- Most of the binging time revolves around YouTube these days, and we need it for educational videos, entertainment, memes, news, and possibly anything else. Various YouTubers are hardworking enough to make their livelihood not only make one but make it lavish too. They were rewarded with fame as well. Making videos of the things you love and become famous for doesn’t sound like a bad deal, does it?
- We have all experienced that and wandered about making our videos, be it a blog or whatever you fancy. It isn’t as easy, there are so many problems along the way, and one of them is “recording.” It also is one of the biggest ones; either the quality is too degraded, or the audio quality isn’t good enough. The aspect ratio might not be synchronized with the screen sizes. The problems are endless, and one good camera can usually be the cure for all of them.
- With the rising popularity of this platform, even cinema actors are moving on to this platform. With the rising competition among the creators, the content keeps getting finer and finer.
- There are actual directors and photographers recording content for their YouTube channels. In this case, it is essential to stand out and understand the basics of sound recording and editing videos so your content can stand out.
- The kind of camera you use also depends on your requirements. Whether you are a teacher trying to shoot online lectures, whether you do review videos or make cooking videos, you can also be a blogger or just a gamer trying to become a streamer, there are endless options out there, and not one single camera might be the best for all of them.
In this article, you can brief yourself on different cameras and which one might be best for you.
Aspects of a Camera
We assume that all you know is that you are dedicated to shooting content for your YouTube channel, and we will guide you through the rest.
Before choosing the best camera for YouTube and your content, you probably should know the following terms.
Aperture is the opening of the hole in a camera lens that determines the amount of light entering inside a lens, which decides the image’s brightness. The larger the aperture, the brighter the image; the smaller the aperture, the lower the aperture. Not always do we need a bright image as sometimes the environment is just too bright and results in overexposed pictures.
This is why lower apertures can be helpful in such conditions. An excellent aperture makes your choice the best camera for YouTube.
It is the speed with which the shutter shutters for capturing an image; the high shutter speed usually captures fast-moving objects. But the aperture lowers when this happens. This is where the camera quality matters. Some cameras can capture high shutter speeds with high apertures resulting in better quality images even in low light. If you want to capture fast-moving objects in a dark atmosphere, then a camera with the following features is necessary.
The shutter speed and aperture both when combined from the exposure of an image, lower shutter speeds, and higher apertures are usually responsible for bright images. On the other hand, faster shutter speeds and lower apertures are responsible for dark images. There are limits to which exposures can go up or down, which solely depends upon the camera; a better camera can usually help you shoot both dark and light images and videos.
You must have heard of the quality settings on YouTube settings a video. Frame rate usually refers to the number of frames that the shutter captures in a second (each frame is captured when a single shutter; thus, in each second, the flaps shutters 60 or 30 times, corresponding to millions of shutters in a whole video).
Some videos have different frame rate settings, usually 30 fps or 60 fps; the higher the frame rate rises responsible for, the more realistic quality of the video.
Generally, a video’s quality is the pixels present per square. The different qualities in YouTube are 144p, 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 720p60, 1080p, 4k, 8k. And the higher the pixel density, the better the quality. With better quality comes larger memories. It is often harder to process larger videos, and a heavy processor is required. It is usually expensive and more power-consuming, making it less common for most people to have the best cameras out there as they are usually expensive.
Different file formats are available on a variety of cameras. The mp4 and MKV are some standard file formats for videos out there. Some raw qualities preserve all of the camera settings for better editing of the videos and the best quality. Editing software can read the original settings of the camera while editing and make various changes to the video in this format. Still, it comes with higher storage and heavier software.
The cameras don’t always need to be a considerable investment, and they don’t always need to be professional cameras, aka DSLRs. If you are a beginner and don’t know what camera to choose, you can use a phone to shoot your videos, and it can be better than you think. Most YouTubers prefer phone cameras over professional ones as they are easier to work with and require less knowledge to operate.
Phone cameras also vary depending on the camera’s qualities. There are a lot of cameras to choose from, and deciding which one needs some knowledge about how they work, don’t worry because we are here to explain it all to you.
YouTube videos work according to the algorithms, so it’s essential to make the content according to the audience; the time duration should also be chosen accordingly.
Top 10 Cameras to Record YouTube Videos
- Choosing a video camera in 2022 can be very hard as endless options exist. Choosing a camera that meets your requirements is quite hard to decide.
- Video quality, operating system, speed, and, quite importantly – price tag can be valuable things to remember before buying a camera for your needs. Improvements happen in mobile cameras every day. With that, investing in an excellent mobile phone can be a wise idea.
Top 3 Phone Cameras
iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro max
Of the several options, iPhone cameras have always been very promising and always at par with the quality. The latest model of iPhones is the iPhone 13, which has a fantastic camera.
