It is hard to imagine a world from which music is absent. For most of us, music often offers a welcome escape from monotony. This explains why many of us listen to music while commuting to our respective workplaces, or during exercising, or while doing our routine work. What we must note here is that while doing all these, we need to move about continuously. Using earbuds with wires or cords can prove to be a hassle under such circumstances. But, now that wireless earbuds are available in the market, we need not worry about it anymore.
Why Use Wireless Earphones?
Using wireless earphones can prove to be beneficial in more ways than one. Let’s find out how these earphones may benefit us:
No Cords, No Pain
- As mentioned before, since these earbuds lack cords, we can use them while we are busy with some other work.
- We can use them while grocery shopping or while we are working out at the gym.
- We just need to pair our devices with our earbuds by using Bluetooth. Cords will not get in our way.
- Also, we won’t have to worry about the cords getting entangled.
- Plus, you can receive phone calls using these earbuds. There is absolutely no need to touch your phone.
Great Sound Quality
- Most companies have developed wireless earphones that can produce high-quality sound. Listening to your favorite music will become even more pleasurable if you use earphones equipped with noise cancellation and other similar features.
Cool, Trendy, And Cost-Effective
- These earphones have a cool and impressive design. Their stylish appearance makes everyone fall in love with them.
- Furthermore, a lot of companies have come up with earphones that many people can afford and are incredibly cost-effective.
Your Partner In Workouts
- Music is a source of comfort amidst the dullness of routine. It is undoubtedly a form of healthy distraction as well. According to several researchers, music can help us forget pain, tiredness, and other negative emotions momentarily. It’s chiefly because of this that many people listen to music while exercising or while playing sports. Wireless earphones can therefore be your very own gym buddy!
Specifications And Features To Look Out For While Buying Wireless Earbuds
It is very important to check a few things before you buy wireless earphones for yourself. If your earphones fail to live up to your expectations in terms of performance and features, your money would go to waste. Nobody would want that to happen. So, before you choose your earphones make sure that they are cost-effective. Apart from this, do take the following into account:
- Always go for earphones that are designed such that they offer maximum comfort to users. Your wireless earphones should not be very bulky. Besides, they should fit nicely in your ears so that you don’t have to worry about them falling off.
Long Battery Life
- You should look at the battery life of the earphones that you choose to purchase. They must have a long battery life so that you don’t have to charge them very often. You would not wish to invest in earbuds that have average battery life and which discharge easily.
Wireless Charging Facility
- You can go for wireless earphones equipped with a wireless charging facility. If they come with a wireless charging facility, it would certainly be an added advantage. That’s because wireless charging can be helpful when you are traveling or are outdoors.
- Your earphones must be durable. You should go for earphones that have ratings such as IPX4, IP57, and so on. These ratings indicate if your wireless earphones are resistant to water, sweat, dust, and other potentially harmful external conditions.
- Another very important component that comes with wireless earphones is the charging case. The charging case is not meant for storage only. It can also help recharge your earbuds. You should always choose earbuds that come with a durable charging case.
- Find out the codecs supported by the earbuds of your choice before purchasing them. For your information, SBC is a codec that does not offer support for high-resolution music. Some wireless earphones work with this codec and so if you end up investing in such earphones, you will not be able to enjoy your favorite music properly.
- Apple users should ensure that their preferred earbuds support the Bluetooth codec known as AAC. No Apple user should invest in earphones that support aptX or LDAC codecs.
Those who use Android devices will be relieved to know that the latest Android versions offer support to most codecs and so they have more options at their disposal.
Good Sound Quality
- Your beloved pair of wireless earbuds should be able to deliver an extraordinary performance when it comes to sound quality. Earphones developed by some companies tend to provide better sound quality than those developed by other ventures.
- You should therefore go for earbuds that can produce a balanced sound making your musical experience truly magical and impressive. However, it is important to keep in mind that earbuds offering an extraordinary sound quality are not always cheap.
Noise Cancellation And Noise Isolation
- A lot of wireless earphones come with a brilliant feature. The feature we are talking about is the noise cancellation feature. This feature allows you to concentrate on your favorite songs by minimizing or eliminating unwanted external noise of all kinds. Being interrupted by honking cars or clattering of utensils can surely get on your nerves while you are listening to music or podcasts.
- So, make sure that your earphones come with a noise cancellation feature. If they come with a sound isolation feature too, your auditory experience would become all the more enjoyable.
- Apart from all the above features, you should keep an eye on the price too! If your budget is low or you do not intend to use your wireless earphones very often, you should invest in the cheap ones. There are earbuds that do not cost much even though they come with some really impressive features.
Difference Between Wireless Earbuds And True Wireless Earbuds: No, They Are NOT The Same!
- It is likely that you have seen, heard, or read about true wireless earbuds. But if you thought true wireless earbuds are basically another name for wireless earbuds, you had the wrong idea.
- In case it escaped your notice, in some wireless earbuds, one bud is connected to the other with a cord. Some of them even come with a band that would hang around the neck of the person using it.
