App updates on Samsung Smart TV are necessary for reliable performance; however, it is essential to know how to update them. I’ll explain “how to update Samsung Smart tv” to you in this section.
The world’s best screen is used in Samsung smart TVs, which are extremely popular in the market. It has improved people’s perceptions of the media. Nowadays, connecting these traditional media servers and set-top boxes is no longer necessary.
You can access Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, PLEX, HBO, YouTube, and Spotify with the built-in WiFi connection feature on the Samsung Smart TV, which will keep you entertained. You can even cast to a Samsung smart tv. Even though you sometimes need to improve the capabilities of some devices, such as the Apple TV, Google TV, and Amazon Fire Stick 4K.
In addition, for your smart TV to function properly, you must ensure that the apps are up to date and that you have a reliable internet connection. These are the fundamentals of using a smart TV.
1. How to Automatically Update Samsung Smart TV Apps
Similar to your phone or laptop, the operating system of your Samsung Smart TV updates itself whenever you turn it on. The best feature of this auto-update is that you will no longer miss any updates. Set Samsung smart tv apps to update automatically by following these easy steps.
- First and foremost, check to see that your Samsung television is online.
- Now select support from the settings menu.
- Auto-update can be turned on after selecting software updates.
- Select the app from the menu.
- Now, select my apps and choose options from the following menu.
- You can turn on automatic updates after that.
It will begin the installation process when it detects a new update. Depending on your auto-update option, you may have to wait a minute or so. The fact that you have to wait a long time to access the Smart Hub when you turn on your smart TV is one disadvantage. Check out how to check your smart tv model number here. However, this procedure does not apply to Samsung Smart TV models released in 2013, 2014, or 2015. If you own an older model, follow the steps listed below.
1.1. 2015 model number:
Select the smart hub by pressing the menu button on your television remote. Next, turn on auto-update for the app and game.
1.2. 2014 model number:
- Hold down the menu button on your television remote control.
- Additionally, select smart hub before accessing the app settings menu.
- Select auto-update now.
1.3. 2013 model number:
After selecting apps and going to more apps, press the smart hub on your television remote. You can then follow the screen prompts to add apps.
2. How Do I Manually Update Apps on My Samsung Smart TV?
- Press the Smart hub or Home buttons on your Samsung television remote control. Keep in mind that television models vary from one model to the next.
- The option to “on and off” your auto-update will now appear when you select my apps from the home menu button on your smart hub; proceed to turn off your auto-update.
- You will be notified whenever you select an app whether or not updates are available.
- To begin the update process, just follow the on-screen instructions.
- The app will open after you update it, and you can use it.
3. How to Update Samsung Smart TV by Using the Internet
- Turn on your Samsung television and select the setting menu button. There, you can choose software updates and support from a drop-down menu.
- Now, if the update is available, select it.
- How to Use a USB to Update Your Samsung Smart TV
- If you have any desire to introduce firmware refreshes locally, you can follow the means down underneath utilizing a USB streak drive.
- To begin downloading the most recent version of the software update, you must first visit the Samsung download centre.
- The search box lets you enter the model number of your television, which will take you to the model’s support page. Keep in mind that your model number should appear like this: KN89EE2345ZGYA).
- Select the information page now, scroll down to the manual, and then download it.
- If you want to download the software update to your laptop, you can either choose to see more options or select the download option again. The firmware file that you download from the website must have the extension and be compressed. EXE.
- The USB flash drive should be inserted into your laptop.
- When you download the file, it will ask you where you want to keep the unzipped file. You can choose a USB flash drive with enough space.
- You can install the file once more into the Samsung television’s USB port after unzipping it from the USB flash drive. Important Remark: Make sure that no other USB devices are plugged into any of the USB ports if you have more than one.
- You can now select Smart Hub or Home icon from your Samsung television remote; once you do so, the gear-shaped icon on your television screen will appear.
- The USB option can be found by selecting support, followed by a software update and update now.
- Scanning the USB will only take a few minutes, according to a message that will appear on your screen.
- Follow the additional instructions that appear on your television screen to begin the updating process.
- The displays message software update will be installed and ready to use when the Samsung smart tv restarts automatically.
- Go to the software update and select “Update Now” to confirm that the most recent update has been successfully installed.
Do not turn off the television during the update; once the software has been updated, it will restart automatically.
4. How Do I Add Firmware Files to My Samsung Smart TV?
Follow the steps below to easily perform the firmware update on your Samsung Smart TV once your USB with firmware update files has been completed.
- After inserting the USB into your Samsung smart TV, use the remote to select the home icon.
- From the settings interface, select support, then software update, then update right away.
- From your remote control, select the USB option and select the option that says yes.
- After that, you’ll see the message “scanning USB,” which will take more than a minute to appear on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the most recent software at this point.
- Once installed, firmware updates will end and your television will automatically restart; wait until the update is finished before turning it off.
- Now, go back and examine Software Update’s user interface.
- You will receive the most recent update if you select update now.
5. How to Reset Your Smart TV Without Using the Remote
When your Samsung television stops working, you may not be able to purchase a new one right away. Learn how to reset your Samsung television without using the remote because of this.
- After turning on your Smart TV and holding down the power button for fifteen seconds, wait for it to turn off automatically.
It will then reset itself automatically. Isn’t that straightforward? The problem is that not all Samsung televisions are eligible for this step. You can try using the “without PIN” option if this doesn’t work. Nonetheless, I advise purchasing the new remote.
6. How to Unlock Your Samsung Television Without a PIN
Finding the Samsung support page from your smart TV first and going to the diagnostic centre is by far the easiest way to fix the bugs on your Samsung TV. Your television will be reset to its factory settings.
- Using the security PIN you created before resetting the device through the diagnostic centre, you can still reset your Samsung TV without using the remote if you are unable to reset using the first method above. The default pin for Samsung televisions is typical “0000,” so you’ll need to change it and reset your device.
There is nothing to worry about if you forget the security PIN. Simply adhere to these easy steps:
- First, press mute and turn off your Samsung smart TV.
- And press the power button while simultaneously pressing 8-2-4 in that order.
- You can then select reset and click “yes” to complete the process.
It’s over! Simple.
7. How to Use a Remote to Reset Your Samsung Smart TV
Set the Smart TV to its default setting from the remote control if it is functioning properly. If not, you can proceed in the other directions outlined above. If all is well, proceed to the following step:
- Hold down the power button on your remote control until the television turns on.
- Navigate to the menu tab on the main menu.
- Press enter after scrolling down using the navigation key for interaction.
- Select Self-Diagnostic by pressing the middle button on the remote control.
- Select Enter and enter your security PIN when the reset window appears.
- To return your smart TV to factory settings, select Yes.
(Note: Samsung TV automatically turns off and on while this process is going on; do not use the remote to turn it off.)
If something goes wrong with your updates on your Samsung smart TV, simply follow this guide. I hope this article is useful to everyone facing issues with a Samsung smart tv.