- The camera features a triple camera.
- Primary lens: this lens does most of the work in this spectacular mobile phone. It features a more extensive and faster sensor than the models of 2020. Another great feature of the camera is to shift the sensors within no time. The primary mode can be shifted to ultra-wide and visa versa.
- Ultra-wide lens: The ultra-wide lens on this phone features to shoot premium quality ultra-wide pictures and videos. The quality is almost cinematic, except the pixels on the edge show a minute disfiguration.
- Telephoto lens: The telephoto lens in this camera is yet another advancement compared to the 2020 models, as the optical zoom has shifted to 3x.
- This iPhone offers excellent quality and is a great phone at the same time. Even large-scale movies are shot by this phone!! In a broader sense, it is an excellent investment if you are not familiar with professional cameras and want a good-to-go and easy-to-use camera.
- The iPhone 13 pro has very efficient video stabilization, which allows you to capture smoothly compared to older models.
Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra
Many YouTube content creators are shifting to android phones for recording their content. This is because of the lower price and wide applications of these. The significant improvement in this phone camera was the introduction of a dual-tele setup. There is a primary wide and an ultra-wide, which adds to the functionality and wide usage.
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.76″, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 64 MP, f/2.0, 29mm (telephoto), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 1.1x optical zoom, 3x hybrid zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55″ 1.4µm, Super Steady video
- Features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama.
- Single10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.24″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Features Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- This camera is debated to be the best smartphone camera out there.
- So pretty much all of the Samsung galaxy s21 hype so far has focused solely on that mega-expensive s21 ultra dual telephoto lens and its posh 100 times space zoom and a whole load of other features that nobody ever really needs (not unless you want to be like spying on your neighbors or doing some other freaky.), thus making it the best camera for YouTube.
- The vanilla Galaxy s21 doesn’t boast that same snazzy zoom action. Still, you get many of the same great features in that ultra, including fantastic video tools and improved photo capture compared with previous Samsung flagship phones.
- First, let’s have a quick squint of that hardware setup. After thoroughly testing that triple-lens camera setup on the back of the galaxy s21, it also shares with the galaxy s21 plus. You get a triple-lens camera; it consists of a 12-megapixel primary sensor with optical image stabilization and is used in dual pixel autofocus, thus making it the best camera for YouTube.
- It also has a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens and a 64-megapixel telephoto lens, which doesn’t offer much in the way of actual optical zoom but does come back in the race once again. Now let’s start with a look at the photo auto mode, which gets a lot of action for most users, and Samsung once again offers its scene optimizer feature here, which can be toggled on or off, so with this kept on.
- You’ll find that the Galaxy s21 often boosts colors and tinkers with the general aesthetics to produce a standout shot which you may enjoy depending on your taste but knock it off. You’re guaranteed relatively natural-looking results in almost any condition. One impressive thing was how well the s21 handled intense lighting while some rivals’ oversaturated elements were seen.
- Samsung flagship often produced slick-looking well-balanced picks; however, it was noticed that the Galaxy s21 in test shots didn’t capture as much finer detail as some rivals like the pixel 5, especially when shooting a subject up close.
- You have a 64-megapixel mode if you want to bump up the megapixel count from 12, but as this uses the telephoto lens, I found that it only worked well in optimal conditions; otherwise, you can expect even fuzzier results. And the s21 also excels in capturing moving subjects like small children off their feet on sherbet; that dual pixel autofocus is super fast and often super accurate when the lighting is a bit more ambient, which will surely make it the best camera for YouTube.
- The s21 still handles it like a boss, and it is found that in shallow light, Samsung’s little star started to shine on that auto mode; you get impressively bright and detailed snaps better than most rivals.
- With Google’s night, sight smarts flip to the s21’s 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, and you’ll capture quite dramatic shots with a different viewpoint. Much more intriguing is that 64-megapixel telephoto lens, which only improves the overall picture. Flick on the night mode, and things get even sharper and brighter, although, at this point, the Pixel 5 still offers more accurate tones. As usual, color accuracy does take a hit, but nothing too troublesome.
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Features and Specifications
- Like the standard pixel six, it is fingerprinted all the way. As for storage, you can’t expand the 128 gigs of default storage here. On the pixel 64 no micro SD memory card support, but you can throw extra cash at google to double that storage to 256 gigs.
- Now that 6.7-inch OLED display on the pixel 6 pro is absolute eye candy. It’s a quad HD plus panel, 3120 by 1440 pixel resolution. So even though it’s pretty damn spacious, you’ve got pin-sharp visuals no matter what you’re up to. If you want that 256-gigs beast model, your only color option is black.