- On the other hand, in some earbuds, the buds are not joined by anything at all. These are known as true wireless earbuds.
20 Best Wireless Earbuds Offering Active Noise Cancellation And More: Take Your Pick Wisely!
We have prepared a list of some of the best wireless earphones that are currently available in the market. You can go for any of these based on your preferences:
1. Sony WF-1000XM4
- Arguably the best noise-canceling earbuds in the market at present, the Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds come with an ear tip design that provides for efficient noise isolation. The Integrated Processor V1 by Sony is the reason behind its efficacy in terms of noise cancellation. They eliminate background noise effectively and offer great sound quality.
- These earbuds have a better battery life as compared to other earbuds since their battery life is close to 8 hours. They are equipped with touch-sensitive controls as well. Plus, they are quite comfortable to use. Besides, they have an IPX4 water resistance rating too.
- These earbuds can pause the music automatically and let you take phone calls, and you won’t have to remove your earbuds. But for that, you need to activate features like Quick Attention and Speak-To-Chat.
- However, the Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds deliver poor microphone performance. Also, these Bluetooth earbuds do not support aptX.
2. Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
- As far as the noise cancellation feature is concerned, Bose QuietComfort earbuds offer stiff competition to Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds. These earbuds provide for strong active noise cancellation. What’s interesting about the noise cancellation feature is that there are 11 degrees of noise cancellation that users can choose from. You can adjust the degree with the help of Bose’s companion app. This companion app also lets users customize a couple of other features.
- In addition, these wireless buds deliver a stellar audio performance. If Bose QuietComfort earbuds are your choice, you will be able to enjoy listening to your favorite music with little distractions. Besides, the quality of the music will only be heightened since these earbuds offer dynamic sound.
- They are not the best earbuds as far as battery life is concerned. But they do offer a great battery life of about 6 hours. The charging case will give you 2 more charges. Also, these earbuds are sweat-resistant and can withstand unfavorable weather conditions.
- So, if you’re looking for a pair of wireless earbuds offering excellent sound quality and an active noise cancellation feature, you can go for these earbuds.
3. Apple AirPods Pro
- Apple AirPods Pro belongs to the list of best wireless earbuds chiefly because of its noise cancellation feature. These earbuds come with adaptive EQ and ear tips made of silicone.
- A force sensor is present on the stem of each earbud which can be used to skip a song, to give instructions to Siri, and so on.
- They have a battery life of 5 hours approximately.
- Besides, they are resistant to water and sweat. The Apple Airpods Pro offers spatial audio.
- Despite all these attractive features, we cannot ignore the fact that they are expensive. So, if you have budget constraints, you won’t be able to afford them.
4. Google Pixel Buds A-Series
- These earphones come with some really attractive features. Even though they are not equipped with the noise cancellation feature, no buyer would be able to resist it.
- They are quite comfortable to use. The ear fins that they come with will not let the earbuds slip from your ears.
- These earbuds deliver excellent performance when it comes to audio quality. The silicone ear tips only serve to enhance this feature. They offer a balanced and clean sound.
- If you are using them during your daily workouts, you won’t have to worry about your sweat ruining them. That’s because they have an IPX4 water resistance rating.
- These affordable earbuds are light with a battery life of about 5 hours and you will get an additional 20 hours from the charging case. They don’t encounter any trouble while pairing with Android smartphones or other Android devices. Plus, it comes with a great Google Assistant integration facility.
- But the cons is they do not offer volume touch controls.
5. Sennheiser CX True Wireless
- As far as sound quality is concerned, the Sennheiser CX True Wireless earbuds are arguably one of the best wireless earbuds.
- They offer an amazing musical experience to users with detailed trebles, powerful bass, and so on. Plus, it has a battery life of 9 hours which is quite impressive. They support AAC, SBC, and aptX.
6. Amazon Echo Buds 2
- Amazon Echo Buds 2 offer good sound quality together with a nice noise cancellation feature at an affordable price.
- Its design is quite comfortable and it comes with a revamped ANC (Active Noise Cancellation). Its ambient mode is a really unique feature. Plus, it supports Alexa.
7. Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro
- The noise cancellation feature of the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro is not the best but it is good enough.
- Equipped with touch controls that can be used easily and a host of other features, these earbuds certainly have a place among the best wireless earbuds available in the market. They have an IPX7 rating.
8. Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 Plus
- With a strong battery life coupled with excellent sound quality, Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 Plus is undoubtedly one of the best wireless earbuds at present.
- In comparison to other wireless earbuds, Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 Plus has an impressive battery life of about 9 hours. In addition to it, you will get four more charges from the charging case.
- Its audio performance is equally splendid. They are geared with the High-Performance Audio Mode which was an innovation of the British audio firm.
- Also, they offer customizable EQ settings and app support as well.
- A major drawback of these earbuds is that they lack the active noise cancellation feature.
