Do you know how to work for google? Many candidates might have this question on their minds. As we all know, Google is the world’s most popular search engine and is used at a very high level by 4.3 billion users, the demand for jobs in Google is increasing as well.
Google is helpful in our day-to-day life and provides dream job opportunities for us. According to Glassdoor’s and Fortune magazine’s annual 2019 lists, google is the best place to work. Doing work with google is very Indefeasible because of their hiring process. This article helps you to know how to work for google?
Jobs with the Highest Paying on Google
1. Senior Vice President
This title contains “senior “and “president,” so you can guess the value of this job. It plays an executive role in any organization, basically reporting to the CEO and company president with a Salary of $661,000–$710,000.
2. Director of Operations
In this profession, the role is to guide some departments and run daily activities in Google, with a Salary of $304,000–$330,000.
3. Director of Engineering
It is also known as VP Engineering, which trains new hiring team members, forms budgets, and conducts the engineering departments of the google company. This is a leadership role with a Salary of $300,000.
4. Senior Director, Product Management
Product management runs a business product planning and senior director overseeing the lower level managers work with skills of strong decision making. And the salary of this job is $296,000–$323,000 approximately.
5. Director, Global Partnership
This job has a salary of $286,000–$314,000 and is becoming more important in business. Google looks like a one-brand band. There are deals and a helping hand to propel it through its joyful, money-laden way. As Director of these Partnerships, this role has been assigned the task of incubating business.
6. Software engineer
Software engineers develop next-generation technologies that make changes by which millions of users connect, interact and explore with each other. They have a salary of about $143677 -$295509 per year.
How to Work for Google
1. Applying in Google for a Job
The most important step is to find which position with job descriptions you want as your interests in Google job.
First, go through Google’s open positions on its Glassdoor profile. Here you will get full job details, eligibility, salary, and everything else you might need to know. Candidates can apply from Glassdoor’s job listing page, where you will get a button “Apply Now”. If your skills match with more than one role means multiple jobs, you can also apply for them but be truthful about your abilities and relevant skills.
Here are some steps:-
Step 1:- At the top of the job description, click the APPLY button.
Step 2:-Sign into your google account.
Step 3:-Upload your resume, fill out the form and submit it.
2. Resume or Cover Letter Tips for Google
Google selects the person who is dynamic, imaginative, and disposed to learn, so your resume shows them the proper skills they want from career focus candidates, and there are some points you need to keep in mind.
- The resume limit must be 2 MB.
- Education, work history, and the cover letter are all optional.
- You can make changes only before applying, including loading a different resume many times, but you can’t make these changes after submitting it.
- Don’t re-apply for the same job before 90 days. You have to wait. However, candidates reapplying for technical roles are most fortunate when they’ve added 12 – 18 months more working experience.
- You can easily apply for a maximum of three jobs within a rolling 30-day window. Focus on while applying to jobs on google that is the most worthy match for your skills by carefully reading the overview and qualification information.
Working with Google is highly valued in the tech industry, and your resume is the first impression when you apply for a company.
How to Make a Resume for Google Recruiters
Google recruiters have a variety of sources to find a suitable candidate for the company. A few big tips for resume:-
- Google recruiters don’t have enough time to review your resume in detail, so make only a one-page resume and show some highlights it could be easy to understand in less time.
- Add up-to-date data, but the important details, make your resume clear and simple and make sure all the details are real.
- Make your formatting styling across in your resume, and this error shows a lack of care in the resume.
- Try not to put any photos in your resume because it’s very common, and they want distinct experiences.
3. Interaction with Google Recruiter
Interacting with a Google recruiter will feel like casual talk, a kind of chit-chat, but don’t take it very lightly. They look for Google employees who have not only great experience in work but in their life as well. Be confident and assertive with your aim, goals, and position in Google company.
You can ask questions to them, but be logical and show interest, make them seem as if the position you have chosen is made for you only but don’t be overconfident. Some of the questions that you might be asked are as follows:
- Tell me about yourself? Introduce yourself.
- What are your biggest accomplishments?
- Why do you want to be an employee of google company?
- How much salary do you expect from the company?
- What’s your ideal next role?
- How can you solve problems?
These are some questions asked by google recruiters to know your communication skills. In the introduction, you can add your current job, or no need to hide your current salary. They may ask about your past job experience, besides your qualification.
Be well versed with your answers, and be confident.
Rounds During the Interview Stage
There is a total of 7 rounds. Sometimes they take 3 to 4 interviews in a single day.
- Please don’t start with docs first. The first two are telephonic interview where the interviewer shares Google docs with candidates and ask either two easy questions or medium problem. They expect you to explain the solutions. Tip:-Try to write code in Google Docs before the interview. It gives you a different experience than writing the code in any software editor.
