Well, as you may already know from personal experience, moving data from an Android phone to an iPhone is a difficult operation, especially if you are unfamiliar with the proper procedure or tools to use. Transferring images from one device to another requires additional caution because you don’t want to lose your treasured memories, right?
Direct transfers are not feasible since Android and iPhone devices run on different operating systems. So, How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone? There are a variety of high-quality third-party tools that can assist you in transferring photos from Android to iPhone.
Suppose you’re transferring from an Android device to the new iPhone 13. In that case, the following instruction will show you how to transfer images from an Android device to an iPhone instead of using a computer. It shows you how to transfer images from your computer to your iPhone in a variety of ways.
There are a variety of approaches, each with its own set of benefits and cons. We’ll go over all of the finest techniques we’ve found in this article, whether you’re using your computer or an internet service.
Different ways to transfer photos from android to iPhone
1.) How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone using the offline method
We’ll start by looking at how to move images from one device to another via your computer (PC or Mac). There’s no need to worry about needing to upload or saving your content online because this doesn’t involve the usage of the internet or cloud services.
Step 1: Transfer photos from your Android to your computer.
PC (Windows) (the smart way)
PC (Windows) (drag-and-drop)
MacBook or Mac
Step 2: Transfer photos from your computer to your iPhone.
2.) How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone using the online method
You can, on the other hand, employ internet techniques to transfer your content if you don’t want to use your computer.
Quickly navigate to
Move to the iOS app
Step 1: Copy photos from Android to the Computer/Mac
1.1) How to copy photos from Android to PC in a smart way
We recommend Droid Transfer for transferring data from Android to PC if you’re using Windows on your computer.
Droid Transfer allows you to access all of your Android data from your computer and simply transfer what you need to the computer.
The advantage of this method is that it allows you to create a differential backup of your photos. This means you can smartly copy only photos that you haven’t already copied to your preferred PC folder. This saves you a lot of time searching through your photo library to see if you’ve already backed up certain photos.
Here’s how to use Droid Transfer to transfer your Android photos:
- Droid Transfer can be downloaded and installed on your Windows PC.
- Install the free Transfer Companion app on your Android device and connect it to your computer via USB or Wi-Fi (Set-Up Guide).
- Select ‘Export Photos.’
- Choose a destination on your computer where you want to save your photos.
- Droid Transfer will scan the selected folder for existing photos and notify you of any photos on your Android phone that have not yet been backed up.
- Click “Export” to save all of these photos to the folder of your choice.
This method is great because it prevents you from accidentally copying photos that you have already copied, reducing the risk of duplicates. It also makes it very simple if you need to back up your photos regularly (which is recommended).
As you can see, Droid Transfer allows you to view all of your photos and videos and many other types of data such as Messages, Contacts, Call Logs, and more! As a result, the software has become a must-have for Android users who need to transfer data between Android and PC.
After copying all of your desired photos to your computer, proceed to Step 2 to learn how to transfer them to your iPhone.
1.2) Drag and drop your photos from Android to PC
If you don’t mind the risk of creating duplicates of your photos, you can simply drag and drop your photos from your Android to a folder on your PC, as described in Method 1.
Let’s see how it works:-
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a cable.
- Open File Explorer and choose your device from the left-hand menu.
- Find your photos. They are usually found in the DCIM > Camera folder.
- Drag the photos you wish to send into a folder on your computer.
1.3) Copy the photos from Android to Mac
Macs do not support native file transfers from Android devices. As a result, we’ll need to employ the free Android File Transfer app.
You can use this app to navigate and copy data from your Android phone to your Mac. Let’s take a look at how it’s done:
- On your Mac, download and install Android File Transfer.
- Connect your Android to your Mac using a cable.
- Start Android File Transfer.
- Look in the DCIM and/or Pictures folders for your photos.
- Drag and drop the photos you want to use onto your Mac.