9. Jabra Elite 85t
- When it comes to sound quality, Jabra Elite 85t certainly occupies a place in the list of best wireless earbuds.
- However, these earbuds appeal to users because of their good battery life.
- In addition, their noise cancellation feature adds to their charm.
- But some users don’t like it mainly because of its bulky design.
10. Beats Studio Buds
- Beats Studio Buds are an ideal choice for fitness enthusiasts who are in need of a pair of wireless earbuds that offer a secure fit.
- We cannot really afford to lose our earbuds while working out rigorously. But if your choice is Beats Studio Buds, you won’t have to worry about them falling off your ears while you exercise.
- With a battery life of around 8 hours, these offer a sound quality that is quite good if not the best. Also, these earbuds are equipped with an active noise cancellation feature.
- Simply put, they are a great pair for everyone looking for the best wireless earbuds that can be used while exercising.
11. Jabra Elite Active 75t
- Jabra Elite Active 75t earbuds are among the best true wireless earbuds meant for fitness enthusiasts. While exercising, you need not worry about your earbuds falling off since these earbuds offer a snug and secure fit.
- They come with an active noise cancellation feature that lets you listen to your favorite music while you shed your extra kilos. These earbuds have 4 built-in microphones. This is a really unique feature. If you make a call, you will be able to hear the other person’s voice clearly, thanks to this feature.
- These earbuds have an IP57 rating and they are quite durable. Also, they support voice assistants such as Alexa, Siri, or Google Assistant.
12. JBL Reflect Flow
- JBL Reflect Flow can be your gym buddy!
- These earphones have a battery life of around 10 hours and you will get another 20 hours from the charging case.
- They will fit nicely in your ears too. Its most remarkable trait, however, is the ambient mode.
13. UE Fits
- UE Fits is designed to provide maximum comfort to its users.
- What makes these earphones truly unique is the fact that they come with adjustable ear tips. That is, they can be made to fit comfortably in your ears using an app. Moreover, this process takes only a minute!
- Also, they have an IPX4 rating.
14. Earfun Air Pro
- Earfun Air Pro earphones are one of the perfect examples of budget earbuds.
- They offer a host of excellent features at a low price.
- These earphones offer active noise cancellation, USB-C charging, and many other attractive features.
- If these earbuds are your choice, you will be able to enjoy a delightful auditory experience.
15. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
- While it is true that Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 earbuds are expensive, they have a lot to offer.
- They come with slim earpieces that ensure comfort. Their design will allow you to listen to music or podcasts for several hours comfortably.
- Their active noise cancellation feature is brilliant.
- Each earpiece comes with a touch-sensitive pad. These are customizable.
- Its battery life is 7 hours, which is admirable indeed.
- Plus, the charging case provides three more charges.
- However, the feature which attracts most users is its brilliant sound quality.
16. Bowers & Wilkins PI3
- These earphones are quite good with a battery life of 8 hours and the quality of sound they produce is not bad either.
- Their design is really comfortable too.
- These earbuds have no IPX rating.
17. Microsoft Surface Earbuds
- Microsoft Surface Earbuds have a unique design.
- They sound nice and come with aptX Bluetooth connectivity, adjustable EQs, and so on.
- These earbuds, however, do not provide a wireless charging facility.
18. Lypertek PurePlay Z3 2.0
- Lypertek PurePlay Z3 2.0 earbuds is another splendid example of budget earbuds.
- Their total battery life is an astonishing 80 hours.
- Apart from battery life, the most important feature of these earbuds is the quality of sound they produce.
19. Grado GT220
- The most remarkable thing about these earbuds is that they offer voice controls and touch controls.
- Its battery life is 6 hours but thanks to its charging case, it can be extended up to a total of 36 hours.
20. Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW
- These earbuds belong to the list of the oldest earbuds that the market has to offer.
- Its battery life is an astonishing 15 hours with an additional 30 hours provided by the charging case.
Choose A Pair Of Wireless Earphones That Is Right For You!
- By this time, you have gained a fair idea about some of the bestselling wireless earbuds that are currently available in the market right now. However, you might still be wondering about which earbuds you should go for since there are so many options to choose from. So, do not forget to keep a couple of things in mind before splurging on them.
- You should always keep an eye on your budget and then make a choice. Determine if their price is justified considering the features that they are equipped with.
- Also, do not forget to do some research before buying them. Find out what features are these earbuds equipped with. It would be very prudent of you if you check the user reviews as well.
- You also need to figure out what you expect from your earbuds. For instance, you wish to listen to your favorite songs with little to no distractions, disturbances, or interruptions. In this case, you will need earphones that come with something known as the noise cancellation feature. Some earbuds come with an active noise cancellation feature which serves to enrich your auditory experience.
- But, most importantly, the earbuds should fit in your ears properly. The ear tip of each bud should be such that it fits nicely in your ear. Also, the size of the earbuds does matter.
In simple terms, the earbuds of your choice should be such that you derive the maximum satisfaction out of them.
You may also check this out: How To Post On Facebook: An Easy Guide