How to reset Google Home, Google Home Mini, Google Home Max, and Google Nest Mini are covered in this post. Additionally, it explains when and why you should reset this kind of gadget and when you should not do it.
Consequences of deleting Google Home?
- Resetting the Home will erase all of the speaker’s settings and data, just like it would with any other device.
- A reset will also delete your Wi-Fi password and log the device out of any previous accounts.
- A reset is typically performed to address a persistent issue that refuses to be resolved by a restart or another, simpler fix.
- Whatever your motivations, you must keep in mind that deleting all the data from the device will need you to restart the initial setup procedure, connect the Google Home to your Wi-Fi, and link it to other devices in your Home. This explains how to reset Google Home and when you can reset your Google Home.
Connect Google Home with Other Devices
On the Google Home app for Android or iOS, you may
- Change the device’s name.
- Sign in to another Wi-Fi network.
- Update the account you use with Google, Pandora, Spotify, and other services.
- Set up smart home devices. Install the application to configure Google Home.
Difference between Reset and Restart
You may always have wondered how to reset Google Home when there is a rationale for why a reset and a restart are mentioned separately.
- Restarting the Home Mini only turns it on and off; nothing else is altered.
- However, a reset will erase all of your Home’s data and return your gadget to its original settings.
- Additionally, the device will be unplugged from your Wi-Fi router and logged out of your Google account.
- The choice between resetting and a restart will completely depend on the nature of your problem and the solutions you have already attempted.
Need to restart Google Home?
Instead of conducting a complete factory reset on your Home Mini, you can try a short power cycle.
- Unplug the device, let it sit without power for about a minute, and then plug it back in.
- Navigate to Settings > Device Settings and select Reboot by clicking the More icon (the three dots).
How to reset Google Home?
Holding down the Factory Data Reset (FDR) button will typically allow you to reset the device and return it to its brand-new state. The device’s settings and personal data are completely deleted during a factory reset. The following steps explain how to reset Google Home.
Once you follow these steps, You can complete a Google Home factory reset in under a minute:
1. A dedicated FDR button is at the bottom of the Google Home Mini. You may find it next to the power plug; look for a plain circle.
2. Reset the Google Home by holding the button for 12 to 15 seconds.
3. The Assistant will confirm that it is resetting the device.
4. Turn the button off. Your gadget has now been reset.
Resetting Google Home Mini
- There is neither any separate process nor any particular reset button to reset Google Home Mini on the Google Home Mini.
- Instead, it accomplishes this using the Microphone Mute button on the device’s rear. Like the Home Mini, press and hold the button for 12 to 15 seconds.
- After hearing the Assistant affirm that the device is being reset, you can let go of the button.
Resetting Google Home Max
- The Google Home Max features a dedicated FDR button, just like the Home Mini.
- Right next to the power plug is where you may find it.
- To reset the gadget, hold it down for 12 to 15 seconds.
- After the Assistant confirms that the device is being reset, you can release the button.
Resetting Google Nest Mini
- The Google Nest Mini lacks an FDR button specifically for that purpose.
- Instead, it makes use of the Mic On/Off button.
- On the outside of the Nest Mini, turn off the microphone. Orange LEDs will appear.
- The center of the device’s top, where the lights are, should be pressed and held.
- After 5 seconds, the reset process will start but maintain holding down for an additional 10 seconds until you hear a sound indicating that the Nest Mini is reset.
Once you know how to reset Google Home, you can configure it once more precisely as you did when it first arrived. You will be notified that a new Google Home device has been discovered when you launch the Google Home app on your smartphone. To start setting up Google Home, tap the notice.
Google home is the best thing to plan and make your day better. It helps you manage all kinds of tasks and answers questions that contain curiosity. So, why sit and get bored? When you can enjoy with Google Home. You can check more gadgets on Google Store. I hope this article will be useful.
Also, check: How to Restore iPhone