Valorant is a first-person shooter gamer launched by riot games on June 2, 2020, and it is free to play. It is a team-based tactical shooter game like Apex Legends and Counter Strike, having registered trademarks of riot games. Players manage agents and characters from different countries and cultures around the world.
The game is quiet easy to play, once you get the hang of it, however most people are confused on how to download Valorant. Many users don’t know yet how to download Valorant. So the wait is finally over; in this article, we will provide all the information you need regarding how to download Valorant and complete a beginner’s guide of Valorant.
- Riot Games, Inc. is an American video developer, publisher, and founder of Valorant, editor of the esports tournament. Its headquarters are in West Los Angeles, California, and have registered trademarks, associated logos, and service marks of riot games Valorant beta.
- The match is a 5 vs. 5 game between the two teams with 25 rounds lasting up to 60 minutes. The goal is to plant a spike (bomb) on any site, or we can say that bomb sites, while the other team stops it from exploding. Any team that can eliminate its rival wins the match.
How to Download Valorant
For downloading Valorant, there are 9 easy steps that you need to follow:
(1) To install Valorant in your PC, first, make sure that around 20 GB of free space is on the hard drive.
(2) Search the riot games website in your browser, move to the riot games Valorant, and read all the service marks and associated logos. After accepting all this, simply download the game software as it is free to play.
(3) Next step is to create a riot games account in your windows and sign in to it.
(4) The game software is around 60-70 MB. Just install that to your windows.
(5) The next step to launch the game launcher, which will automatically install Valorant additional files that you need to play Valorant on PC.
(6) You need to install a vanguard for Valorant on pc that makes Valorant free from hackers.
(7) After installing riot vanguard, simply restart your windows.
(8) After restarting the windows, launch the game client, go to the advanced options, customize settings like graphics and sensitivity according to your requirements, and create your profile. Then after that, it will automatically download a few needed files, like agent graphics.
(9) That’s all you need to do, now open the main menu and play Valorant.
There are two primary game modes:
- Unrated is the first mode in Valorant in which there is a 5v5 match between the players where a random map is allotted. There are two teams in this, and every team has five players. The first team to win a total of 13 rounds wins the game. The agent armed with the greatest weapon and tactical abilities dominates the rounds.
- It’s the mode of team strategies where you have to expect your teammates to score. The team with better strategies, sharp gunplay and lethal abilities wins the round. The double-clicking also helps in sharp gunplay and a faster.
- Players first need to pick their favorite agent whose lethal abilities they love. Players are then divided into attackers and defenders; every team switches their roles after 12 rounds. In this mode, spectacular plays and clutch moments matter a lot.
- Every player respects and admire the clutch moments and spectacular plays. Each player has one life per round and has to use that. An agent armed with an operator creates opportunities for the team to rush free as they can give cover from long range.
- The competitive stage, or we can say that ranked mode is the toughest game mode in Valorant; it uses the same rules and formats within the game as unrated, but with a higher-stakes and a higher level of play. In this, each player has one life per round and tactical abilities and has to make their gunplay shine.
- The greatest weapon here is your aim and calmness that makes your gunplay shine. In a competitive match listening to audio queues helps a lot in rounds, but competitive play is quite a stressful and serious game compared to unrated.
- Here are a few tips to keep in mind in a competitive stage: never get nervous, focus on your aim and skills, and win the round. It also creates opportunities globally; people love to watch competitive games.
Valorant has 7 different maps available in it. These are:
- So we have our first map, i.e., Ascent, an open playground for small positions, and attrition separates the two Ascent sites.
- Each site can be reinforced with indestructible bomb doors; when they are down, you have to destroy them or find another way. Earn as little space as possible.
- If you want to go farther, you have to go up. A pair of areas separated by a high center allows rapid movement using a two-wire climb. Each area is built with an upcoming tower that is important to control.
- Remember to look up the high ground before it all blows up.
- The unique design of the Fracture divides the map into four main quadrants, four central areas between the quadrants containing sites and Attacker spawns, and the central area where the Defenders spawn at the base.
- Two sites, and nothing in between. You must select left or right. What will it be then? Both offer direct methods of attackers and teleporters are one method that makes it easy to turn your back.
- See the ancient ruins or caves along the coast in this tropical paradise, and this map is so beautiful. But bring some cover. You will need them in wide-open spaces and long-distance interactions. Look at your sides, and this will be a breeze.
- Your next battlefield is a secret archaeological site, and it is the colder map in Valorant. Two plant sites protected by snow and ice require a horizontal fine.
- Use zipper lines, and they will never see you coming; it’s the easier map for those who don’t know how to play Valorant.
