How to Post Stories on Snapchat?
Well, a story is a collection of pictures and videos you post to your story feed on Snapchat that are visible to you. It’s visible to your friends, and now this is a cool thing because you or your friends can all see your story for 24 hours, and you need to know How to make a private story on Snapchat.
It’s a cool way to keep a kind of like a vlog throughout the day, but it takes minimal effort because you’re capturing images and videos up to 1 second at a time.
How to Post Your Story?
Keep reading to learn How to make a private story on Snapchat.
- First, you take a snap and then send it to your story. First, open the Snapchat camera and record the video you want. You can also click on the mute icon to the bottom left. You can also loop that video without the audio.
- Now to add this to your story, you have two options. You can click on the icon to the bottom right, and if you do that, you can add it to your story, send it to some friends, and learn How to make a personal story on Snapchat to send privately.
- The easy way is to click on this plus at the bottom, which sends it directly to your story.
- So we will go ahead and do that right now.
Adding Your Story on Snapchat
- Now I am adding one snap to my story, and now the snap has been added.
- Now the beauty of stories is that you’re able not just to post the stories and engage with people but to see exactly who is engaging with your content.
- We added many things to my story for this tutorial, and we will see what those things are.
Capturing the Snaps
- Now, click on these three dots.
- And after doing that, it will show all of the snaps you have posted over the last 24 hours.
- Now, you can see those individual snaps by just clicking on one.
- Now, click on the one and if you want to get out of that snap, you can hold the screen and slide down.
Keep reading to know How to make a private story on Snapchat.
- Now scroll down to some of the older snaps in your story, and you can see, let’s say, 17 people viewed this snap here.
- You can click on that number with that little eye, showing exactly who engaged with that video and who watched that snap, and you can scroll through it.
- So at the top here, what is showing is that 17 people viewed that snap; that’s what that icon means, and this icon just to the right means that no one took a screenshot.
Screenshotting a Story
- When you look at the snap, you can click on these icons to see who interacted and engaged with your snap.
- Now, scroll down here, and when you go back up to the top, you will see all of your recent snaps.
How to Delete Posts from Your Snapchat Story?
So we will show you how to delete something from your story.
- Take a weird picture; go ahead and add it to your story.
- Now that you have added it to your story, it is available for anyone to see.
- After you added you might realize that you do not want to be a part of it.
Deleting a Snapchat Private Story
- Now go ahead and click on those three dots again.
- Then tap on that one you just posted, and down here, you will see this little trash icon.
- There is a trash icon; go ahead and press that.
- It will ask you if you want to delete the snap and go ahead and delete the snap.
- Yes, I want to delete it, and the snap has been deleted.
Downloading Your Story
Now there’s another thing that you can do is tap those three that are there again. If you want to download your story so that you can save it and maybe repurpose that video, upload it to YouTube or share it on Facebook and ask people to follow you and now, How to make a private story on Snapchat?
- Go ahead and click on those three dots again.
- Then there’s this little down arrow that stands for download.
- Then download your story.
Saving Story Thumbnail
- Go ahead and press that right now.
- You will see it’s downloading my entire story from over the last 24 hours.
- Now it is complete, your entire story will be saved to your phone.
So that’s it; that’s how you post to your story. Go ahead and start making some incredible stories and start sharing them with the world well with your friends on Snapchat.
How to create a private Snapchat story that only certain people can see?
How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat?
- Let’s start by opening Snapchat and tapping your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Then tap the new story in the menu.
- At the bottom, select the private story option.
- Now choose which friends you would like to allow to view the story.
- Tap the name of each friend to select them.
- When you’re done selecting friends, tap to create a story.
- Now type in what you’d like to name your story and tap Done when you’re finished.
- Once that’s done, when you capture a photo or video you want to share privately.
- Your new private story will pop up as an option.
You can manage your private story by tapping your profile icon and tapping on the three dots beside the name of your story.
There you can change the story name, who can view your story add a post to the story, or delete it; that’s all it takes to create a private Snapchat story.
Now you know How to make a private story on Snapchat.
Escape the real world for a while and live an alternate reality for once, and portray the image of yourself you always wanted to.
Also check: How to update apps on android.