Before starting about how to make a public profile on Snapchat, we would like to discuss what actually Snapchat is.
Snapchat is an American instant messaging app and service developed by Snap Inc.
Snapchat has become an excellent platform with a billion users in it, as on Snapchat, you can send messages, photos, videos, news and more to your friends. You can also check out the Snapchat website to learn more.
Other options are available to reach more users and share your content differently. With the option of a public profile on Snapchat, you can gain new audiences by creating relevant content of your choice.
If you are a Snapchat user and want to be popular by creating a public profile on Snapchat, this article is for you. We have covered all the detailed steps to create a public profile on Snapchat.
What is a public profile on Snapchat?
The public profile feature of Snapchat accounts helps you in many ways as it not only make your profile stand among other Snapchat users but gives you various features.
For everyone to see the Public Profile, anyone can add you no matter from which place you belong to and no matter what is your religion. This is the best Snapchat feature as other features make us restricted to friends and family only, but by this, you can reach every corner of the world.
Various requirements to keep in mind while making a public profile on Snapchat
Earlier, only verified creators were allowed to create a public profile, or the criteria were to have a subscriber count. But the requirement to have a subscriber count of 5000 friends is removed, and after an update, the Snapchat website officially rolled out a few days before everyone could create a public profile on the Snapchat app.
These are the various requirements required for creating a public on Snapchat:
- To make a public profile on Snapchat, users should be at least 18 or more than 18 years in age.
- The user should have a unique display name in settings.
- Have more than at least one friend whose request is accepted on both sides on Snapchat, i.e. you and your friend both have to accept the friend request.
- Must adhere to the community guidelines of Snapchat.
How to create a public profile on the Snapchat application –
1. The first step in making a public profile is downloading Snapchat. For downloading Snapchat, just go to the play store and search Snapchat; it will be easily available to you. It has a 4.2 rating on the play store with 2cr reviews and 100cr+ downloads on it.
2. The second step is to login into the Snapchat app and create an account on Snapchat. For creating a Snapchat account, go to the signup option. It will take you to the next screen, enter your first name and last name there, then the next screen will direct you to pick a username.
The username should be unique as a username can only be taken once in Snapchat.
3. Then it will take you to the next screen, where you would need to verify yourself. For that, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number or email address that you prefer for that. Just put that OTP in that place, and your account will be successfully verified.
4. The next step to create your public profile is to make your avatar in the Snapchat app. Just open Snapchat and tap on the left corner of your profile photo; there will be an option to create your avatar.
Once you see that option, tap on it.
5. It will open your camera screen and show a recommended profile icon. You can select anyone from them. Then you have to choose your skin tone, and there are a lot of skin tones available, select the one that best suits you.
After that, it will lead you to select outfits for your avatar. There are a lot of outfits available, choose your favourite outfit from there and tap on save, and your avatar is created successfully.
6. The next step to making a Snapchat profile public is to go to settings, scroll down to the “who can” section, and make all permissions for everyone.
7. After that, you need to quickly add a friend on Snapchat to make a Snapchat public profile. Send a friend request to any of your known persons. After they accept it, create a new public profile option that will be made available at your profile section; just tap on that create public profile option.
8. After that, close Snapchat and open it again, and at the top left corner, it will open create public profile section read all the details and on-screen instructions. After that, tap on the get started button there. It will open a pop-up.
Just read all terms and tap on creating a public profile, and your Snapchat public profile is successfully created.
What to post on a public profile on Snapchat
All the content you have already posted on Snapchat can reach your Public Profile audience, and try posting short clips of your life, like what happened at the birthday party or the place you visited.
After creating your video, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and put it on your story. You can take short videos like dancing, singing, playing cricket, acting.
How to edit the profile of the public account
To edit a public account profile, go to the new “Profile Management” section and tap anywhere to upgrade to the next screen. Go to the public profiles, and at the profile, tap Edit to add your profile picture, history, and other public information.
Tap at the edit or snap button to preview the entire Story and see what it will look like to your audience. To select a cover image, scroll to the image selector and choose the content from Your Saved Story.
A good title and cover photo will give your fans an idea of what is in store. When you’re done, press the save button at the upper right corner to publish your public stories in your Public Profile.
You can also go to the bitmoji or story icon to edit your public profile and edit your avatar or current profile photo.
A public profile on Snapchat grants access to various features:
A variety of public profiles on Snapchat are available, and for these profiles, you need to send a request to Snapchat and wait for approval or response. These profiles distinguish one creator from another.
At that time, making a basic Snapchat public profile was free to all customers. First, you will get a Subscribe button, and your viewers will subscribe to you for that. Let’s take a look at the basic social profile of Snapchat.
Your name will be displayed on all photos you post publicly. Your lenses will also be public, including your creations and favourites. You will benefit from added content on social media and photo maps.
You can access all the new features on the public profile card. You can access the bitmoji icon or make a bitmoji icon by using profile features for a basic tier public profile. You will also find a highlighting section on Snapchat and the gear icon that increases visibility.
You can also use showcase lenses or create lenses in the lens studio. You can add a wider audience to your friend list, make immediate friends and make a google form to separate subscribers and on the profile, tap to show subscriber count.
A recent update from Snapchat features a new location sharing feature. Snap Map lets you see your Snapchat contacts, share your current location, and view snapshots from nearby Snapchat customers at a specific event or location. The location-sharing feature is available worldwide.
Snap Map uses mobile technology to locate and map them in real-time. You can browse the map to see your relatives and view news from other Snapchat customers. You can click on their avatars to view the photos and photos they shared.
How to delete a public profile on Snapchat
(1) To delete your public profile on Snapchat, go to the top left corner of the Snapchat app and tap on the avatar icon.
(2) Then scroll down, there will be a feature called my public profile. Just tap on that it will take you to the next screen.
(3) In the next screen at the top right corner, the settings icon will tap on that and scroll down there, tap on the delete public account button, and your public account is successfully deleted.
So, that is all. Now you know how to create a public profile on Snapchat and also how to delete one.
I hope this article comes in handy.