There can be several reasons why you’d possibly postpone an image search on your iPhone.
Maybe you’d want detailed information about the image, including the source and related history, or maybe, you wish to verify the authenticity of the image you found online.
Whatever your reasons are, I will show you how to reverse image search on iPhone in this article.
What is a Reverse Image Search
Google Image Search supports to search of similar images that appear across the web. Upload your photos from your desktop to Google Images, and as a result, it will give you related images used on other websites and different sizes of the same image almost instantly.
Now you understand what is reverse Image search then start with google images and how to reverse image search on iPhone.
Search by Image for Google images
Google reverse image search by image feature is currently available on desktops and not your iPad or mobile phone. So, if a friend sent you a photo transfer on WhatsApp or Facebook through a URL that you would like to confirm, you will need to first transfer the image to the desktop and then perform a distorted image search.
All your uploaded photos are hosted anonymously on Google Cloud and can’t be found by other users. All images are automatically deleted from cloud storage within some hours of upload. Before how to reverse image search on iPhone, you have to know why it is important.
Why Is Reverse Image Search Useful
Reverse Search is beneficial for verifying the source of photos, WhatsApp images, screenshots, and online memes. Tinder and Facebook users have used Search by Image to go looking for profile pictures of their potential dates, travelers using them to locate photos, while wedding sites use distorted search to detect inaccurate uploads.
Whatever your reason is, there are some ways to perform a reverse image search on an iOS device. What is the procedure for reverse image search on iPhone? Let’s follow the steps below to be told the thanks for stopping working reverse image search on your iPhone or iPad.
How Does Reverse Image Search Work On iPhone
How to reverse image search on iPhone? This is the most important question right now. Thanks to Google Images, performing a reverse image search on iOS is not easy to take a few steps. Remarkably, it works not only in the Google Chrome app but also in Safari app. Moreover, we can even use third-party apps also.
If you want more flexibility, choose to use an app designed for this function. There are a few images retrieval app available for iPhone and iPad. There are three methods to reverse image search on iPhone. With that said, let’s start with the steps!
How to Reverse Image Search on iPhone using the Safari App
Searching for a reverse image in the Safari app first requires you to request a desktop site to access the Images search tool. Since iOS 14 has performed the task of switching between desktop version and mobile version straightforward, you’ll not opt.
1. Start the Safari browser on your iOS device. After the app opens, visit this URL ( images.google.com ).
2. First off, tap the ‘aA’ button beside the URL within the upper left corner of the address bar on the screen.
3. Afterward, tap on ‘Request Desktop Website’ within the popup menu that appears.
4. The desktop version of Google Images will appear with the selection to undo the search bar. Tap on the ‘camera’ icon located within the search bar.
5. Later, the search results show that you just are going to be able to search by pasting a picture URL or uploading an image from your iPhone gallery. If you’d wish to undo the design for photos stored on your iOS device, press the ‘Upload image’ button.
6. Latterly, tap on ‘Select File’ (choose file) and choose an image from your photo library.
7. For an honest result, you’ll be able to reverse image search any image from your desktop library or computer program. You’ll be able to tap a picture or video to reverse search on your iPhone straight away.
8. As soon as you upload a picture, Google will automatically start reverse image searching and, as a result, display information associated with the photo.
How to Reverse Image Search on iPhone using the Google Chrome
If you are facing a problem with the first method in how to reverse image search on iPhone, then start with the second method. It is easy to perform a reverse image search on iOS using the Google Chrome app because the mobile browser doesn’t force you to vary to the desktop version.
1. Open chrome on your iPhone. You will see a few options but Tap the bottom right option.
2. Now, request for desktop site and head to the net page or search and open any image you’d wish to undo the search.
3. Next, touch and hold an image. A pop-up menu will appear, allowing you to reschedule to go look at the image online. Tap the Search for this Image option. If you would like prime (High) image resolution, click on ‘Extra sizes’ to figure out the corresponding results.
How to reverse image search on iPhone using TinEye or Yandex
Let’s start with how to reverse image search on iPhone using TinEye or Yandex method. Even as many of us think about Google Chrome as their first place for reverse image search, it’s not the sole option. Other methods like TinEye or Yandex both offer identical functionality.
1. Start by downloading TinEye. This reverse image search tool is incredibly easy to create your search.
2. In TinEye, immediately after downloading the location, press “Upload,” and find the image on your iOS device by selecting “image Library,” “Take image or Video,” or “Browse.” the newest one permits you to bear your Files folder to seek out images, while “image Library” brings your Albums.
3. Once you’ve got selected your image in the given format, it starts a fast exploration for results. Using its technology, it will create a group of results. Each result gives the date when the image was first captured and the appropriate image size. Clicking on any results will take you to its page, and you’ll download or download the image.
4. As a quest engine, Yandex and its distorted search tool are located by tapping the “Images” icon at the underside of the search bar. When the following screen appears, find the camera icon on the far right of the search bar and continue it. You have to copy the image URL to search for new images.
5. Like TinEye, you’ll be able to value more highly to upload a photograph using the Photo Library, take a replacement photo, or browse the image files you have got already downloaded.
6. Once you’ve got selected the image and began your search, Yandex will show its results. Google, TinEye, and Yandex all provide similar images, but Yandex provides more details because of the description accompanying the image. You’ll be able to also set other sizes, then scroll down to see your search results.
How to reverse image search on iPhone using Third-party apps (Reversee App)
We will start with how to reverse image search on iPhone using Third-party apps. There are many photo retrieval apps available in the Apple App Store. So, if you do not want to use Safari or Chrome and would like to use a full app designed for this purpose, you should try some of these iPhone photo retrieval apps.
1. Start the Reversee app backup app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, you can paste a link to a photo, or you can select an image from your camera roll on the screen.
3. For this, I will attach a link. Copy the image link (touch and hold the image and select ‘Copy’ from the popup menu). Note that when you click ‘Paste,’ Retrieval will paste a link from Safari to speed up your work.
4. Now, press ‘Search’ in the top right corner of the screen to access important image information. The app also relies on Google Image search.
iPhone Models That Support Reverse Image Search
You can apply reverse search image methods to the following iPhone models:
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
Now that you have mastered how to reverse image search on iPhone, start searching for the most valuable thing you have ever wanted to know!
Which way do you prefer to do the reverse image search on your iPhone? You can now check your presence on social media or blogs, knowing that you have done your best and are legally using these images.
Visit: Top 5 Best VPN For Chrome
Leave a Reply