- It is easy and free to update Mac. It is also not as consuming as it used to be in the past. It is good to check for updates on your Mac. This is also important to install software updates on your Mac to increase its working efficiency.
- The update to the operating system on your Mac will add a good amount of new features to your computer. It can improve the power efficiency or fix problematic software bugs.
- With the operating system, it is also important to check for updates on your Mac because it is necessary to ensure that everything is working properly.
- We have provided all the guidance related to all the problems and headaches you may face. We have also provided solutions to these problems you may encounter while updating your Mac Apple.
- Here you will learn the updating of macOS automatically. You will also learn how to update all your apps with a single click.
macOS updating on your Mac
There are the following steps to check for new Apple software updates in Mac.
1. First of all, go to the Apple menu. Open the menu from the top left corner of the screen.
2. Find the option About this Mac, and click it. In the next window, you will find a software update, click it, and open it.
3. Then, you will see systemic preferences and search for new macOS updates. If it appears to download, click Update Now and install that update.
4. If you have already downloaded the update, click the restart now to install it. The time to install and download a new software update for your Mac may vary between five minutes to five hours. It depends on the size of updates and also on your internet connection speed.
5. Your Mac will ask you to restart so that you can install the update after downloading it.
Setting Mac To Automatically Update MacOS
It is best to set your MacOS to update automatically. So you do not have to worry about missing important updates.
Following steps are required to set your MacOS for automatic update.
1. In the System Preferences, you will find the Software update page. Open that page.
2. There, you will see a box that says Automatically keep my Mac up to date.
Apps Update on Mac
- As the operating system, it is also necessary to keep all the apps on your Mac updated. When you have installed the latest software updates for your Mac apps, ensure that all the latest features with no bugs are present on your macOS.
- The update of all apps is not as easy as it is easy to update macOS. You have to follow a separate process to update apps through the App Store to update apps.
Updating Mac Through App Store
- Open the app store on your apple mac.
- On the sidebar, you will find updates. For the updates, click it.
- If you find any updates, then to download and install them click the Update All.
- You do not have to get through the App Store to update Mac Apps, and you have to go through the developer’s website to get the latest updates there and download them. It is also possible that your apps can ask you about apps update when you open them.
Instantly update Your Mac software
For the instant update of all your Mac apps, you have to use Mackeeper Update Tracker. This tool helps you to keep all your apps updated. First of all, it scans your Mac to get necessary data about your apps, then Mackeeper’s database searches out if you have the latest update or not.
After completing the Scan, then they search out which one needs updating. The Mackeeper is the best one for downloading and installing all the updates at once with a single click.
It also gives you the option that you can choose which apps to update and which ones do not need to update. You can save your data cost by updating only those apps which you need the most. You can update the tracker tool; you have to follow the following steps.
1. At first, you need to download and install Mackeeper on your Mac.
2. On the Mackeeper sidebar, you will find Update Tracker. Click the Update Tracker.
3. Then, you will find Scan for updates and click on it. After this, Mackeeper will do its work on its own.
4. After completing the scanning process, you will see a list of Mac apps that will need to be updated. To update all those apps at once, click Update All to start updating.
macOS Monterey Update
The latest version of macOS at the time of writing is Monterey. Suppose you want to update your macOS to Monterey from an older version. Your current version of macOS will decide which method you have to use. You can see all the details here which you need to know.
Monterey Update from Big Sur, Catalina, or Mojave
1. In the Apple logo, you will find System Preference and open it.
2. Your computer will search for the available updates, and if there are any updates, they will pop up. To download the installer for the new version of macOS, click the upgrade now.
3. After the installation and downloading, you can use your Mac.
4. Keep in mind your Mac will not work for some time as the software installs.
Monterey Update from High macOS Sierra or Older
If you are using High Sierra or an older version, then you have to do the following things:
1. First of all, you have to launch the App Store on your Mac. You can launch it by clicking on the blue icon containing white A, or you can search it by pressing command space + command and typing App store.
2. Go for the search of macOS.
3. Then Click on Get. There may be a download button on the older version of the App Store.
4. You have to fill out your Apple ID information if they ask.
5. After all the above, the downloading of the installer will start, then you can look for the time bar under downloading.
6. After downloading the installer file, a window will pop up on your Mac and prompt you to continue. You can see the installer file there in the applications.
7. The download will happen in the background, so you can do it all by doing other work and web surfing.
8. Now you are thinking about where you can find it. At first, you may need to search, but after launching, you can get the direct link.
Time to MacOS Update
macOS update will take a large amount of time when you start downloading it. It may take 10 hours to download an 11.98 GB file. So prepare yourself to wait for a while during Monterey downloading. If you are working with poor Wi-Fi, it may also take a long time. You can leave your Mac to download the operating system update overnight.
Keep in mind that before you start the installation, you can’t use your Mac at any point. So you always keep in your mind that it may take up to an hour.
Installation of macOS Monterey
After downloading, you can install the macOS software on your Mac.
1. After downloading the installer, you will get a pop on the window screen for starting the installation process.
2. Click on continue to start installing.
3. To Finish installing the software update, you have to follow on-screen instructions. The process may take half an hour to complete the process depending on the Mac.
Is there any Possibility to Update macOS on Mac?
There are many possibilities that you might not be able to update your Mac. The lack of storage space may be one of the most common reasons. So there is enough free space for downloading the updated files on Your Mac so you can install updates.
15-20 GB free storage space is enough for installing updates to your Mac.
The Latest Version MacOS
At this time, the latest software update for the Mac by Apple is macOS Big Sur 11.2.2, but Apple releases updates daily to improve the working capacity and overcome software bugs.
Therefore, the fixed number is probably to change likely regularly.
Updating an Old Mac
Sometimes you are not able to update your Mac despite you having enough space. So there is a possibility that you have an old version of macOS. With time, macOS update for an old computer may be stopped by Apple to avoid issues because outdated hardware cannot give an expected performance.
It is always best to check on Apple’s for searching the Mac models that are compatible with the latest version of macOS.
Is it necessary to update your Mac? Yes. Before updating, make sure that there is enough storage space. It is good to keep your Mac updated with the latest version of the software. It gives you access to the modest features and protects your Mac against Software bugs but keep one thing in mind you should check the compatibility of certain software with Mac updates.