- Checking out photos, just watching a bit of Netflix or Disney, plus going for the hdr support as well.
Of course, so lovely natural-looking colors and sharp contrast as well when you’re watching hdr content on Netflix. But also a punchy vivid poppy in your face when you are streaming A bit of Pixar or something like that on Disney plus, and you’ve got an auto-refresh option here on the pixel 6 pros as well.
- So that display can automatically scale from 60 to 120 hertz, depending on what you’re up to and whether you’re using it to provide that maximum fluidity. When needed, google did mention in its briefing that the pixel 6 pro model was capable of dropping to 10-hertz refresh as well when absolutely nothing’s Happening on screen.
- So hopefully, that should help to preserve the battery life to keep it going all day long. No worries now; as mentioned before, there’s no headphone jack here on the pixel 6 pros, sadly, but you do get some reliable Bluetooth 5.2 support, and you also have a stereo speaker setup.
- It’s rather loud on that top volume but has good clarity, but what about the performance? Well, one of the headline features here is pixel 6. The pixel 6 pro model is the fact that it’s using Google’s new tensor chipset freshly designed for these pixel smartphones. Here on the pro model, that’s backed by 12 gigs of ddr5 ram and indeed, if you’re into your geeky chipset shenanigans, this sounds like an absolute blinder.
It’s got its custom which can help with the machine learning features buried away here in the pixel 6 pros. So, for instance, you’ve got lots of text-to-speech and Speech-to-text tools.
- The tensor chipset also bought a 20-core GPU. You’ve also got built-in 5g support In that tensor chipset, but it is just sub 6 here in the UK.
- You have also got wi-fi 6e support built in here as well. So on the connectivity front, I also know it’s buried away in the spec sheet that the pixel 6 pro model supports ultra-wideband tech, which you don’t get in the standard pixel six.
- As For your battery tech, it’s a relatively spacious 5,000-milliamp cell crammed into that Godzilla-like frame. Hopefully, it should keep you going all day long, especially if that tensor chipset proves to be as energy-efficient as google is.
- So one of the great reasons to get a pixel smartphone is always the camera tech, and for the Pixel 6 series, Google has gone all out with its upgrades. First up, you’ve got Google’s fresh new tensor chipset with built-in ISP for faster and more energy-efficient image processing. Google has completely overhauled the camera hardware for the pixel 6 series, so you got a 50-megapixel primary sensor two and a half times bigger than the Pixel 5, which will surely make it the best camera for YouTube.
- So google is no longer relying just on software smarts for those lovely looking low lights shots, and that’s all on top of a bevy of new features for shooting and editing great-looking picks on the go, now it’s testing both pixel 6 and the pixel 6 pro model side by side to see if these are the best camera phones of 2022, so here’s the full camera review.
- First, a shout-out to Google’s camera UI, which packs quite a lot in but keeps things as simple and streamlined as possible. We’ve also got a couple of great privacy-related features baked straight into android 12, so you’ll notice that when any app starts using the camera, you will get a little notification flash up top as well as a green dot that appears full time in that top right corner just so you’re aware.
- On top of that, inside the camera app, you’ve also got a shortcut to either save your photos to your gallery as usual, or it will stash them away in a password-protected secure folder which is handy for those more personal picks. Now the Pixel 6 and the pixel 6 pro’s 50-megapixel primary shooter boasts optical image stabilization, and it can staff out impressively natural-looking photos any time of day, thus making it the best camera for YouTube.
- Google has worked a lot, making sure it is the best camera for YouTube. Those pixel phones can capture accurate colors and skin tones in any light rather than boosting them to make scenes look artificially vibrant. So yeah, some pasty mug looks as colorless in any test shots as in real life.
- The Pixel 6 phones occasionally struggle with close-ups as the field depth seems narrow. Hence, you are the best shot at a bit of a distance from your subject, although that depth of field effect does at least help your subject to stand out, even without swapping into the portrait mode.
- It does zoom in rugged but still produces fantastic photos even if it struggles with more manic hair kids. When pets usually come out well with minimal motion blur, even when they won’t get ready well, keep still unless the lighting is a bit more ambient, thus making it the best camera for YouTube.
- The night sight feature now automatically activates whenever the lighting is a bit crap, but you can turn off that setting if you want to. Personally, though, it should be kept on because it makes a good impact test photo. The colors and high-contrast shots are also effectively captured even though the detail levels aren’t as strong as some of the competition, like that Galaxy s21.
- Now, one of the fresh new camera features that google has chucked into the pixel 6 series of smartphones is the motion mode, although this feels like a total gimmick.
