.
Editing is what you need in this case. Basic editing can help you change your videos’ exact details, timings and exposures, tints, shadows, audio quality, and other aspects.
1. The Real Question Here is, How To Edit Videos?
But before getting on to how to edit videos, there’s another important question, and that is “How to choose editing software?”
Editing software can be paid or unpaid, professional or personal, heavy or light. There is just plenty of software to choose from, whether you want to edit on your Android, Mac, iOS, Windows, Linux, or another Operating System. Some software is common to all, like Adobe Photoshop, and some are particular to one OS like apple’s built-in video editor.
2. Video Editor
You can always search for editing applications depending on your budget and needs. Starting with free basic editing software is always a good choice, so you know your preference and dedication.
- Let’s say you choose your editing software and have already installed it.
- Next, you need to permit it to access your storage on the device to read your files and save them on your device. This is the first step on how to edit videos.
Also, read about the system requirements for the application so you don’t end up annoying yourself by installing heavy editing software on your Intel penguin software.
3. Editing Process
Once you have fulfilled all the prerequisites and are ready to use the software, open the application and follow along!! Now, this is how to edit videos easily.
3.1) How to Edit Videos: Login Steps
- Once you open the application, do as you are prompted to.
- Most software requires you to log in or make an account with them. This helps you sync your progress with other devices where you log in.
- The next step in how to edit videos is to study the application.
- There are plenty of software or applications you can work on, and most have a different interface.
- You cannot generalize most of the features but follow the instructions carefully.
- Once you complete the walk-through/tutorial, there is a high chance that you won’t get another opportunity to do it.
- To understand, follow the instructions that the software or GUI instructs you.
3.2) How to Edit Videos: A Technicality
The video editor you are using will first ask you to select the video clip you want to edit. The entire process will help you in video editing. Editing videos does not necessarily involve one single clip. You can choose multiple video clips for editing video.
The video editing software such as Movavi video editor (leading video editors) has a lot of icons like audio files, video projects, video timelines, video creating, new video projects, editing tools, features to add music, online service, frame rate, color balance photos, translation and a lot of such features which you will get used to with time.
3.3) How to Edit Videos In-App
Create a new video project with one of the video editors, and it will ask you to provide the video files or audio files. It would take some time to process those files (or upload them if it is an online editing tool). Once you have selected all the videos, photos, and audio files, you will have the editing interface in front of you, which is the umbrella feature of this article.
After editing your videos, upload them on YouTube. Create your video content for your YouTube channel to avoid copyright issues. The video editor provides plenty of open-source videos and audio you can use, even though the advanced ones are mostly paid.
4. Video Clip
Media files can be uploaded via external sources such as photo apps, screen recording folders, or your drive. Just drag and drop the content in your modern system.
Video editing via this video editor refers to modifying and customizing your content as per your choice. Add stickers or transitions to your videos as a part of simple edit. Simple edits often look childish and unprofessional but can be useful for small tasks. If simple edit is not your thing, move on to the advanced section.
5. YouTube Editing
You can take inspiration from YouTube videos. YouTube content these days is highly specific and modern, with the most advanced editing tools used. With this amount of competition, editing videos the right way I’d is a must if you want your YouTube channel to grow.
Create the videos with a combination of video clips, photos from the Web, audio files, or the content saved on your hard drive.
You can check the progress on your screen with each step of your editing. The features are synced in real-time, so you don’t need to worry about losing all additions at once. Don’t you like it? Just undo that particular feature.
6. Basic Video Editing
- Free video editor provides you with basic editing features ranging from a few old-school transitions to features of adding texts to your video. Free software used to edit video often leaves behind a watermark logo which can be a deal-breaker if you are looking for authenticity. Screen recording of your content, too, can lead to the same issue.
- Video creation involves a lot of creative thinking, so you will need to analyze your whole video and each beat to add the transition for the best result.
- The timeline is probably one of the most effective features that help you count all the features you have added to your edit. A timeline is a 2D representation of your video with a few frame rates.
- In addition over that, the timeline can be resized and moves across to access different parts of your video. The timeline should be mastered to get out most of it.
7. Video Formatting
- The app you use will enable you to edit. Accordingly, one app is better than another app in some way. The meaning is, that different tools make different tools handier to use, which makes it hard to choose among the various options out there.
- Tools are something you will never completely understand because they have their limits and the DaVinci resolve is a theory that tells us about the actual use and what you need. DaVinci resolve is just another complicated term translated to the usage of tools.
- Transitions are the tools you need to switch from one video to another, photos to video or vice versa. Transitions are just one of the many features that video editors have to offer.
- The media you use will be optimized for your use, and the same media will be used for your content. Hence, collecting and optimizing the content is the most important thing on your part.
- Media choosing makes sense only if you have pre-planned the outline of your content because media deletion and addition post choosing the timeline can be hectic.
- The images you use need to fit in the video; select the duration of the pictures, size, and background audio for your pictures. Feel free to customize it the way you want. After all, it is your video.
7.1) Editing for YouTube
Video editing requires you to edit video as per the application’s interface and your needs. You need to edit videos using single or multiple video editing software.
Editing for YouTube involves a video editor that can simplify the editing process, so your video editing remains to editing video and not making the software. This is how to edit videos efficiently.