After copying all of your desired photos to your Mac, proceed to Step 2 to learn how to transfer them to your iPhone.
Step 2: Now send data from the Computer to iPhone
You’re ready to transfer your photos from Android to iPhone now that you’ve copied them from Android to the computer.
- To begin, launch iTunes on your computer. If you’re running macOS Catalina or higher, iTunes has been replaced, so launch Finder instead.
- On your computer, launch iTunes/Finder.
- Connect iPhone using a cable.
- When your device is discovered in iTunes/Finder, select it.
- Select the Photos tab.
- Tick the Sync Photos box, then select which photos to copy from your computer to your iPhone, as well as whether or not to include videos.
- Once you’ve decided, click ‘Apply’ to begin the transfer to your iPhone.
This method explains How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone without the use of an internet connection.
2.1) Online Method (no computer needed)
How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone using the Google Photos app
Cloud services are an excellent way to store data, and the Google Photos app is a perfect example. The benefits of storing data in the cloud include the ability to save storage space on your device and access that data from any device that has internet access.
The procedure for this process is very simple (but we’ll go over it in more detail below). The only drawback is that users only get 15 GB of free storage in Google Photos (which can fill up really fast with quality photos and videos). If you need more space, you’ll have to pay a Google subscription fee.
- Without further ado, let’s see about using Google Photos to sync your photos between Android and iPhone. Confirm that you have backed up your Android photos if you haven’t already. Open the Google Photos app on your Android device and sign in to your Google account. Press the profile icon in the upper corner of the app > select “Photos settings” > “Back up & Sync” > turn on “Back up & Sync.” Your device will start backing up your photos to Google Photos cloud storage; this process may take a little time based on the quantity of media you need to back up.
- When the backup is finished, take your iPhone and open the App Store app.
- Install “Google Photos” on your device from Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your Google account and open Google Photos on your iPhone (this must be the same Google account used on your Android).
- Then, in the top-right corner of the app, tap your profile icon. Go to “Photos settings” > “Back up & Sync” > toggle “Back up & sync” on, just like you did on your Android device. You may be asked to grant Google Photos access to your photos.
Once completed, all photos from your Android and iPhone devices will be saved in a collective library in Google Photos cloud storage. Any of those photos and videos can be viewed on an Android or iPhone.
In addition, whenever you take a new photo on either device, it will be uploaded to Google Photos, allowing users to access even newer photos on your other devices.
This method explains How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone with the use of an internet connection.
3.) How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone, using Move to iOS app
Apple has their own app called “Move to iOS” for users who want to switch from Android to the Apple ecosystem.
The free app is an excellent way to transfer all of your content from an Android device to a new iPhone. Importantly, the downside to this method is that this method must be used during the setup of a new iPhone, not one already set up.
So, if you’ve already set up and started using your new iPhone, you might want to try a different solution than the one in this guide.
How does Move to iOS software work to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone…
1. Make sure your Android device’s WiFi is turned on.
2. Install the ‘Move to iOS’ app from the Google Play store on your Android device.
3. Turn on your iPhone and Android device.
4. Look for the “Apps & Data” screen while setting up your new iPhone (the “Apps & Data” screen appears only during the initial setup of an iPhone).
5. On the Apps and Data screen, tap ‘Move Data from Android.’
6. On your Android device, open the ‘Move to iOS’ app and tap Continue.
(Please read the terms and conditions.) Tap ‘Agree’ and then ‘Next’ in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen to proceed.)
7. On your iPhone, tap Proceed on the ‘Move from Android’ screen;
8. Next, wait for a ten- or six-digit code to show up. (If your Android device displays an alert indicating a poor internet connection, ignore it.)
9. On your Android phone, enter the code and wait for the ‘Transfer Data’ screen to appear.
10. On your Android device, choose the photos and videos you want to transfer and press the ‘Next’ button. Then, even if your Android says the process is finished, leave both devices unattended until the loading bar on your iPhone finishes. Based on how many photos you want to transfer, the transfer may take some time.
