In this article, we are going to give light on the topic that how to transfer files PC to iPhone, hope this article will help you.
These days, there is an iPhone user in every single space. Due to how much simpler managing files is using it, it has become more and more common over time. Even though this equipment may be excellent, there are a few drawbacks.
Its difficulty connecting to other devices, particularly those made by companies other than Apple, such as Windows PCs, is arguably one of its worst drawbacks.
But, as a responsible firm, Apple provides a method for transferring files outside of iOS. iTunes is the solution they proposed. It is a trustworthy and one of the oldest programs ever developed, and nearly all users are familiar with it.
The most efficient and secure methods to transfer files from a PC to an iPhone are compiled in this post. Let’s begin with the first entry we have for the day.
1. Methods for Transferring Files from a PC to an iPhone Without iTunes
Everyone who owns multiple devices will eventually learn that they must share information between them. If you own an iPhone, you may want to transfer files from your computer to your iPhone, but you might not be aware of the most efficient method.
Many users use iTunes at the moment, But, As previously noted, consumers are facing a lot of issues with iTunes. This is mainly because iTunes experiences delayed file transfers and frequently displays annoying error messages.
Whatever your motivation is for not utilizing iTunes, there are several practical methods you can employ when transferring your files from your computer to an iOS device, as this post has described. A few techniques you can utilize are listed below:
1.1. Method 1: From a PC to an iPhone, Use iCloud Drive to Transfer Files
iCloud is available to many Apple users, so you may already be acquainted with it. They refer to the storage disc of this service as iCloud Drive. People can save their work in iCloud Drive for later access.
Technically, cloud drives merely make your iOS device accessible to the data rather than transferring it to your iPhone. Your PC files can be viewed and edited on an apple device. This feature is available on a variety of platforms, including the Mac, Windows PC, Android, and iOS, and it can save films, photos, documents, and other media.
Using iCloud Drive is a wise decision if the things you wish to transfer are documents.
Listed below are a few activities you may perform with iCloud Drive:
- iCloud Drive allows you to transfer your files to all of your devices.
- Use apps that are iCloud-compatible to sync your info.
- Create folders and place your files inside of them.
- On the same document, collaborate with your coworkers.
- Exchange your files with others
That encapsulates iCloud’s functionalities. So, in addition to transferring data from PC to iPhone, you can also accomplish the following. The conditions for employing such a strategy are as follows:
- iOS device or the most recent Mac version
- a single Apple ID that will be used to access all of your devices on iCloud
Once these requirements are met, you can share the files without iTunes using iCloud Drive. Having stated that, there are various methods to accomplish that using this strategy.
Use the following procedures to send files from your PC to your iPhone via iCloud drive:
- Navigate to the iCloud website in a search engine.
- Locate the iCloud Drive folder by going to your Finder on a Mac or File Explorer on a Windows computer.
- See the downloaded files after they’ve been transmitted using the Files app, which is compatible with iOS 11 and later.
1.2. Method 2: Utilize Email to Send Files
Sending an email to yourself is the fastest and simplest option to share computer files on an apple device. Simply writing the address would be sufficient; a subject is not even required. You can email yourself files like songs, videos, documents, presentations, and PDFs.
But this approach also has some quite clear drawbacks. There are various restrictions, including the size of the files, network delays, and other problems.
Gmail and Yahoo! Mail accept attachments of up to 25 MB. So email is not the best means to send large files, films, or high-resolution photographs.
But if you don’t want to deal with these problems, look into other workable solutions.
- On your computer, make a new email and link the files you wish to send.
- Forward the email to your account, then verify it on your phone.
- To your device, download the file.
You can now keep files from your Computer in iCloud Drive after you open it. On the other hand, you can use your apple device to import such files without using iTunes. It can therefore assist you with this task.
The only disadvantage is that this requires an internet connection. Here is an alternative option you can use if you don’t desire to access the internet.
2. Methods for Transferring Files from a PC to an iPhone with iTunes
Would you like to transfer any data, photos, videos, or music from your PC to your iPhone? The most popular option for exchanging data in this manner is iTunes. However, many individuals find it a little difficult due to its flaws and special problems, such as the fact that it has crashed numerous times and runs slowly. Many customers are now puzzled by this and unclear about how to transfer files from PC to iPhone.