7.2) But, how To Edit Videos?
- Go to edit the video, and start your video editing with the video editor.
- Group the media files (photos, audio, and more). Link some photos app if you have backed up your photos. Google Photos app is a good option.
- Add music, and add music with some other app if the free version does not allow you to do that (or buy the software), even though the free version will provide you with this much, but let’s be on the safe side.
- Now let’s ask ourselves, exactly what do we need? Before knowing how to edit videos, this is what you need to clarify to yourself. Online video platforms have a lot of edited videos posted.
- Online video platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, video, and other online video platforms are what video editors are used for. An online video can be downloaded and edited for your use as well. It completely depends on you.
7.3) Original audio optimization
You can always use the split-screen feature to tally the changes with your editor for the video you want to edit. The project file has its application-based name, which you should change. Video editing on mobile apps is a bit more basic but more interactive.
Royalty-free is an external source with plenty of sound effects for all your editing needs. The sound effects result in great videos. If your first video doesn’t turn out to be how it was, do not worry about it. You learn as you use.
In the end, save the project, and the interface will ask you a few things. To rename the video being one of them, you will be prompted to choose an aspect ratio. The aspect ratio is the length and breadth you want your video to be and what ratios.
7.4) Can my computer handle Video Editing?
The more complex feature you want in your video, the more powerful hardware you’ll be needing for that video. Except for a relatively small number of programs available on just one machine operating system, there’s no major difference between the choice of Windows or a Mac for video edit.
These are general tips on how to edit videos. The current reality is that, except for a handful of programs that only use Final Cut Pro X or the other, there is no significant difference between Windows and Mac.
The more powerful computers you use will need to do more complex editing – including computer-generated special effects – you may need to use another operating system when modifying your video. For more info, please see iReport.
8. Create a Project and Import Footage
When you begin creating a video editor, you’ll have to choose what’s important. Most video editors will create a folder with this project name which contains all the files. You’ll need to determine which project settings (primarily resolution and frame rate) you want your final video to be in.
- This is how to edit videos. If you require a specific item and are incompatible with the source file, you can import all the footage you need to the editor.
- There’s an import option under the editor’s navigation bar for most applications, but some applications drag and drop the contents of the documents directly to the computer.
- For a very short video, only make three brief descriptions.
8.1) Do video editor and editor tools allow for proper video production at a reasonable price?
Yes indeed. Cut up some of the parts, probably start the beginning. Cropping is simply going to the beginning or finishing off a clip and pulling it out to tighten it up and remove the extra parts. It is always necessary.
In this case, you can make my suggestions more rigorous. If they load the screens? So I have spots here where the screen is catching a little pop-up screen I know will not contribute to the end of my project, so I can remove them if necessary. This is how to edit videos.
9. Understand how to edit videos the right way with an example
9.1) Recording at the right size
- When recording a video, the main rule of thumb is to optimize the quality and media to produce the right result; all videos and photos fit the screen properly.
- You will probably be familiar with 720p or 1080p, whatever the screen setting is in common dimensions.
- That means the picture is at high fidelity 1080p. You also need to check if the recording you filmed has the same 1080p resolution as the video you are editing, whatever 1080p editing software.
- This is how to edit videos with a specific resolution. So you can see how everything will be displayed on the computer. That’s why you can’t decide how others will consume it. So you want to give them the best product you can.
9.2) Start with organization
It makes editing easy to perform as you have much better prepared when you put something to use later. Everything you associate here, whether from a project file to any other file, you will name with the same convention and put it in the same folder.
This is how to edit videos and organize them. We will next talk about a few housekeeping things we can do when we are recording. Examples include housekeeping and recording techniques which can be useful to making recording easier to do.
9.3) Focus your viewer’s attention
- A type of screen to attract a viewer. This is where we will start applying things like Zooming in on your screen, scrolling around, or whatever we call call-outs in Camtasia. Simple details like that draw the attention of the viewer.
- I typically use the darkening of the screen as a solution for drawing attention because it strips out the rest of the extraneous information on the screen and allows for a good focal point, but what you want to use is totally up to you.
- Simple things like a zoom at the top right of animation also increase that attention by adding a call-out.
9.4) Bring your audio
- You can use your voice.
- Generally, we will split our AUDIO into different sections and match this to the sound on the screen. Some may say record it together, especially for screens.
- Also, do record audio to add it to your video to make it more personalized.
- If you post it somewhere that you later want to present in a seminar, You will have to consider keeping it simple.
- First, record your monitor, and then do the recording as normal. You can also record your video, then mix the music into it.
9.5) Bring your webcam
In Camtasia, it’s easy enough to make space for the webcam to start or end. And so your introduction, your webcam and screen capture have all the same size.
At this point, you may decide whether you like more of the introductory sections that many software have installed. Those are also your resources to give a kind of introductory slide, which you can save as a template.
9.6) Add Media
After presenting this event, you can publish materials that CAN be downloaded to Camtasia. Then the show was perfect. If you think it was good enough, don’t hesitate to post it to your social media profiles, including YouTube! It would be best if you kept this posted again after this.
Choose your videos and get on it!! I hope the article helped you.
Also read: What is ad
Read more with us, click here.