What is YouTube Verification Badge?
- According to YouTube, a grey checkmark or a grey music note next to a channel name implies that YouTube has already verified that channel. It also implies that the channel is the authorized channel of an authenticated creator, artist, company, public figure, or entity.
- A verification badge distinguishes a YouTube channel from other channels with similar names and lookalikes, impostors, spammers, and fan sites. It demonstrates that videos are genuine and can be considered reliable. It is also a bit of a symbol of status among creators.
- Remember, however, that a YouTube verification badge is not a prize, great accomplishment, or endorsement from YouTube. Indeed, as per YouTube, verified channels do not receive additional features.
- To be clear, getting a YouTube verification badge does not imply verifying your YouTube account.
Keep reading to know How to get verified on YouTube.
Things to Remember:
- There are no exclusive features – Getting verified on YouTube does not entitle you to any exclusive features, perks, or awards. As previously stated, it merely lends legitimacy to you or your brand. In other words, viewers on YouTube will trust your channel the first moment they see your video in their feed.
- Stops stolen traffic – Being verified on YouTube stops imposters and copycats from stealing traffic that should be directed to your channel.
What is YouTube Verification?
- On either hand, how to get verified on YouTube from your account informs YouTube that you are a genuine person and not a spam bot. When you first make an account, YouTube wants to know your phone number to verify it, and they verify it by sending a message or making a phone call to the number.
- You can upload longer videos, add custom thumbnails, go live, and appeal content ID claims after getting verified. You must verify your account if you want to monetize your channel.
- Many new content creators are perplexed by YouTube verification. Many people believe that getting verified means getting a YouTube badge.
- However, being verified by YouTube and receiving a verification badge are two entirely different things.
- Verifying your account is essential for any content creator because it proves your legitimacy. The verification badge assists YouTube in recognizing you as a well-known brand.
- As of being a beginner, your most important focus area of yours should be on obtaining your YouTube channel verified.
How to get Verified on YouTube?
- Open the YouTube App
- Start the YouTube app on your smartphone, and tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Your channel will begin to load as a result.
- Once your channel has loaded, touch on the camera icon next to the search symbol at the top.
2. Select “Go Live”
- You will have the choice of recording or doing a Live stream.
- Select the option Go Live. You need not worry because you can’t go live as your YouTube account has not been verified yet.
- ‘Before you go live, we need to authenticate your identity with a phone number,’ it states on the following screen. Accessing these features can take 24 hours.
- To continue with the verification process, tap “Get Started.”
3. Start the Verification Process
- You’ll be sent to a page where you can select your preferred method of communication—text message or phone call, your country and phone number.
- Click on Submit once all the options have been filled in.
4. Enter the Validation Code
- YouTube will send you a verification code. You must validate it, type the code, and submit it.
- Your account has been verified, according to a pop-up message.
- But keep in mind that YouTube will validate your account within 24 hours.
- When everything is finished, YouTube will notify you so you may use all the features.
How to Apply for YouTube Verification Badge?
This is how you can apply for a YouTube channel verification badge.
1. Verify that your Google or YouTube account is active and signed in.
2. Visit the YouTube-Google support website now.
3. Scroll down to the box labelled “Apply for channel verification.” Take note of the language in the text box that reads “Apply now.” To access the application form, you must click on it. Please note that you cannot access the link if your channel is ineligible.
4. Enter your channel name and ID in the Channel Verification Application form and press the Submit button. Click on the appropriate link or Settings > Advanced settings to view your channel ID.
5. After submitting, you will receive a confirmation message and an email confirming your submission. Stay updated on your inbox and YouTube channel to find out how your application is doing.
6. It can take a few hours to a week to receive feedback on your request for a YouTube verification badge. In comparison, you may instantly authenticate your YouTube account. This explains how to get verified on YouTube and get the verification badge.
Reasons Behind not getting YouTube Verification Badge
YouTube can still reject your verification request even after achieving 100,000 subscribers. Here are a few reasons why your application can be denied.
1. It’s been a long since your channel has been active.
2. Your channel is not legitimate. It does not accurately represent the creator, brand, or organization. It does not accurately represent the established creator, brand, or organization.