- Action pan adds an aesthetic blur to the background for moving subjects while keeping them primarily sharp. However, if your subject is running by other humans, they’ll have the same effect applied to them more often than not, sometimes with decidedly freaky consequences.
- You’ve also got an extended exposure mode chucked in there as well, which is handy if you want to take a snap of a waterfall or cars moving at night that sort of shenanigans; at any point, you can quickly switch to the pixel 6 or pixel 6 pro’s 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens if you need to fit more into a frame. The good news is that this shooter can still produce natural-looking picks for the majority of situations, thus making it the best camera for YouTube.
- With reduced edge distortion compared with many rivals only when indoors, it is noticed that colors appeared slightly warmer now on the standard Pixel 6 phone. You don’t have a dedicated telephoto shooter, but you can’t still jump to two-times digital zoom with a quick tap and pinching in. You can boost that up to seven times digital zoom; at the two times zoom level, your pixel will still look clean and sharp, but anything over that ends up being somewhat fuzzy and a bit pants.
- However, in its first significant deviation, the pixel 6 pro serves up a proper billy big bollocks 48-megapixel telephoto shooter with four times optical zoom, so if you want to snap away from afar, this is a considerable improvement at the top 20 times super res zoom things are once again quite grainy. Still, at four-time zoom, you will get impressive detail packed into every pick, and things stay pretty crisp up to around 8 to 10 times zoom level.
- Now both pixel 6 phones can shoot up to 4k resolution video at either 30 or 60 frames per second. Unlike most rivals, pixel 6 can automatically capture stunning footage when there is intense contrast audio. You’ve got hdr smarts, and you don’t have to activate it manually.
- Coming through transparent colors, they appear natural, and stabilization is beautifully smooth even at top resolution; even in quite ambient light, the results are often decent. Not completely crippled by grain, you could swap between all those rear lenses on the fly as you shoot for a good bit of flexibility.
- The standard Pixel 6 sports an 8-megapixel selfie cam and does a decent job as long as the conditions are alright. Low light snaps can look grainy when viewed on a big screen, though taunts are not quite as accurately captured, and any motion often causes blurry picks. Still, if the lightning is respectable, things look much brighter and sharper, and the Pixel 6 pro upgrades the selfie cam to an 11.1-megapixel selfie shooter with a slightly wider angle for cramming.
- More heads or background action takes place, and the actual quality is the same as pixel 6. However, the pixel 6 pros can shoot video at a mighty 4k resolution using that front-facing selfie cam, unlike the standard pixel 6 that tops off at full HD.
- So if you’re into a bit of vlogging, then you might be more tempted by the pro. Now, if you want to edit your picks on the fly to share online, then one of the other fresh new features that Google has chucked into the pixel 6 series of smartphones is the magic eraser tool, and it’s pretty freaking fantastic.
- There is imposing in your shots, and the background will look a bit janky; you’ll still have things like shadows and stuff to contend with.
- The main advantage of that port is that telephoto shooter; if you’re not too bothered about that, you’ll be delighted with the standard Pixel 6, which can staff out great-looking photos in pretty much any condition. With that, you’ve got complete manual control, so you can poke any stuff that doesn’t please you. The selfie shooters aren’t quite as impressive as sadly. So, if you’re a selfie affectionate, you might want to look elsewhere.
Several mirrorless cameras, including DSLR mirrorless cameras, consume a lot of care and space, whereas smartphones can act as compact cameras. So, these three smartphones can act as the best camera for YouTube. The YouTube videos you edit can produce an excellent output using these cameras. Let’s call it a “Blackmagic pocket cinema camera.”
These cameras or smartphones are used as YouTube cameras, or Blackmagicamera buys a lot of YouTubers. The best YouTube camera depends on many factors such as cap capture footage, full-frame sensor, battery life, and the type of content you want to capture. Now making YouTube videos requires more than a good camera; a vlogging camera, for example, requires some getting used to.
The image quality provided by all 3 smartphones is impressive; you can also add a lens mount to improve the quality and equip them with other attachments, thus making it the best camera for YouTube.
Several other cameras, including DSLR cameras, use interchangeable lenses, but a single smartphone optimizes all of these features in one camera. Most cameras these days add more and more features making them hard to handle, so smartphones are a fantastic choice for beginners who don’t want to buy equipment such as a lens mount.
Another advantage of smartphones is that they all support slow-motion recording, and you don’t need an external mic since they already have the best equipment. They have a good performance in low light, which is low light performance as per the Expectations. They also provide a better image quality; these cameras’ key feature is that they can be used as action cameras as they have a high refresh rate.
They can be said to be the best budget cameras, and choosing the right camera is very helpful in keeping these three options in mind. These have a very high battery life with high-quality video performance.
Leave a Reply