- The availability of three sites to plant makes this map unique from other maps. Beneath the forgotten palace, chaos arises from rival Agents who control the three sites. There is more space to be held, but defenders can use additional commercial space to push violently.
Valorant has various agents available, and all the agents have different abilities. There are 4 types of agents in Valorant; we will give a complete beginner’s guide on them. These are
- Duelists – Duelists are fraggers who represent their team who expect, with skills and abilities, to get the top frags and seek to work first.
- Controllers – Controllers specialize in classifying risk areas to plan successfully for their team; they are known to provide cover while entering the site.
- Initiators – The initiators challenged the angles by stopping their team from entering the disputed area and pushing the defenders away; they are known for revealing the location of the enemies.
- Sentinels are defensive specialists who can shut down areas and look at the sides, both in the attacker’s rounds and in the backcourt. They are known for holding the sites in Valorant, leading their team to victory.
6 agents come in the duelist category. These are Reyna, Phoenix, Neon, Yoru, Raze, Jett.
- Built in the heart of Mexico, Reyna rules one battle out of every killing she gets and is known for quick frags. Her ability is limited only by her immature ability, making her more dependent on performance.
- Due to all these fantastic abilities, most players love Reyna.
- Hailing from the U.K., the power of the Phoenix star shines through his fighting style, burning the arena with flash and flames. Whether you have a copy of the archive or not, you will rush into battle at will.
- Filipino agent Neon moves at an alarming rate, emitting bioelectric radiation as fast as his body can produce it. She rushes forward to catch the enemy by surprise and strikes them down more quickly than lightning.
- A native of Japan, the Yoru, goes through the holes directly to get into enemy lines. Using deception and violence in equal measure, he gets down to each topic before knowing where to look.
- Yoru has a good mix of abilities due to the fact that Valorant players play him a lot.
- Raze explodes out of Brazil with her big personality and heavy weapons. With her blunt-force-trauma style, she excels at striking enemies and opening up tight spaces with a huge “boom” that clears the enemy at any site.
- Representing her home country of South Korea, Jett’s quick and avoidable fighting style allowed her to risk what no one else could do.
- She runs circles around the whole conflict, cutting off enemies before they know what they have been hit with.
So let’s take a quick look at all the remaining agents of Valorant.
- Belonging to the controller class, joining the USA Brimstone’s orbital arsenal ensures that his teammates remain profitable. His ability to deliver help accurately and effectively makes him a master of low boots.
- A phantom of memory, Omen hunts in the shadows. He can see the enemy, the communication ports throughout the arena, get teleport from sticky situations, and then allows paranoia to catch as his enemy moves to learn where to strike next. He can also give cover to his teammates by putting smoke.
- American chemist, Viper uses a series of toxic chemical tools to control the battlefield and cripple the enemy’s vision. If the poison does not kill his prey, her mind games will kill and help the teammates win the round.
- Ghanaian agent Astra uses space power to set the battlefields to her liking. With the full command of his heavenly state and deep foresight, she is always at the forefront of his enemy’s next move and helps win games.
- Born from the eternal winter of the Russian tundra, Sova pursues, detects, and eliminates enemies with efficiency and merciless accuracy. This makes him the most important agent in Valorant that helps in leading rounds and games. His custom bow and his amazing aim and skills ensure that even if you run, you can’t hide.
- Hailing from Australia, Skye and her caravan marched through a hostile environment. With her creation disrupting the enemy, and her power to heal others, the Valorant players are stronger and more secure on Skye’s side.
- Breach, a bionic Swede, detonates powerful explosives aimed at kinetic to clear a path that passes through enemy territory. The damage and disruption it inflicts on us ensure that no fight is always fair.
- Kayo is a military machine designed for one purpose: neutral radiation. His power to suppress the enemy’s abilities weakens his opponents’ defenses, ultimately protecting him and his supporters.
- The Chinese fort, Sage, makes it safe for herself and her teammates wherever she goes; one ability that this agent brings to heal and slow orb helps a lot in games in Valorant.
- It can rehabilitate fallen friends and avoid vicious push-ups, providing a calm base for hellfire and giving one life more on her ultimate power.
- German genius Killjoy easily protects the battlefield using her collection of fiction; if the damage from her gear does not stop her enemies, repairing her robots will help her do a shorter task with them.
- Well-dressed and well-armed, French architect Chamber fires the attackers with deadly accuracy.
- He uses his custom weapons to capture the queue and eliminate remote enemies, with an emergency built into the whole system.
- Moroccan information trader, Cypher is a one-person security network that monitors everything the enemy does.
- There is no secure secret. There are no invisible strategies. Cypher is always watching.
Well, to summarize Valorant is the best free to play game in the world and by this article you came to know how to download Valorant, and how to play it.
Just follow the steps and Valorant will run very smoothly in your windows.