However, the good news is that you can use a variety of alternatives to iTunes. In this post, the solutions listed below will be examined.
2.1. Method 1: Utilize iTunes to Move Files from a PC to an iPhone.
iTunes is yet another integrated tool created by Apple. It differs from iCloud in that it was not designed as a cloud storage capability. Although iTunes is regarded as one of the most effective methods for moving files between devices, is it that effective?
When you struggle with transferring files from your computer to your iPhone, you will undoubtedly search for the most straightforward but reliable method. iTunes can share music files, images, videos, films, and other media from Computers to iPhones or other iOS devices, however, if you want to get additional files on your iPhone, you must first generate backup files with iTunes.
To use this functionality, you must do the following actions:
- Get iTunes for your Computer and install it. Try installing iTunes’ most recent edition on your device.
- After that, link your Apple device to your computer and select “Device” from the menu.
- Select any of the file-sharing file types, such as songs, films, pictures, and novels, from the left panel’s Summary section by navigating to the left panel.
- Press “Sync” after selecting the files you want to share.
- Select Done after that.
The necessary file will be transferred and saved on your Apple device at the designated spot. This is the original method of sharing files from a PC to an iPhone. Unfortunately, iTunes is currently not living up to consumer expectations, and utilizing iTunes has a few disadvantages.
Here are several examples:
- The PC version of iTunes is extremely slow, which is the first thing that will irritate you.
- Because it is outdated and hasn’t received any significant changes, it has lost efficiency. As a result, data are now lost or damaged during the transfer.
- Transferring music files via iTunes is challenging. Only paid music is supported.
- There can only be one connected library at once while using iTunes.
- All current data of a similar nature on your apple device will be destroyed if you move any data via iTunes to it.
- Reports of several issues and crashes.
It is regrettable what took place with iTunes. The program is no longer usable due to the bug issue and all the drawbacks. Therefore, it would be prudent for people to search for other environmentally friendly replacements.
2.2. Method 2. To Transfer Files From a PC to an iPhone, Use File Explorer
File Explorer is the file manager and sharing application for Windows-based computers. With the help of File Explorer, you may quickly access your files and directories.
You can also update and modify your data with this software. It typically controls the discs, folders, and data on your system.
The File Explorer program has been a feature of Microsoft Windows since Windows 95. The search function in File Explorer can be enabled and offers a sophisticated search technique. This function allows you to search for any data or files stored on the computer depending on numerous parameters.
The ability to copy and share multiple files at once in a single window or display is the function that users like the most. Frankly speaking, Transfer Files from a computer to an apple phone Using File Explorer is the most straightforward method.
However, several prerequisites must be completed before you can apply this technique.
Here are the prerequisites:
- A newer iPhone
- Windows 7 and above
- USB cord
I think that’s it. As soon as you have these three main things, you can use File Explorer to share files from your computer to your apple device without iTunes.
You can complete them by completing the following actions:
- Utilize a USB cord to link the apple device to your Windows computer.
- Open a Windows session of File Explorer after you are linked.
- Go to My Computer or This PC now, based on your version of Windows.
- Visit the drive that corresponds to your linked apple device here.
- When you’ve accessed the designated drive, go to Internal Storage.
- And after that, locate the files you want to share. When you have selected them, drag them to your computer. You can put it anywhere you like, as long as it’s on your Desktop PC and not an apple product.
Although it could take a while, it ought to be accomplished as quickly as feasible. This time, it only works with particular Windows versions. You have one more choice if yours does not support this way.
Every day, files are moved from a PC to an iPhone. Therefore, you must be familiar with PC-to-iPhone and iPhone-to-PC file transfers.
There are essentially two ways for sharing files from a PC to an iPhone. Either using iTunes or not using iTunes is required. Even though they all serve the same purpose, each has its own set of perks and downsides. You must choose which approach suits your situation the best.
No matter what method you decide to employ, we advise that you constantly preserve backups of your files, especially if you are sharing them. In this way, issues like data loss can be avoided.
Also read: How to Add Text Box in Google Docs