11. When the loading bar on your iPhone finishes, tap ‘Done’ on your Android device. Then, on your new iPhone, tap ‘Continue’ and follow the prompts to complete the iOS device setup.
12. Confirm that all of your chosen photos and videos have been transferred from your old Android device to your new iPhone. Make sure to leave both devices unattended until the transfer is complete. If you use the phone or receive a phone call on your Android before the transfer is complete, your photos will not transfer and you must repeat the process.
In addition to transferring photos and videos, the ‘Move to iOS’ app can also be used to transfer text messages from Android to iPhone.
Once the migration is complete, you can proceed with the iPhone setup!
This method explains How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone during setting up the iPhone.
4.) How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone, using email
The final method worth mentioning briefly in this guide is probably the most basic: using email for photo sharing.
All you’ll need is an email address to send photos from Android to iPhone.
- Open the Photos app on your Android device.
- Long press a photo to send to activate multiple selections and select it. Tap to select all of the other photos you want to send.
- At the top of your screen, tap the Share icon.
- Select either Email or Gmail.
- Fill in your email address there in “To” field, then press the Send button.
- Use your iPhone to access your email.
- Long-press one of the image attachments, then select “Save Images.” The images will be stored on your iPhone, where they will be accessible through the Photos app.
- The disadvantage of this method is that the number of photos you can send in a single email is somehow limited. Gmail, for example, limits the size of attachments in emails to 25MB.
This method explains How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone without losing any image quality.
5.) How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone, using Dr Fone?
If you are unsure about which method to use for transferring photos from Android to iPhone, compare the quality and speed of the selected mode. To be honest, the tool that meets all of these requirements is the Dr Fone toolkit, which is a complete solution that is well designed to address all mobile-related issues and tasks.
Dr Fone is ideal because it allows you to transfer data across different devices regardless of the operating system. For example, if you want to transfer photos from Android to iPad/iPhone and vice versa, you can do so quickly by using one of the two methods listed below:
5.1) Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone through Dr Fone –
Dr Fone – Phone Transfer is a software package that allows you to transfer photos from your Android device to your iPhone.
If you are going to replace your Android with a new iPhone, use Dr Fone to transfer all of your data to the new phone.
Photos, contacts, videos, and social media messages are all examples of content.
Launch Dr Fone toolkit after downloading and installing it.
Then, from the option, select “Phone Transfer.”
Connect your Android and iPhone to the computer now.
Step 3: Easily connect the device, it will identify it and identify it as the ‘Source’ or ‘Destination‘ phone. Make sure the Android phone is the Source and the iPhone is the Destination in this case. The Flip button allows you to change their position.
Step 4: At last, select the files to be transferred (photos) and press the Start Transfer button.
That was all. It will now start to transfer photos from Android to iPhone.
This method explains How to transfer pictures from android to iPhone after doing the setup with the use of Dr Fone
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
So now you know a better way to transfer photos from Android to iPhone, let me answer some frequently asked questions by Android phone users.
How to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone wirelessly?
You can wirelessly transfer photos from Android to iPhone using the free apps i.e. Move to iOS, Google Photos or Dr Fone as described above in the blog.
Though there are other ways to transfer photos from Android to iPhone, I have provided the four simplest methods to solve the question of how to transfer pictures from android to iPhone that you can now use without any difficulty. However, before deciding to transfer pictures from Android to iPhone, make sure that the pictures and videos you’re moving, including what’s on your external Micro SD card, don’t reach the maximum available space on your iOS device. So far, we’ve discussed the best methods for transferring photos from your Android device to your iPhone. You should now have all of the necessary information to make the switch.
- Droid Transfer is the most reliable method for transferring Android content to a PC.
- Sending a quick email to yourself may be a quick way to transfer a handful of images.
- When you are switching from Android to a new iPhone, Move to iOS may be the best option for you.
Thank you for your time!