Today, we will explore one great feature that Spotify has for premium/free users. You can change a Spotify playlist picture to something that you feel suits your playlist.
Spotify is an audio streaming app launched in 2008 and evolved to be everyone’s favourite due to the facilities it can offer even without having a premium subscription. Rather than other audio steaming services, Spotify users can listen to songs in the background in the free versions.
But a premium account is necessary to enjoy offline listening and a commercial-free version.
Spotify is currently available in 184 markets, including most of Europe and the Americas, with various services like songs, albums, playlists, and podcasts. Spotify has gained immense popularity within a short period with its excellent features that please all music lovers.
Firstly, How to create a playlist in the Spotify app?
Creating custom playlists is one such feature that the Spotify app offers, which you can personalise to suit your needs and mood. If you have never created a playlist using the Spotify app, please follow along.
#How to create a Spotify playlist in the Spotify web player?
If you’re using your personal computer to play Spotify music, you can either use a web application or a desktop app. The steps are similar for both types of software.
- Click on the “+” icon saying “Create Playlist.”
- After creating the playlist, you can add songs to your Spotify playlist by searching for your songs and clicking on “ADD” in the right menu icon.
- Now can personalise your playlist and edit details like your playlist name, which can be done by clicking on “My Playlist #1” and saving it after changing the name. You can change the playlist’s cover picture image, which will be discussed later.
Another outstanding feature is connecting to more than one device without Bluetooth. Listen from one and control the queue through other devices. If you are using the same account on all the devices, Spotify will permanently update the playlist you created on your PC.
#How to create a Spotify playlist on an Android device?
- Navigate to “Your Library” in the Spotify android app, then touch on the “+” in the top right corner.
- Enter your Playlist name and tap “CREATE.”
- Tap on “Add Songs” to edit the playlist. You can add songs to your Spotify playlists by searching for your songs and clicking on “+” in the right menu.
- An option says “Enhance,” which recommends similar songs by similar artists with a green-coloured icon that symbolises recommended songs. You can either add it or remove it. After enhancing your playlists, click on the same option again to return to normal.
It’s almost the exact steps you need to follow in iPhone Spotify to create a playlist.
How to change Spotify playlist picture?
Now that you have created your playlists and added your favourite songs let’s personalise it by changing the playlist photo to a custom cover image.
#How to change a Spotify playlist cover picture in the Spotify web player?
- Open the desktop or web app in Windows/iOS and select the playlist whose cover photo you feel like changing. Click on the three-dot icon and tap edit details.
- Click on the playlist cover picture, which says “choose photo,” hovering to change it to one from your device, and tap saves after changing the playlist cover image.
- Or you can directly tap on the playlist cover image that says “choose photo” on hover to change the playlist image.
#How to change a Spotify playlist cover picture on an android device?
- Open Spotify and navigate to “Your Library,” and click on the user-created playlists whose image needs to be changed.
- Click on the three dots icon, Tap edit playlist, and tap change image.
- We can see three options here-> Take Photo: where you can upload the photo captured from the camera at that moment.-> Choose photo: where you can upload any picture on an android device.-> Remove photo: which removes the current playlist cover photo and leaves it blank. You upload a new playlist photo.
It is the same process to be followed in your iPhone to change playlist cover images.
Other exciting features of the Spotify playlist include:
- Editing the description of playlists created.
- Deleting the playlist.
- Add the chosen playlist to some other playlist.
- If you think your playlist is perfect and want others to listen, you can share it on social media platforms and invite your friends to collaborate, letting them edit the playlist and add their personal touch.
Search within playlists
When you’ve got a lot of playlists for different moods and occasions, there’ll come a time when you want specific songs from Spotify. Using Spotify’s search feature, you can easily navigate to your playlists and the songs within.
#How to search in your desktop app?
- You can quickly locate “Search” in the left menu to begin your search. Type any keyword like artist, song, or genre in the given space.
- After the results are generated, click on the “Playlists” section next to “SEE ALL.”
- Find your favourite playlist that suits your needs and add it to your library simply by hitting “LIKE.”Or you can use a simple shortcut “Cmd + F” for MAC and “Ctrl + F” for other PCs to locate the search bar and begin your search.
#How to search in your mobile app?
- After opening the Spotify app, tap on the middle-bottom “SEARCH” icon. Type any keyword like artist, song, or genre in the given space.
- Scroll down and tap on “See all playlists” at the bottom of the search results.
- The results that are going to be displayed will only be playlists.
- After selecting your personal favourite, you can also search within the playlist.
Many exciting features attract all music lovers to Spotify!
Collaborate with friends on a playlist
You can now invite your friends to join a playlist and add tracks. Anyone in the collaborative can add, remove and reorder tracks.
If you knowingly or unknowingly delete a Spotify playlist, you can recover the Spotify playlist within 90 days by following these steps mentioned by Spotify.
Unfortunately, this fantastic feature where you can listen to songs with your friends in real-time is only available for premium subscribers. The users can hear from their own devices, synced with their friends’ devices who need not be in the same room.
Accessing this feature is simple. After playing the song, top on “Devices-icon” [with monitor and speaker]. You can invite your friends through the QR Code by clicking on “Start Session” under the option “Start a Group Session.” For someone to join your session and your music library, select “Scan to Join.”
Modify the audio quality
Spotify music offers 4 types of playback audio quality:
- 24 kbp/s (low)
- 96 kbp/s (normal)
- 160 kbp/s (high)
- 320 kbp/s (elevated)
Spotify music automatically changes the audio quality based on your network connection. By default, Spotify will turn down the audio quality if you want to save the data and turn it up according to your wish.
When using an Android device or iPhone, touch on the “Settings-icon” in the top-right corner of the Home screen. Then tap on “Audio Quality” from the given options and select your preferred settings.
If you’re using the Desktop version of Spotify music, click on your Profile name -> “Settings” and adjust the settings to suit your needs under the Audio Quality header.
Download Spotify songs for offline mode
The most significant advantage of having a Spotify premium account is downloading Music from Spotify and podcasts directly to your device and listening offline without any internet connection.
Suppose you are new to Spotify music and haven’t tried Spotify premium yet. In that case, there is an excellent premium plan for you that allows you to enjoy the premium feature just like Spotify premium subscribers freely for one to three months. In India, many premium plans benefit students at an affordable rate.
I would encourage you to read this article on How to Download Music from Spotify to understand better.