Nowadays, working from home has become common. With the advancement in technology, everything is now available through the internet. The revolution in technology has brought along the new trend of online working, online meetings, and online classes.
These days even the interviews of the jobs are happening online. The most popular way to do it is to arrange an online meeting on a popular app/website, Google Meet. This article has a step-by-step guide to know how to schedule a Google Meet and how to create a new meeting through the Google Meet app.
In this work from the home era, seminars have become webinars, classes have become online classes, work from the office has become work from home, but one thing is clear, we cannot put a full stop to our work. In this scenario, Google Meet video conferencing is very helpful. It helps create group calls. Further in this article, we will tell you how to schedule a Google Meet using Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Meet app.
What is Google Meet
Google Meet is a very popular software option for arranging and creating a remote meeting. G-meet provides two options for creating a meet. First is, you can start an instant meeting and copy-paste the link to share with others. The second is, scheduling a meeting on the google calendar. You have an option to edit and write the purpose of the meeting.
Many users confuse between Google Meet and google hangouts. The two tools work differently, which leads us to our next point. Before telling you about ‘How to schedule a Google Meet?’ Let’s understand their difference.
Difference Between Google Meet and Google Hangouts
Google Hangouts is a free online tool and a messaging platform provided by Gmail that pops up a video call for you.
Google Meet is a platform with multiple tools to create a flexible meeting and working environment.
G-meet is preferable when the meeting is among a good number of people or business associates. The maximum participating limit is 500.
Let’s understand three different ways to know ‘How to schedule a Google Meet?’
How to Schedule a Google Meet using Google Calendar
How to schedule a Google Meet through Google Calendar for later? Here are the steps:
- Open Google Calendar app on your computer or mobile device, tap the plus icon appearing at the bottom right corner. Clicking on that icon would create a new event. You can choose the date and time of the meeting.
- Tap on ‘Add video conferencing.’ Google will then generate a link for you.
- Click Save.
After saving, you can select the meeting on your Google calendar app to see the meeting link. If you want to start the meeting right away, click ‘Join with Google Meet’ to open the call.
How to Schedule a Google Meet using Gmail
First, let’s learn how to schedule a Google Meet through Gmail on a computer.
Creating a meeting on laptop/computer
- Sign in to your Gmail account. Click the ‘Meet‘ option in the left corner sidebar.
2. Click on ‘New meeting.’ A pop-up window will appear on the screen with a fresh meeting link.
3. You can share this meeting link to invite others.
Creating an instant meeting on the phone
- Open the Gmail app on your phone through any Gmail id.
- Tap on the ‘Meet‘ icon in the bottom-right corner. The icon looks like a camera.
- Click on ‘New meeting.’
- It can start a meeting for you.
Also, you must know how to schedule a Google Meet through the Google Meet app, which takes us to our next method.
How to Schedule a Google Meet using the Google Meet App
- Open Google Meet on your device.
- Select ‘Start an instant meeting.’
- If you want to share the meeting information with the participants, click on ‘Get joining info‘ to share.
- If not an instant meeting, you can create a meeting and schedule it in Google calendar. Select schedule ‘Schedule in Google Calendar‘ to create and save a meeting for the future. You can refer to Google Calendar steps for further information.
What to do After Meeting Window Pops-Up
A waiting room type of window screen will open, where you can choose whether you want to allow access to your camera and microphone. After doing that, you have two options ‘Join Now‘ and ‘Present.’ If you click on Join Now, you will enter the meeting as a meeting participant. If you choose Present, you will enter the meeting as a presenter presenting your screen.
Basic Meeting Options
When you enter the meeting, you can turn on or off your camera and microphone as per your suitability. If you are not the host, you cannot share the screen until the host permits you.
You also have a chat option, which is helpful to interact with the meeting participants and the host by sending messages without interrupting. To end the meeting if you are a host or to leave a meeting if you are a guest, you can click the red phone icon at the bottom of the screen.
Edit meetings via Google Calendar
If you want to reschedule the meetings, you can edit the calendar event. You can easily change the audio settings or add a co-organizer via Google Calendar. You can also alter the date and time.
Steps to edit Google Meet meeting:
- Select the meeting you want to edit. Select the pencil icon. It will open up a small dialog box with editing options.
- You can change audio through the audio tab.
- In the GoToMeeting account, you can select a co-organizer.
Why Google Meet is Better than Hangouts
The meet is more enterprise-friendly. It enables you to start an instant meeting, schedule a Google Meet, host the meet, make any guests your co-hosts, you can add people, remove people, mute their audio if you are a host. On clicking join with Google Meet or through the Google Meet link, you can instantly join a meet. Through the calendar, you can edit the event.
Key Features of Google Meet Meeting
As a host, you can Admit or Deny entry of anyone. If somebody wants to enter the meet, a pop-up dialog box will appear like this:
There are video tiles during a video call on meet. When your mouse hovers over the screen’s grid, some icons appear.
- Pin icon-To stick the video tile on the screen.
- Unpin– To see everyone’s grid,
- Mute– To mute/unmute the participants.
- Minus icon– To remove anyone from the meet.
The three dots icon
By clicking on the three dots, a pop-up menu will appear. The menu has the following options:
- Whiteboard– To open a workspace for writing stuff to send to your guests.
- Change layout– To change the grid’s views.
- Fullscreen– To increase the width and height of the meet.
- Apply visual effects– To apply filters to your video.
- Captions– It will automatically generate captions of the incoming audio.
The bottom-right toolbar
To view the participants, click on the audience icon. If you want to invite more people, copy the link and click send. Besides that, there is the chat icon and some more admin tools.
The chat icon allows you to chat with guests. You can disable the chat menu also. The endless feature of meet makes it a more user-friendly and most suitable site/app for group video conferencing. We hope you understood ‘How to schedule a Google Meet?’ through various mediums.
You can read the following article to know about another special website, ‘Omegle,’ by clicking here.