3. Variations in the data presented in the supporting documents you provided.
4. Unfinished profile. Among other things, your profile is missing a banner, description, and profile image.
5. Your channel is against the terms of service and community guidelines of YouTube, among other things.
Your chances of being authenticated will increase if you care for these problems. Remember that the following approval can take a couple of days for your YouTube verification badge to appear. This explains how to get verified on YouTube and why not get the verification badge.
How to Improve your YouTube Channel Verification Chances?
As previously stated, how to get verified on YouTube using simply completing the form will not guarantee that your channel receives a verification badge. YouTube expressly states that it does not authenticate channels that deceive or steal content from other creators, brands, or organizations.
You must implement a few steps to ensure your channel receives the verification badge.
- Produce High-Quality Content
Make amazing videos that get a lot of views, and do it regularly. This does not imply that you must post every day. If you post quality content, you can post as little as once, maybe two times a week, and you can still get the views your video deserves. The right choice of the types of equipment, then identifying your niche, and scriptwriting your videos to concentrate on audience retention are just a few ways to improve the appeal of your content.
2. React to Comments
There is no more suitable method of establishing authenticity than interacting directly with your viewers. It promotes trust and recognition and ensures you will be who you say you are. Responding to comments encourages your followers to subscribe to your channel. Having clear CTAs, such as asking your audience to like, subscribe, and share the video, also aids in the growth of your channel.
3. Be Genuine
Tell people what you or your company does. Discuss your service or product without exaggerating its advantages. Relevance is essential in this case. Avoid using unethical tactics such as buying followers or spam accounts. Violations of YouTube policies or terms and conditions may result in black marks, reducing your chances of receiving a verification badge. This explains how to get verified on YouTube and improves your chances of getting a verification badge. This shows how to get verified on YouTube and improve your chances.
How to Keep your YouTube Channel Verified?
- Do not break the Terms of Service
It’s one thing to become verified on YouTube; it’s another to remain verified. Even if you have met all the criteria and received a verification badge, YouTube can remove it if you disobey their Terms of Service or Community Guidelines.
2. Do not change the name of your channel
Obtaining a YouTube verification badge is not as simple as it appears; much effort is required before obtaining it. If you wish to change your channel’s name, you will also have to lose your verification badge. However, as long as you adhere to YouTube’s standards, you should have no trouble issues obtaining that grey checkmark soon.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the distinction between channel verification and receiving a verification badge?
Obtaining a channel verification badge is difficult. The YouTube verification badge is either a grey check mark or a grey music note, depending on your channel. It establishes you as a well-known YouTube channel. Only a small number of YouTube channels with at least one million subscribers can apply for this special status.
On the other hand, verifying your YouTube channel is essential to show YouTube that you are a genuine YouTuber and not a bot. A mobile phone can verify the channel by receiving a six-digit verification code.
How can content ID claims be corrected?
You can dispute the claim if you are the owner/creator, have the right to use the copyrighted material, or believe that the YouTube system incorrectly identified your video.
However, if you believe the claim is genuine, you can use the YouTube editor to swap the media content of the video without needing to upload a new video.
Is it possible to complete the verification without providing a mobile number?
There are no other ways to verify a YouTube account other than by registering with a mobile number and receiving a verification code.
What is the difference between a copyright strike and a content ID claim?
A copyright takedown request is a formal request to YouTube stating that a specific creator was using your copyrighted content. If YouTube determines that the claim is genuine, the video is removed, and the artist receives one six-month copyright strike.
The channel is permanently deleted if someone receives three strikes in six months. On the other hand, a content ID is a system developed by YouTube to protect media from being misused by anyone else on the platform. The system detects plagiarism automatically and notifies the creator that this video involves copyrighted content.
It is amazing to have a cool grey verification badge beside the name of your channel. However, it is not everything. With or without it, you can have a successful YouTube channel. As always, the key is creating amazing content your audience loves and shares with everyone. I hope all the information provided in the article clears the doubts and questions related to the verification on YouTube.