I would never believe you if you say, you love to listen to songs and never knew about Spotify. If that is the case, I advise you to start your Spotify music journey today and learn how to download music from Spotify along with us.
- Spotify is one of the most popular audio streaming platforms launched in 2008. Spotify premium users can enjoy ad-free listening and download their favourite songs or podcasts, which are not available in the free version.
- Rather than other audio steaming services, Spotify users can listen to songs in the background in the free versions. A premium account is necessary to enjoy offline listening and a commercial-free version.
- Spotify is currently available in 184 markets, including most of Europe and the Americas, with various services like songs, albums, playlists, and podcasts. All your liked songs, albums, playlists, and podcasts are saved in your library.
Let’s explore some unique features that help the Spotify app sustain at the top of the table.
Crossfade settings for a smooth transition between songs
- This setting is beneficial when you are working out or taking the initiative to play songs on behalf of your friends/family at a party.
- This crossfade functionality perfectly blends songs by alternating the volume simultaneously between the end and start of each song.
- You can decide how long the blend should last, from 1 to 12 seconds.
- To access this facility on the mobile app, adjust the Crossfade slider under the “Playback” option.
Add your Music to the Spotify library
You can easily import local files if you think your media player is more electrifying.
“Profile Name” -> “Settings” -> Scroll to “Local files”. You will have options to choose any folder on your computer.
Modify the Audio Quality
Spotify music offers 4 types of playback audio quality:
- 24 kbp/s (low)
- 96 kbp/s (normal)
- 160 kbp/s (high)
- 320 kbp/s (elevated)
- Spotify music automatically changes the audio quality based on your network connection. By default, the audio quality will be turned down if you want to save the data and turn it up according to your wish.
- When using an Android device or iPhone, touch on the “Settings-icon” in the top-right corner of the Home screen. Then tap on “Audio Quality” from the given options and select your preferred settings.
- If you’re using the Desktop version of Spotify music, click on your Profile name -> “Settings” and adjust the settings to suit your needs under the Audio Quality header.
#Colloberate with friends on a playlist
You can now invite your friends to join a playlist and add tracks. Anyone in the collaborative can add, remove and reorder tracks.
If you knowingly or unknowingly delete a Spotify playlist, you can recover the Spotify playlist within 90 days by following these steps mentioned by Spotify.
Unfortunately, this amazing feature where you can listen to songs with your friends in real-time is only available for premium subscribers. The users can listen from their own devices, synced with their friends’ devices who need not be in the same room.
Accessing this feature is simple. After playing the song, top on “Devices-icon” [with monitor and speaker]. You can invite your friends through the QR Code by clicking on “Start Session” under the option “Start a Group Session.”
For someone to join your session and your music library, select “Scan to Join.”
#Search within playlists
When you’ve got a lot of playlists for different moods and occasions, there will be a time when you want specific songs from Spotify.
If you’re in a playlist now, you can search for certain songs, albums, and artists by pressing Ctrl + F shortcut on your PC and Cmd + F shortcut on MAC. On the Spotify Android app, open your desired playlist and click on the three-dot icon, and select “Find in Playlists.”
A search bar will appear on the Spotify IOS app if you pull down the screen.
The “Create similar playlist” option appears when right-clicked on the playlist. This is one of the fastest ways to create a playlist similar to the existing playlist. Though this only works on your playlist.
#Download Spotify songs for offline mode
The most significant advantage of having a Spotify premium account is downloading Music from Spotify and podcasts directly to your device and listening offline without any internet connection.
Suppose you are new to Spotify music and haven’t tried Spotify premium yet. In that case, there is an excellent premium plan for you that allows you to enjoy the premium feature just like Spotify premium subscribers freely for one to three months.
In India, many premium plans benefit students at an affordable rate.
Let’s explore different ways how to download music from Spotify
How to download music from Spotify music on IOS and Android devices?
Although the process is the same on IOS and Android devices, the interface is slightly different. So after finding the albums or playlists you want to download,
- Android: Click on the Download toggle on the top rightIOS: Click on the downward-facing arrow on the top leftAfter the download completes, the green-coloured downward-facing arrow will appear beneath each song. The better the internet speed, the faster you can download songs from Spotify.