- Algo and DS Interviews, the three or four round of interviews of 45 minutes here also interviewer share Google doc with candidates and ask a medium to hard questions related to DS and Algorithms.
- This is the new interview that Google started in 2020 Googliness or Googleyness Interviews. This interview is basically to check the cultural fitness and etiquette of the candidate applying for job interviews in the company.
Questions in Google Interviews
Interviews are a kind of conversation between two parties in which one or more people ask a question and the other person answers according to his ability.
And every year, Google receives nearly 3 million applications, and you can only guess from this what type of questions they will ask you. Don’t be afraid because Google doesn’t ask you any brainteaser questions but be ready for how you answer their questions differently from other job – seekers.
Here are some questions asked during interviews, or you can find online
- Why do you want to work with Google?
- What do you know about Google’s history?
- What is your favorite Google product, or what would you like to improve?
- How does Google stand apart?
- What is multithreading programming?
- Pick up the app on your phone’s page and tell me what you like or dislike about it?
- In your opinion, which area do you think Google is underinvested in?
- How would you define success for this job?
Don’t only depend on these questions; interviewers may ask easy questions and be typical in Google’s company interviews.
- There are some things you need to keep in mind during the interview. Let’s talk about them.
- Don’t panic or be exhausted during interviews if you are doing a virtual interview. Take proper time to prepare your space. Check all mic connections, video, wi-fi connections, and sit with a notebook and pen; sometimes, scribbling is more valuable.
- Talk with the interviewer with your answers to show your thinking power. Don’t be afraid to express your thoughts, have the presence of mind during interaction and keep in mind that the question asked by the interviewer should be understood completely.
- You can also ask the interviewer for a minute to collect your thoughts if you need.
Why Should Google Hire You?
The interviewer seeks the best person for the position among the candidates. Make sure qualifications would not be the only criteria for separating you from the crowd. Google’s hiring process is not an easy task. After the hiring manager reviews on interviewers, if the company is interested in your skills and finds something different in you from others, they will hire you. Some skills are:-
- Divergent thinking
- Ability to mine big data structures
- Collaborative teamwork
- Good knowledge of writing computer code
- Algorithmic thinking
- Ability to give credit to others.
Why do You Want to Work for Google?
Google is a multinational technology company that provides online job search, and this brings you the chance to get money, an awesome team, transparency, free food, and excellent peak.
According to investopedia.com, seven companies are owned by Google. They provide the best employment opportunities, projects, and most important jobs at google, giving job security for the future and many facilities.
Google has a few jobs in deadly demand like “Information Technology, “Engineering,” and “science and research.” it would help if you had a powerful resume to join Google with respect to these jobs.
Benefits Attained if You are Hired by Google Company
Google has a lot of benefits to offer to its employees:
- Extensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Education supports and tuition repay (even for personal interest).
- Financial planning services for future.
- Flexible work schedules.
- There is free nourishment for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in some offices from on-site cafes.
- Free or grant-in-aid mobile devices.
- Free vehicles travel with high-quality Wi-fi service.
- Life and disability insurance.
- “Micro-kitchens” with free snacks and drinks.
- Classes for personal interest and professional development.
- Gyms and fitness classes.
- Health and wellness services like as massage therapy, chiropractic, physical therapy, dental care, and physician care.
- Gives you parental leave.
- Sick leave.
- Pay vacation.
- Provide retirement savings plans.
- Allow bringing your dog to work.
If you do not clear Google’s hiring process, you can go through other tech companies like FACEBOOK, MICROSOFT, APPLE, if they feel hiring practices in their companies, they will grant your application.
Best Google Certification Courses
- Google project management professional certificate
- fundamental of Digital marketing
- Google AdWords certificate
- Google AI
- Google UX Designer professional certificate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does Google hire new graduates?
Yes, Google does hire engineering graduates.
Q2. Can Google provide internships for recent graduates? Does it pay
Yes, Google offers many internships for students, and Google interns get paid more than total times across the country.
Q3. How many times can we apply for Google jobs?
Candidates can apply for up to three jobs every 30 days.
Q4. Can we get a job in Google after passing the 10th or 12th?
No, you can’t directly apply for Google after the 10th or 12th. You must have graduated in engineering or any other stream with a good percentage.
Q5. Why is Google a tech giant?
Google provides the best customer service and delivers its products.
Q6. Is it difficult to get a job at Google?
Yes, we might say that because of their quality standard and a very high number of applications they receive per year, it’s more competitive to get a job in Google company with your suitable position.
So, here is our guide which will help you to know the simple works for Google. I hope now you are all clear on how to work for Google and how to prepare yourself for the interviews at Google.