- Navigate to “Your Library” and find your Spotify tracks if you demand to listen offline. It’ll be available only if it’s downloaded, and you can see the downward-facing arrow in green indicating the same. Activate “Offline mode,” which will show you only the content you have downloadedAndroid: Click on the Settings icon on the top right, followed by toggling the offline modeIOS: Click on the Settings icon on the top right, navigate to “Playback,” followed by toggling the offline mode.
#How to download Podcasts on IOS and Android devices?
Fortunately, the process is the same for both IOS and android devices. You can follow a specific podcast and download episodes as they appear in your library.
- After finding the podcast, you want to listen to, tap the downward-facing arrow on that podcasts’ page to download the episodes.
- You can find these downloaded episodes under the “Downloads” section under “Podcasts.”
#How to download music from Spotify to Desktop?
- After finding your favourite Spotify playlists in the Spotify web player, click on the Download toggle on the top-right
- A green-coloured downward-facing arrow on the left menu can find downloaded playlists.
Unfortunately, these are advanced features that Spotify lets only premium users enjoy, as you would know that without accessing 3rd party, it’s not possible to download Spotify songs from Spotify without a premium account directly.
One of the most creative ways, yet the lamest way to access Spotify music offline, is to record audio in a quiet place and save it. Please follow along if you want a better solution that guarantees better audio quality.
#How to download music from Spotify with the help of a third-party application?
We will be using the application called Musify. This Spotify music downloader helps you convert Spotify songs, playlists, and albums to various audio formats with a guaranteed good audio quality. You can use this sublime application on Windows and MAC operating systems.
Before downloading audio, please be careful with copyright issues and permissions of the hosting site to avoid future problems. The songs downloaded are only in mp3 format, and there is no option to choose any other audio formats.
- Download and install the Musify application to your computer.
- Open the Spotify web player and find the Spotify music you wish to download for offline use and copy the URL of that playlist or album.
- Click on “Paste URL” and click on the song you want to download from the dropped-down lists.
- After the download is complete, click on the “Downloaded” tab to search for your songs.
- Click on the “Folder” icon to locate your downloaded music.
All these steps are for Desktop users, as Musify software is not available for Android, iPhone, or other devices. But we can still transfer the downloaded music from your PC to Mobile devices using the methods specified below.
Upload your downloaded Spotify Music and songs to your google drive from your PC. Later, log in with the same account on your mobile device and locate your songs in your Drive.
Bluetooth transfer is one of the most efficient ways to transfer files from a computer to a smartphone. Firstly, switch on Bluetooth on your PC and mobile. After pairing both the devices, just transfer songs from your PC to your mobile.
Connect your PC and smartphone with a USB cable. Then copy & paste or send your converted songs from PC to Mobile.
#How to download music from Spotify to an Android device without premium access?
This method is one of the hundreds of ways to fulfil the question asked.
- Please uninstall the official Spotify app on your Android device.
- And download the cracked Spotify version available for Android, which is unfortunately not available in the play store.
- Hence click on the latest “.apk” file to begin downloading.
- Unzip the zip folder downloaded and install the app confirming the warnings.
- And effortlessly, without any hesitation, continue to download Spotify playlists for free.
#How to download music from Spotify to iPhone without premium access?
There are plenty of third-party tools available in the App Store for iPhone users. But today, we shall discuss the TweakBox application with you, which isn’t illegal and allows you to get Spotify Premium for free.
- Navigate to TweakBow’s official website on your iPhone.
- Install the application after hitting “Allow” on all the pop-up warnings.
- Launch the TweakBox application on your iPhone after completing the necessary steps. Then scroll down to the “Tweaked apps” option. Followed by clicking ‘Spotify++’. Next, click ‘Install’ to begin the process.
- You can access the Spotify premium application and download Spotify music without paying for premium on your iPhone.
Is downloading music from Spotify music illegal?
The answer is Negative. Unlike streaming platforms like Rdio, and Soundcloud, downloading music from Spotify is not illegal. However, please restrict the downloaded songs only to personal as it becomes illegal when you try to use them for commercial purposes.
Since music is the cup of wine that fills the cup of Silence, it shouldn’t be restricted only to online but should be accessible to listen to when wi-fi is unavailable.
Enjoy your offline music library!!
I hope we were able to address the issue to its best.